Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism: Dark skinned people are frowned upon and not the other way around.
I imagine that the majority of people who encounter racism just roll their eyes and think 'whatever'.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
(03-12-2019, 11:49 PM)hewhowalksalone Wrote: I imagine that the majority of people who encounter racism just roll their eyes and think 'whatever'.

It’s not really that, it’s that most of us are tired of fighting, there’s really no point. You can’t change people’s minds.
We could be heroes, me and you...
But you can influence them Smile
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
(03-12-2019, 06:09 AM)Azariah Wrote: Its because most people are afraid of the dark. What do you think?

From my experience, it all depends on whatever the minority is and where you're at. I strongly disagree, Racism has and always will go every which way sadly. Even during times when politics didn't exist. People naturally trusted their own. Ancient Tribes, and Medieval inbreeding come to mind. It's ALL conditioning and/or being influenced by those around you. And for the most part, nowadays it's social media and television that divides all the races.

Now, why do I say this? I was often called "white boi", not my name. Sometimes even "Wigga" for simply having many black friends. I was born and raised in a low poverty ghetto Brooklyn neighborhood for 30+ years. And I'm extremely grateful for it actually as I feel I've got a different perspective on people because of it. If you don't let the hate flow, it can breed open-mindedness imo.

I rarely express or say such things because the other side of the coin is taboo. It quickly just becomes a victim competition....

i.e. ; I've been mistaken for a cop many times simply because I didn't let color get to me and took public transportation, etc on an every day basis. I've had people stay away from me on the bus as I sat in the back, changed subway cars to avoid me, been racially slurred numerous times, and even had one lady harass me saying I'm "abusing my power". I forgive them and don't let it get to me because I understand where it's coming from simply because I'm going through it too in my own way.

I don't want to make it seem all bad. I did meet some amazing people as well who saw the bigger picture, one of which was a lovely man who dubbed me, "Black Irish" lmao. The rare instance of feeling included, finally.

It's all about conditioning and where you're at. And I am in NO WAY de-valuing or claiming that it doesn't exist the other way around. It very much does! I've witnessed that personally and stood up for friends in the past. Sadly, I will admit, it was rare to have a neighborhood friend stand up for me. It's almost as if it de-values them if they did. That's where racial pride comes into play.

Pride is a large factor in racism in my opinion. It breeds White supremacy, Afrocentrism, etc. Confirmation bias makes one purely focus on the good things that make their race superior and feeds off it. Rather than just take the higher road and say we're all HUMAN. Pride is great so long as you don't let it pass that threshold of thinking you're BETTER than any other race. Then congrats, you've just become what you hate.

It's human nature for everyone to want to play the victim or blame a higher presence for their misfortune, even if it's true or not. Especially when they are down in the dumps and feel like the world won't let them get anywhere because of their color.

Every race is frowned upon. Just some more than others, sadly. It just depends on who and where.
Thanks Siku. That was well thought of.
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
Poptarts. That's what I mostly frown upon.
That's an affront to the entire name of "Breakfast".
I’ve got some thoughts to offer on the subject of racism. What I’m going to say applies mostly to America, but also to western civilization in general. Since we’re talking about race, which is already a controversial topic bound to offend some, I hope you don’t mind if I go ahead and just lay it all out there unabashedly.

So, there is this narrative we’ve all been taught in America going back generations. It is so ingrained into American society at this point that it is palpable. This narrative holds that black folks (and other racial groups perceived as beleaguered minorities) are this poor, oppressed, downtrodden proletariat who just can’t catch a break in this world because of whitey and his “white privilege”. Some may not necessarily carry it to this extreme, but let’s be honest, this is essentially the narrative that has been pushed in our society if you take it to its logical conclusion.

Now, while I believe that this narrative has done TREMENDOUS harm to the black community by treating them essentially like helpless dependents incapable of their own agency and personal-responsibility and always needing big brother to take care of them, the group most egregiously harmed by this narrative is actually white people believe it or not.

Think about this for a second. Slavery, apartheid, and jim crow are all tools used in this day and age to subdue and condemn whites, and to remove them of all ability to stand up for themselves. It is a way of depriving them of their voice and power to defend themselves. Whites are taught from their youth that they are the descendants of hateful colonizers and oppressors, and are essentially taught to hate themselves and their ancestors, or at the very least, that the history of their people is one they should be ashamed of, and should therefore walk under a cloud of eternal guilt and shame for being who they are. As a result, whites have been robbed of any ability to embrace their own identity and heritage, and of any hope in preserving their own culture or having self-determination as a people. Whites cannot even defend themselves in a way that upholds their identity lest they be labeled “racist”, or even “white supremacist”. The standard that has been set by this narrative is a double one, and anyone with a modicum of reason and honesty can see it. The funny thing is that it was white culture that was the first to unilaterally reverse itself, end slavery in its society, then proceed to make the people they oppressed their equals within their legal statutes. Most people are ignorant of the facts regarding global slavery and it’s history, and how America’s slavery compares to that of other cultures. America treats its minorities like royalty compared to other cultures, and it’s not even comparable. But of course, we are deliberately sold the wrong end of that stick too. But I digress...

This narrative that whites are the ones with the privilege is actually a clever deception. It turns out that being a majority in a society as egalitarian as America gives you the opposite of privilege. It actually deprives you of all the privileges enjoyed by the proletariat racial minorities. There is no greater privilege in western society than being part of a perceived victim class and being able to utilize that victim card. You can ascend any heirarchy with relative ease regardless of merit, and say virtually any taboo or racist thing you want publicly and unabashedly without receiving flack for it, and often being lauded for it. Case-in-point, the famous black film producer Jordan Peele recently stated publicly that he “would never cast a white dude in a leading role in his movies”. Imagine if that shoe were on the other foot. Imagine the crucifixion that would take place if a white man had made the equivalent statement about a black person. Run that through your head for a while. Try to figure out where whites actually have privilege in America and black/brown people don’t. For every piss-poor example you can think of, I can show you where you’re wrong and stupid for thinking it. I can think of numerous other examples just in this past year wherein whites were systemically and publically subjected to hate and ridicule for being white, and wherein blacks perpetrated hate upon whites that went completely exonerated.

As a result of this nefarious zeitgeist that has permeated American life, whites are now quickly becoming the minority in the country their ancestors founded. Feminism has been used to pit white men against white women, to emasculate white men and hinder their success in finding partners, and to break apart the white American nuclear family. White men are the whipping boy for scorn in nearly all vecotrs of public life including most notoriously the American university campus. This, of course, is due to the fact that they score the lowest on intersectional victim points.

As a result of all of these deliberate attacks on white America, whites have begun to decline in population with birth rates below replacement numbers, and immigrants replacing them. And because of this clever narrative that dominates American society, whites have had their voices shunned, and have been made helpless to speak up on their own behalf, or to do anything about their situation.

Within 3 decades, whites will be the minority in America if current demographic trends continue. This is actually a travesty of unimaginable proportions, because without a white-European majority, there is NO western civilization. I will repeat that; there is NO western civilization without the white, western man. Western civilization and all of its wonderful ideas and philosophies is an invention of white European culture, from the Greek and Enlightenment philosophers to British Common Law tradition to the Constitution. I’m sorry, but western society is not a bunch of black and brown people. It just isn’t. It is not their culture, and it is painfully obviously to anyone with half a brain and a functioning occipital cortex that black/brown people are incapable of upholding western values and society in the way that white Eurpoeans do. It is simply not their culture, and is not ingrained into them. Once whites drop below minority status, the west will effectively transform into the third world. You can hate me until the cows come home for saying this, but I’m only stating truths that are out there in the open for any honest observing eye to behold. This is simply the way it is, and it’s just that simple.

So to conclude my diatribe here, I don’t hate anyone, but the truth is the truth. We constantly hear complaining from black/brown people in America about how they are stigmatized, but never an admission that they may bear some responsibility in upholding that stigma. I’ve personally tried to have conversations with black people on this very topic, but I cannot get most of them to speak in complete sentences (or even complete words for that matter), let alone engage in honest, analytical discussion. If we cannot identify problems and their roots, we are lost and helpless. This is why I fear the day when the white western race becomes a minority in America. It simply CANNOT be western civilization without them.
I commend your civility in expressing your position, but I think you have spent a bit too much time in certain corners of the internet and in your head, to say the least. Suffice to say that your rationalization of society being at fault, let alone having been constructed to prevent your personal success is not uncommon and certainly not limited to you as a white person. I reject concepts such as hereditary guilt and privilege but you have gone far past a mere rejection of these. I know your lengthy post and its repeated assertions of it "just being honest" will spark a debate, possibly intentionally, including a looming reaction on your part that just waits to dismiss combative responses from "those who just can't accept the truth". This is also not unique to your perspective. I think you might have reached a dead end though and it's only gonna take you further down the rabbit hole.

I'd l like to discuss what you said in detail, although I'd prefer to do it privately in a more casual manner. Consider this an offer for conversation - not debate. I consider this more helpful for someone with your mindset and I'll give you the benefit of doubt for not just being a "troll".
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]
(04-09-2019, 04:59 AM)Rodent Wrote: I commend your civility in expressing your position, but I think you have spent a bit too much time in certain corners of the internet and in your head, to say the least. Suffice to say that your rationalization of society being at fault, let alone having been constructed to prevent your personal success is not uncommon and certainly not limited to you as a white person. I reject concepts such as hereditary guilt and privilege but you have gone far past a mere rejection of these. I know your lengthy post and its repeated assertions of it "just being honest" will spark a debate, possibly intentionally, including a looming reaction on your part that just waits to dismiss combative responses from "those who just can't accept the truth". This is also not unique to your perspective. I think you might have reached a dead end though and it's only gonna take you further down the rabbit hole.

I'd l like to discuss what you said in detail, although I'd prefer to do it privately in a more casual manner. Consider this an offer for conversation - not debate. I consider this more helpful for someone with your mindset and I'll give you the benefit of doubt for not just being a "troll".

Hit me up any time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
test So, You Have People Trying to Murder You - Who Do You Call for Help? AlertChristians 4 218 05-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Why do poor people get only what's left? African_weasel 40 8,107 04-30-2019, 04:40 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
Cool Reasons Why Some People are So Thin and Twiggy Narrow AlertChristians 7 246 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
  People are Being Attacked by Those with Supernatural Abilities or by Demons AlertChristians 105 571 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
  Are people nicer to you online than in the real world? TheHydromancer 122 27,495 01-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Lonely Old People 9006 18 11,335 06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Serephina
  Illuminati vs The People (Freemason Capstone Osiris Archangel Michael) Zion Matrix Phaedron 1 2,412 10-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Art Bell - The Shadow People Phaedron 11 6,238 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  I'm wondering if people thinks video game is art. deerhooves 8 2,916 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Explaining gay people to kids Felix 47 8,924 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse