From out of left field

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chief broom said:
Hi JoTurbo hope the vegan lifestyle is to your liking  :D certainly healthy, im mainly veggie but eat fish now and then. Didn't like soya milk at first-does smell funny but now prefer it especially on cornflakes. Vegan/vegetarian indian food is especially good as long as you make different dishes to complement each other ie a veg curry, a pulse dish,rice,nan, a indian salad,pickles, and you could make a vegan raita. 
Margarine...bleugh I remember a billboard advertising a margarine saying 'only one thing tastes like this' and next to it was an ad for duchams engine oil.... Maybe there are better marges available these days but its butter for me. 
I always keep some quorn products in the freezer-burgers,sausages etc as its convenient when you need to put something together quickly, could be a simple burger/mash/veg or a fry up.
Ebay is good for buying in spices and herbs in larger quantitys than the piddly little pots in the supermarket and works out cheaper. Hope it goes well! :D

I use Earth Balance "butter"  It's decent, but I'm not sure what they have over where Joturbo lives. 
Indian vegan food is awesome, I must say.  If you search for vegan restaurants here, it usually gives you a lot of Thai or Indian places.  
I also prefer Cashew or Almond milk over soy.  Just tastes better.

TheRealCallie said:
Chief broom said:
Hi JoTurbo hope the vegan lifestyle is to your liking  :D certainly healthy, im mainly veggie but eat fish now and then. Didn't like soya milk at first-does smell funny but now prefer it especially on cornflakes. Vegan/vegetarian indian food is especially good as long as you make different dishes to complement each other ie a veg curry, a pulse dish,rice,nan, a indian salad,pickles, and you could make a vegan raita. 
Margarine...bleugh I remember a billboard advertising a margarine saying 'only one thing tastes like this' and next to it was an ad for duchams engine oil.... Maybe there are better marges available these days but its butter for me. 
I always keep some quorn products in the freezer-burgers,sausages etc as its convenient when you need to put something together quickly, could be a simple burger/mash/veg or a fry up.
Ebay is good for buying in spices and herbs in larger quantitys than the piddly little pots in the supermarket and works out cheaper. Hope it goes well! :D

I use Earth Balance "butter"  It's decent, but I'm not sure what they have over where Joturbo lives. 
Indian vegan food is awesome, I must say.  If you search for vegan restaurants here, it usually gives you a lot of Thai or Indian places.  

I'm not a vegan, but I use a vegan marge because it cuts out the stuff I'm not allowed to have. Pure diary free sunflower spread is about £1.50 a pot in Asda

nibbysaurus said:
TheRealCallie said:
Chief broom said:

I'm not a vegan, but I use a vegan marge because it cuts out the stuff I'm not allowed to have. Pure diary free sunflower spread is about £1.50 a pot in Asda

Thanks Chief for those tips.Certainly love mashed potatoes with peppers and onions with a melted vegan now😁 cheese topping so going to bulk up on that.Must admit was a weird smell emitting from me today lol not sure why maybe new diet.Also felt very dodgy and had gut ache from ten ,felt weaker than normal not good doing a manual type job .

Thanks Nibbysaurus going to sort that Marge but will do without for now.Its tough found can't eat gluten"spagetti" my fauvorite from a can is a no go..but determined thinking about why I'm doing this it's 100% worth it.

Latest posts

Back