Hello There, New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindness35

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! 

I am new to this Forum. I am found this forum in my search online about loneliness. I am 35 year old female and I live North Carolina, USA.  I do not have horrible life but I am very introverted and have a hard time understanding  people. I hard time interacting with people. I am not sure if I like people altogether because I like being alone just not being lonely. 

I have a family but I leave in two different worlds. One world is in my head where everything is how I like it to be. Where all my interactions are perfect. My conversations and relationships all end up like I want them to be. I make things happen in my head and not reality, but the realization that these positive interactions are only in my head is where the loneliness comes from. It really is not that I am surround by bad people, they are good in their own way. I just can not communicate my needs and want in a way people in my life understand. When I do talk I am never really sure if they are even listening or anyone is listening. I am not perfect and am flawed but I like that about myself. I attracted to that uniqueness and imperfections of others, I am drawn to it. 

Well I guess that is my introduction.

It is challenging to understand others because everyone is different! If you share a common interest, then it is easier to get to know someone.  Have you ever tried joining a club? Volunteering is a great way to get involved in a project. I hope you can find some structured activities so you feel more comfortable around other people.

Welcome ! 
I find myself in a very similar situation to yours.. 
I lead a decent professional life and most of my colleagues think well of me, I guess  :D 
But I cannot connect emotionally with any of them ; it feels like I am from a different world..
my social life is a complete mess and I barely talk to ppl irl my profession.

Kindness35 said:
Hello Everyone! 

I am new to this Forum. I am found this forum in my search online about loneliness. I am 35 year old female and I live North Carolina, USA.  I do not have horrible life but I am very introverted and have a hard time understanding  people. I hard time interacting with people. I am not sure if I like people altogether because I like being alone just not being lonely. 

I have a family but I leave in two different worlds. One world is in my head where everything is how I like it to be. Where all my interactions are perfect. My conversations and relationships all end up like I want them to be. I make things happen in my head and not reality, but the realization that these positive interactions are only in my head is where the loneliness comes from. It really is not that I am surround by bad people, they are good in their own way. I just can not communicate my needs and want in a way people in my life understand. When I do talk I am never really sure if they are even listening or anyone is listening. I am not perfect and am flawed but I like that about myself. I attracted to that uniqueness and imperfections of others, I am drawn to it. 

Well I guess that is my introduction.

Hello and welcome im also like you and new as well and just starting to find myself and feel good about being around others but still enjoy to much time alone. Im Brad 58 male form Canada and hope you have a great day as well.

Latest posts

Back