Something i dnt think i can get over.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irator

Reaction score
I have some close friends and im always around family but i still seem to feel alone. 

Well, I would analyze the why's.

If you're around these people, try to ask yourself why it is you still feel lonely.
Do they not want you around? Do you have nothing in common with them?

Just because you have bodies around you doesn't mean you can't still feel lonely. Far from the truth, actually.

Let's work this out one step at a time.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:

If you're around these people, try to ask yourself why it is you still feel lonely.

Just because you have bodies around you doesn't mean you can't still feel lonely. Far from the truth, actually.

Yeah thanks. I have alot to think about.

Even though I don't have a social life, I still imagine that I'd be in your position if I had 'friends' - because I used to spend far too much time believing that people could only be happy if they had friends and romance in their lives. But I have since concluded that happiness isn't about having everything you wished you could have. It's about accepting things as they are. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I agree with E.N.S. But I also have a question of my own - how do these friends of yours treat you, generally?

Aside from it potentially being THEIR fault, you also need to look at yourself and what you are doing. Have you closed yourself off and opted to not let anyone in? Do you feel superior to them? Do you feel they are superior to you?

So many questions to answer, but it could be that, in the end, you just haven't found the right circle of friends yet.

Irator said:

Did it actually help, or is this sarcasm?

Irator said:

Did it actually help, or is this sarcasm?

No its not sarcasm.

hey Irator, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

When do you feel lonely? When your hanging out with your friends?

Is it loneliness or possibly boredom or depression? Even people with a good social circle can feel these way. What do you do with your friends and family, do you talk? Can you get engaging conversation with them? Do you play games or do hobbies together or go places?

I'd try to find things to do to take your mind off your loneliness, try a new hobby like learning a new language, or playing an instrument, drawing or doing some type of art, or take up a sport. You can do these yourself or try to get your friends and family involved.

I find that trying to keep your mind and body active can help with feelings of loneliness or depression.

I hope this helps, if the feeling still persists for a while it might help to talk with a counselor or therapist to try and get to the root of the problem and try to fix it.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back