Peaceful place to live

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief broom

Reaction score
In the background is a small farmhouse/barns which can only be accessed by a private single track road....peaceful or what :D Theres no roads so a 1mile length of loch is effectively your back garden where you watch otters and ospreys go by! Could do with a few trees planted about but that's easily done. Its not for sale but I like to imagine what it would be like living/growing up in a isolated farm or cottage. There's lots of similar properties by the sea up here in the highlands -single track road with your own private stretch of coast...bliss!  :D
iddvtt.jpg

It absolutely does look amazing... but for me, I would feel too lonely... even If I lived there with another person. I Like stores and such to be near by, I like to be able to see people out walking, cars driving by... But that spot looks lovely!

Thanks HWWA Danielle, I guess it wouldn't suit everyone but if you like a hassle free life its just the thing  :D Nearest supermarket is about 10 miles away but doesn't bother me. I wont ever be able to afford a farm but can stretch to a simple cottage. Renting a cabin [below] at the mo which is ok but will be looking in the not to distant future.
2a5ev5v.jpg

Hi HWWA in response to your previous [edited] post you could change your name to he-who-dies-alone hee hee :D really its not like Alaska- even on the remotest island they would send an air ambulance, on the mainland its the same as the rest of the uk [though ordering a pizza might be costly]. Living in a stress free environment like the highlands would probably ease neuroses and other freak out tendencies -I feel much more relaxed here and if I ever do have a heart  attack there aint a better place to chuck the ashes :D

Re- Zombies! and theyre wearing kilts and playing the bag pipes! The horror the horror! :club:  

2sacyko.jpg

I'm from a countryside suburb, but there are no mountains here, it's all flat ground and near the equator so it gets very hot during the Summer (upward around 30 C) and the humidity stays around 94% without raining. It's definitely nice and quiet being away from the city, but it also means a lot of hard work and not much in the way of local entertainment. I have friends though that live even further out in the countryside. One of them, the nearest grocery store to him is a 20 minute drive into town. The suburban area that I'm from has limited street lights at night, though I've never understood why. It does make it difficult to see at night while driving if you're not used to it. No matter which way you're coming into this area from off of the interstate, it's about two hours of driving through a canopy of woods. Technically, the area I'm in is what would be considered to be a retirement community. The nearest city is 20 minutes away, and I don't go there much because there's limited parking by the coast over there and everything is expensive. I don't mind it here because I'm from here, but I've tried living in bigger cities before and it's just too chaotic for me. I like small areas that are remote because even though it means a lot of hard work and not much to do, it is indeed peaceful, and I'll take that over all the hustle of living in inner cities again. If I do decide to go out into the city, it's usually only to buy something, or potentially for work-related reasons.

Thanks for the comment IncolaVacui  :) that's a thumbs up for country- I did wonder what makes it hard work for you-the heat? Ive lived and worked in London for a couple of years...couldn't stand it, its like a whirling chaotic maelstrom the closer to the centre the quicker it spins. Towns may appeal to young people-bright lights n all but I like the peace/ wildlife and simple lifestyle [being an old fart]. Im always out and about-fishing/wildlife watching/walking Murphy its not boring at all!  :D 

Dolphin watchers at Channonry Point on the Black Isle

k3q2xv.jpg

Chief broom said:
Thanks for the comment IncolaVacui  :) that's a thumbs up for country- I did wonder what makes it hard work for you-the heat? Ive lived and worked in London for a couple of years...couldn't stand it, its like a whirling chaotic maelstrom the closer to the centre the quicker it spins. Towns may appeal to young people-bright lights n all but I like the peace/ wildlife and simple lifestyle [being an old fart]. Im always out and about-fishing/wildlife watching/walking Murphy its not boring at all!  :D 

Dolphin watchers at Channonry Point on the Black Isle

k3q2xv.jpg

That's amazing! I'm tall and small-framed, and then yeah, the heat. It's actually hotter in Florida where I live than in Texas, due to the humidity factor. I'm 30 years old, I'll be 31 in July, but I like the peace and quiet, probably because I'm kind of from it.

Sometimes when I can get out I go to take photos of nature or whatnot, and one of my favorite places is always Wales (In the UK) because there's a lot of isolated places with amazing views. There's a lot of farm land and countryside, isolated houses are pretty common. I'd happily substitute travelling to town and back for food and other necessities to live in the peaceful environment of the countryside... if only my job wasn't so demanding.

qxoxh2.jpg

Here's a random pic I took where you can see the isolation and dotted houses and properties around. It would be bliss to live in a place like that.

Cheers 9006 Wales is a beautiful region, is a whatnot a kind of welsh bigfoot  :D Theres lots of crofts here in the highlands with similar kind of spacing- I do believe people need elbow room for tranquillity. Re-shopping, most of the supermarkets will deliver even to quite remote places- just do your shopping online.
23kzxi1.jpg

Latest posts

Back