Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism: Dark skinned people are frowned upon and not the other way around.
Its because most people are afraid of the dark. What do you think?
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
I'm thinking you make me roll my eyes so much, I'm starting to get dizzy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Out of curiosity, are you white? If so, that's probably why. Every race is frowned upon by at least one other race. I think "black" people get so much hate in America stemming from the slavery days. If you are talking about other races, I think it's a fear of being different and stereotypes generating from generation after generation of hatred and fear being passed down.

People are people, doesn't matter what they look like on the outside. There are "monsters" in every race, no one should be judged on what they can't control.

(03-12-2019, 06:14 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: I'm thinking you make me roll my eyes so much, I'm starting to get dizzy.

You know, since you tell others, I'm pretty sure you know there's a damn ignore feature.  No reason to get all uppity about shit.  Ignore him if you don't like what he posts.  It's quite simple really.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
Im brown.
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
(03-12-2019, 06:17 AM)Azariah Wrote: Im brown.

Dammit, that's what I meant to write.  I meant to ask if you were dark skinned.  I think it's easier to see the injustices of a certain race if you are a part of that race.

(03-12-2019, 06:14 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: I'm thinking you make me roll my eyes so much, I'm starting to get dizzy.

Like a cartoonish entity?

So the Angel said: 'Thy phantasy has imposed upon me
& thou oughtest to be ashamed.'
I answer'd: 'We impose on one another ,
& it is but lost time to converse with you
whose works are only Analytics.'

Opposition is True Friendship
(03-12-2019, 06:14 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: You know, since you tell others, I'm pretty sure you know there's a damn ignore feature.  No reason to get all uppity about shit.  Ignore him if you don't like what he posts.  It's quite simple really.

My post was not animosity. This guy doesn't irritate me to that point; I don't agree with a lot of his points, and this topic seemed batshit crazy, so I posted an appropriate response.
This hardly seemed like a serious topic and it didn't seem he took the response in any sort of negative way either.

You can disagree with people and not hate them; believe me, it becomes apparent when I actively dislike someone to want to ignore them. This guy isn't it.
(03-12-2019, 06:25 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: it didn't seem he took the response in any sort of negative way either.

So wait, you are saying that if someone doesn't say anything to your uppity comments, that means they are perfectly fine with them? 

Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people aren't big fans of confrontations? ESPECIALLY on a site like this?  No, probably not, since you seem to have all the answers...for everyone.

(03-12-2019, 07:04 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:25 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: it didn't seem he took the response in any sort of negative way either.

So wait, you are saying that if someone doesn't say anything to your uppity comments, that means they are perfectly fine with them? 

Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people aren't big fans of confrontations? ESPECIALLY on a site like this?  No, probably not, since you seem to have all the answers...for everyone.

It's hilarious how much you project sometimes.

Right. He didn't even acknowledge it. Almost like my opinion was valid enough to be included, whether or not he agreed or disagreed with it, instead of whining that wah someone disagrees with him, aggressively or not.
I know words alone really suck at conveying emotion, but if I'm really pissed or condescending to someone, you'll know it without a doubt. Otherwise it's just voicing my opinions, which might be too strong for some, fine, don't agree or whatever; I don't mind, but don't assume that it's for touting my superiority above anyone or anything else that isn't there.
That's what riles me more than anything else: rather than being able to just have discussions or debates, people take any dissenting voice as something negative, aggressive or the like, because I guess forums have essentially degraded into echo-chambers everywhere.

If you can't handle a discussion about something, don't read the topic, ignore the people you don't care to read in them, or don't make them to begin with.
I'm not mad someone disagrees with me, I'm mad that I can't seem to voice my own opinion because wah, I might 'upset' someone, even though my approach is as mild as it gets, yet it's apparently STILL too much. To put simply disagreeing or voicing an unpopular opinion on par with actually attacking someone, insulting them, and the like... then why do communities even exist in the first place? As echo-chambers to just coddle people and nothing else? Sorry, that's not for me. That's not what I came here for.

If someone is actually that emotionally fragile, they really shouldn't be in any social situation at all, online or not.

But fine:
Azariah, if my dastardly sarcastic comment upset you to such a level, then you have my apologies for it. Sorry for misinterpreting your borderline silly topic you started off with a bad joke. Club
I've worked with a handful of really awesome dark skinned dudes. One guy was a tattoo artist from Miami, one's a comic book artist, another guy has his hands full in music and rap, and one's a multi-instrumentalist. I'm a musician, so it's easy for me to meet people through music. Anyway, race has never been a factor or issue to me. But yes, you're right. Dark skinned people do still get frowned upon JUST for being dark skinned. That means nothing to me personally obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have the friends that I have. But I'm also from the heart of the Bible Belt in the U.S. so there's a lot of racism down here still, a whole lot of it.
"Of Fire in Nature, Love in Spirit unkenned,
Life, hath no axle, no spring, and no End"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are people nicer to you online than in the real world? TheHydromancer 129 29,991 Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Nicolelt
  Why do poor people get only what's left? African_weasel 47 9,805 06-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
test So, You Have People Trying to Murder You - Who Do You Call for Help? AlertChristians 4 513 05-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
Cool Reasons Why Some People are So Thin and Twiggy Narrow AlertChristians 7 522 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  People are Being Attacked by Those with Supernatural Abilities or by Demons AlertChristians 105 1,979 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Lonely Old People 9006 18 11,766 06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Serephina
  Illuminati vs The People (Freemason Capstone Osiris Archangel Michael) Zion Matrix Phaedron 1 2,589 10-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Art Bell - The Shadow People Phaedron 11 6,461 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  I'm wondering if people thinks video game is art. deerhooves 8 3,078 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Explaining gay people to kids Felix 47 9,350 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse