Hello... from Germany

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Pixel

Reaction score
I live in Germany, I'm male, introvert(I rather try to find friends across the globe on the internet then trying to make meaningful relationships in school due to my social skills (I'm not even giving a lot of personal information about myself in this introduction)) and I'm 15 years old, so well under the forum average, but I hope I'm not alone with my age.

I spent most of my free time on creating videos and making video games, so I can have my own business one day. My other hobbies include programming(C#), graphic design(vector graphics, pixel art), (especially computer) science, hardware and learning French. I also try to exercise daily and stick to a healthy diet. My favorite music artists are Porter Robinson, Madeon, and Daft Punk. I would love to find people with similar interests on this forum so we could learn from each other (and not to be alone obviously).

Since this is a forum about loneliness, I bet this heart-warming story could help: 

You're extremely well spoken for 15 to me (way more than I ever was), so I'm sure you can meet friends here. Maybe around the same age or older, but I don't think age matters too much with new friends. Don't fret that too much.
Just find and post in topics you like and don't be afraid to talk to people! You have plenty of time to go about things, so no need to rush!

Welcome!

Your profile was also pretty **** cool, so much so I honestly can't even believe you are just 15. You seem like you're 10+ at least, with how put together you are.
Guess the Germany school systems really have it figured out!

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
You're extremely well spoken for 15 to me (way more than I ever was), so I'm sure you can meet friends here. Maybe around the same age or older, but I don't think age matters too much with new friends. Don't fret that too much.
Just find and post in topics you like and don't be afraid to talk to people! You have plenty of time to go about things, so no need to rush!

Welcome!

Your profile was also pretty **** cool, so much so I honestly can't even believe you are just 15. You seem like you're 10+ at least, with how put together you are.
Guess the Germany school systems really have it figured out!

Our school system Isn't that great though. Other countries like Finland have better systems. If you compare it with other countries Germany is on place 13 on the PISA-studies(out of 72). But our school system is mostly based on the Prussian school system, which should teach primarily discipline, 100 years ago, the U.S. school system is also mostly based on it. At least you don't have as much pressure as you have in the Korean school system for example. But these systems are all outdated today. I love learning but I don't like school. I can't learn about my interests or on my own speed. I couldn't learn computer science in school but I learned quite a lot on the internet though. But somehow my grades are pretty good my average grade is 1.9 (1 best, 6 worst). You have to choose between Latin or French if you aim for a good degree. Somehow I ended up choosing Latin over French and I regret this choice soo much. But at least I can learn French now in my own way and not in school. (School isn't good at teaching languages, there are way more effective methods and I want to test them with French). My English is good because I spent soo much time alone on the internet and there is just so much more in English than in German. At least over 50% of what I do on the internet is in English. In conclusion, the German school system isn't that great but still a bit better than most other school systems.

You're one of the youngest on this forum Dr_Pixel and I'm one of the oldest.
What I wish someone told me (and that I'd believed it) is, Don't waste your time.....we don't have as much we think. The years add up quickly.
And I agree with ENS, you seem to be pretty sharp for 15.

You wouldn't be looking for any music for any of these video games would you? I'm trying to make a career out of composing music for video games and need to build more of a portfolio so could maybe help out if you're open to it? So far I've focused on horror and fantasy RPG music. Let me know if you'd like to hear some of my stuff.

Oh, and welcome!

@constant stranger I'm already trying to not waste my time. But sometimes you just forget how valuable every second is, then you have to remind yourself of this.

@LostintheBardo It would be awesome to hear some of your music. But I started working on a new video game because the game I was working on would probably take me a few years to finish and I wasn't happy with everything. Also, I'm trying to finish my next video and then work on my new game for a few weeks and then make a new video again and so on. So I don't know exactly what music I'm looking for but RPG music could fit. I will surely ask you for music when I know what I'm exactly looking for.

I forgot to mention that I'm also investing my money in the stock market long-term. So I get a nice growing passive income.

Latest posts

Back