Some general questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enpatsu No Shakugan

Reaction score
I returned after quite awhile and I've noticed a few different things and need clarification on others that I've never noticed.

1. I've noticed some past-members that I used to remember now have their names still on their posts but "Unregistered" status, IE, like they're guest posts.
This is in contrast to "banned" members, so I'm wondering what this is. They're probably not banned.... so did they decide to willingly leave or something? Kinda curious.

2. Reputation.
Are you limited to give only one reputation point to a user and that's it? Without change?
Also, I can't say I've ever seen neutral or negative reputation anywhere. And upon leaving any, I only have the positive option. Were these two done away with or something?

Simply curious about these. Thanks.

Those users left the forum willingly.  

You can give only one rep to a specific person. You can no longer give reps to posts.  The system was abused and taken away from us. The negative rep was disabled a long time ago.

TheRealCallie said:
Those users left the forum willingly.  

You can give only one rep to a specific person. You can no longer give reps to posts.  The system was abused and taken away from us. The negative rep was disabled a long time ago.

Taken away by whom?

qMuWBUi.png

LOL JK!!

Callie is right, the "unregistered" users whose name is blacked out left of their own choosing.  Those who are still blue with a line through their name have been banned.  Some of those banned users who don't have posts or very few are often spammers.  There are a lot of spammers.  They get cleaned up once in awhile. 

When the forum got updated some things changed you might notice, like how you post youtube videos, there are threads about that.

Sci-Fi said:
qMuWBUi.png

LOL JK!!

Callie is right, the "unregistered" users whose name is blacked out left of their own choosing.  Those who are still blue with a line through their name have been banned.  Some of those banned users who don't have posts or very few are often spammers.  There are a lot of spammers.  They get cleaned up once in awhile. 

When the forum got updated some things changed you might notice, like how you post youtube videos, there are threads about that.

Well, *I* probably didn't notice anything. I've literally only been here since like April of last year, so I was probably post-update.

Funny, since I've seen a lot of ancient topics with a lot of bitching about PLZ BAN ME ******** WHY WON'T YOU, yet apparently a lot of members were able to remove themselves without freaking out? Even recently to boot.

Lastly, I've noticed with embedding Youtube videos, it rarely works for me. What am I doing wrong? Was it this hard pre-update?

I have a question about the forum's creation.

I can remember back in 2005, my sister helped me to set up a forum based on the 'Resident Evil' games and movies - (I gave it up pretty quickly - I probably wasn't even on there for more than a year). She didn't contribute to herself - she was already looking after a forum of her own. I took the reigns. Those were my circumstances.

How did the 'A Lonely Life' forum come into being?

hewhowalksalone said:
I have a question about the forum's creation.

I can remember back in 2005, my sister helped me to set up a forum based on the 'Resident Evil' games and movies - (I gave it up pretty quickly - I probably wasn't even on there for more than a year).  She didn't contribute to herself - she was already looking after a forum of her own.  I took the reigns.  Those were my circumstances.

How did the 'A Lonely Life' forum come into being?

This may shed some light on the subject. lol.  There's a thread about it somewhere, but I don't feel like digging. :p

https://www.salon.com/2014/11/19/i_...ddest_thread_on_the_internet_ten_years_later/

Too bad about negative or neutral reputation. Kinda boring when it's only positive, or you can't even voice opinions about someone that might be problematic.

On a site like this one having the ability to negative rep someone isn't a very positive thing. There are a lot of people dealing with depression and getting a negative rep because someone doesn't like you doesn't help.

When did the forum devolve from active, in-depth conversations about life, introversion, the struggles of daily living, etc, into having most activity be simply forum games?

I wish I could've been here in its prime. I'm dying to get back into that, if you couldn't tell from my postings.

Latest posts

Back