From out of left field

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Anyone else discovered a new passion or lifestyle from a completely unplanned event?
Took in a Vegan show today.All the way to the event my kid was filling me in on the aspects of Veganism...animal suffering..your eating their pain...eating dead carcasses...the crap they put in your food , meat ,processed an all.
...the energy released when you follow the food plan..e.t.c ,e.t.c ,the fact that vegans are more authentic, they are more in touch with who they really are , that vegan followers just feel like different people and ofc I was following with interest. 

Started wondering around the show trying all the freebie food and was taken aback.Everything was tasty ,the cheese ,vegan ham,chocolate ,  vegan pizza , cactus water ,perkiers(a sort of sweet ) , granola in soya milk.

Then finally a sort of barbecued pulled pork called Oomph made of soya beans that was totally delicious. So here I am for 7 days going totally vegan ...my kid said I'll feel totally different and I'm a bit excited because another way to give up chocolate a bad addiction of mine.

Also two different people randomly asked us about the vegan food we were buying in the supermarket...so a way to talk to new people who  are very interested..it's all good😁

So just asking anyone else surprised by a new interest that came out of left field?

Wait, how does going vegan make you give up chocolate?

Honestly, I don't feel any different. Though, I was a vegetarian before I was vegan, so maybe that's why. Vegans aren't these magical healthy creatures, either. It won't really help you lose weight or be healthier or any of that, because there's a lot of vegan junk food out there too. It still depends on what you are eating and how much. I don't think they're more authentic either. It's one of those you are who you are and we're all individuals and all that. Depending on who the vegan is, they may just be a pompous ass. lol

Also, I TOLD YOU vegan food was good. lol (I don't eat the fake meat crap that tastes like meat. If I wanted something that tasted like meat, I would just eat the meat.)

Good luck on the 7 days though, it's not as easy as you think and make sure you read labels. I think it's easier over where you are because things like sugar aren't made with animal products.

TheRealCallie said:

Honestly, I don't feel any different.  Though, I was a vegetarian before I was vegan, so maybe that's why.  Vegans aren't these magical healthy creatures, either.  It won't really help you lose weight or be healthier or any of that, because there's a lot of vegan junk food out there too.  It still depends on what you are eating and how much.  I don't think they're more authentic either.  It's one of those you are who you are and we're all individuals and all that.  Depending on who the vegan is, they may just be a pompous ass. lol

Also, I TOLD YOU vegan food was good. lol  (I don't eat the fake meat crap that tastes like meat.  If I wanted something that tasted like meat, I would just eat the meat.)

Good luck on the 7 days though, it's not as easy as you think and make sure you read labels.  I think it's easier over where you are because things like sugar aren't made with animal products.

It's all good my kid has been vegan for four months so is going to  show me the way.Galaxy and Milk chocolate my fauvorites will be replaced with fruit...I'm determined and felt really ill and guilty after the ham laden Tesco sarnie I ate at the show ..see it's started already 😁.I did have some gooseberry and coconut dark chocolate and that was awesome too.

But I'm a novice just repeating the thoughts he had since turning vegan and obviously vegans on YouTube he has studied.Anyway off for my vegan tea with soya and vegan cheese and mushrooms on toast😉.Apparently I'm also going to end up with a healthy glow to my skin a common result of veganism so what's not to like 🤳

Joturbo said:
Anyone else discovered a new passion or lifestyle from a completely unplanned event?
Took in a Vegan show today.All the way to the event my kid was filling me in on the aspects of Veganism...animal suffering..your eating their pain...eating dead carcasses...the crap they put in your food , meat ,processed an all.
...the energy released when you follow the food plan..e.t.c ,e.t.c ,the fact that vegans are more authentic, they are more in touch with who they really are , that vegan followers just feel like different people and ofc I was following with interest. 

Started wondering around the show trying all the freebie food and was taken aback.Everything was tasty ,the cheese ,vegan ham,chocolate ,  vegan pizza , cactus water ,perkiers(a sort of sweet ) , granola in soya milk.

Then finally a sort of barbecued pulled pork called Oomph made of soya beans that was totally delicious. So here I am for 7 days going totally vegan ...my kid said I'll feel totally different and I'm a bit excited because another way to give up chocolate a bad addiction of mine.

Also two different people randomly asked us about the vegan food we were buying in the supermarket...so a way to talk to new people who  are very interested..it's all good😁

So just asking anyone else surprised by a new interest that came out of left field?

You do know you got a 100% ultra-biased opinion from one extreme, right?

You should go visit the other extreme and hear what they have to say and then judge both for yourself before deciding to blindly follow either.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Joturbo said:

You should go visit the other extreme and then hear what they have to say and then judge both for yourself before deciding to blindly follow either.

No I'm alright😉. It's my life and my choice I'll follow my son's opinion because I want to......

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

Honestly, I don't feel any different.  Though, I was a vegetarian before I was vegan, so maybe that's why.  Vegans aren't these magical healthy creatures, either.  It won't really help you lose weight or be healthier or any of that, because there's a lot of vegan junk food out there too.  It still depends on what you are eating and how much.  I don't think they're more authentic either.  It's one of those you are who you are and we're all individuals and all that.  Depending on who the vegan is, they may just be a pompous ass. lol

Also, I TOLD YOU vegan food was good. lol  (I don't eat the fake meat crap that tastes like meat.  If I wanted something that tasted like meat, I would just eat the meat.)

Good luck on the 7 days though, it's not as easy as you think and make sure you read labels.  I think it's easier over where you are because things like sugar aren't made with animal products.

It's all good my kid has been vegan for four months so is going to  show me the way.Galaxy and Milk chocolate my fauvorites will be replaced with fruit...I'm determined and felt really ill and guilty after the ham laden Tesco sarnie I ate at the show ..see it's started already 😁.I did have some gooseberry and coconut dark chocolate and that was awesome too.

But I'm a novice just repeating the thoughts he had since turning vegan and obviously vegans on YouTube he has studied.Anyway off for my vegan tea with soya and vegan cheese and mushrooms on toast😉.Apparently I'm also going to end up with a healthy glow to my skin a common result of veganism so what's not to like 🤳

Chocolate is good for you, dammit :club:

What brands of vegan cheese do you have over there?

TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

We got Violife from waitrose..and it was really good grilled and as is..

Callie apparently it effects your..you know😎.The choice of chocolate is amazing..can't wait.

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

Callie apparently it effects your..you know😎.The choice of chocolate is amazing..can't wait.

I have tried Violife.  It's not bad.  It's one of the better "cheap" brands. 
Chocolate does a lot of things.   :p

TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

I have tried Violife.  It's not bad.  It's one of the better "cheap" brands. 
Chocolate does a lot of things.   :p

Ha meant the whole vegan diet effects your🍑you know....💩

Apologise gone off topic a bit ,this wasn't how I envisaged the thread going🤭

Joturbo said:

You should go visit the other extreme and then hear what they have to say and then judge both for yourself before deciding to blindly follow either.

Man, you really need to smoke some ganja and self-reflect a little because you've come off in a such an unpleasant, condescending manner towards everyone in the time that I've seen you on here. Even if you had a point here (or not) it was unsolicited and just makes you look like "that guy."

LostintheBardo said:
Joturbo said:

Man, you really need to smoke some ganja and self-reflect a little because you've come off in a such an unpleasant, condescending manner towards everyone in the time that I've seen you on here. Even if you had a point here (or not) it was unsolicited and just makes you look like "that guy."

:rolleyes: Nice post to derail the topic just to mention this. What an upstanding fellow you are.

You know what makes forums interesting? When it's not all just an echo-chamber and we can each voice our own opinions on the matter. Funny how the OP didn't seem to mind it and even answered it on his own no problem, nor did I attack his character (see: your post), apart from state my view on the situation he posted about.

LostintheBardo said:
Joturbo said:

:rolleyes: Nice post to derail the topic just to mention this. What an upstanding fellow you are.

You know what makes forums interesting? When it's not all just an echo-chamber and we can each voice our own opinions on the matter. Funny how the OP didn't seem to mind it and even answered it on his own no problem, nor did I attack his character (see: your post), apart from state my view on the situation he posted about.
Yes dude,  anyone who calls you out for carrying yourself like a dick is trying to create an echo chamber.  What a lovely airtight fallacy to lie to yourself with. The derailment started with you. 

I read his response as telling you to fresia off in the nicest way possible. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

And you're absolutely right, I am letting you know what I think of your character or at least how you come across to me on here.

LostintheBardo said:
LostintheBardo said:
Joturbo said:

Yes dude,  anyone who calls you out for carrying yourself like a dick is trying to create an echo chamber.  What a lovely airtight fallacy to lie to yourself with. The derailment started with you. 

I read his response as telling you to fresia off in the nicest way possible. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Whoosh. Right over your head.

Replying to the topic, not disagreeing with the opinion =/= derailment
Actively calling someone out for petty reasons and not the topic at hand, leading to this nonsense tangent = derailment.

Again. Whoosh.

Regardless of what he meant, you're missing the point. He didn't cry about it like you are. If you don't like my posts, ignore me. I couldn't care less what someone like you thinks.
(And I'm done replying to you and further derailing this thread.)

Note that the thread topic was whether we'd ever stumbled upon a new passion through invitation to an event and not a debate on the pros and cons of Veganism. Hence you derailed the thread whether you like it or not.

TheRealCallie said:
SOOOOO Joturbo.  How is the veganism going?  Miss any animal products yet?

Ha ha my son beat u to it this morning and I was proud to inform im I've had my weetabix with soya,I've got me tea in a flask with apro soya  and my fake chicken sarnies..I'm lasting this one that's for sure.But what do you replace Marge with had a problem with that😉

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

Ha ha my son beat u to it this morning and I was proud to inform im I've had my weetabix with soya,I've got me tea in a flask with apro soya  and my fake chicken sarnies..I'm lasting this one that's for sure.But what do you replace Marge with had a problem with that😉

Well, I should hope he beat me too it, he should be up way before me with the time difference. :club:

By "marge" do you mean margarine or something else?  Is margarine allowed over there?  lol  Regardless of what it is, they make pretty much everything you can think of in a vegan variety.

TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

Well, I should hope he beat me too it, he should be up way before me with the time difference. :club:

By "marge" do you mean margarine or something else?  Is margarine allowed over there?  lol  Regardless of what it is, they make pretty much everything you can think of in a vegan variety.
Yea can't even have Olivio which I thought was olive oil..will have too Google want my marmalade on toast tomorrow. You've got three vegans on the forum now....

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:

Yea can't even have Olivio which I thought was olive oil..will have too Google want my marmalade on toast tomorrow. You've got three vegans on the forum now....

As I said before, you'd be surprised what has animal products.  I have to order some things because my area isn't exactly known for being vegan friendly.

Hi JoTurbo hope the vegan lifestyle is to your liking  :D certainly healthy, im mainly veggie but eat fish now and then. Didn't like soya milk at first-does smell funny but now prefer it especially on cornflakes. Vegan/vegetarian indian food is especially good as long as you make different dishes to complement each other ie a veg curry, a pulse dish,rice,nan, a indian salad,pickles, and you could make a vegan raita. 
Margarine...bleugh I remember a billboard advertising a margarine saying 'only one thing tastes like this' and next to it was an ad for duchams engine oil.... Maybe there are better marges available these days but its butter for me. 
I always keep some quorn products in the freezer-burgers,sausages etc as its convenient when you need to put something together quickly, could be a simple burger/mash/veg or a fry up.
Ebay is good for buying in spices and herbs in larger quantitys than the piddly little pots in the supermarket and works out cheaper. Hope it goes well! :D

Latest posts

Back