How to survive if your not pretty and awkward????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nothing1998

Reaction score
Hi im 20 almost 21,well i have this problem for most of my life im not pretty and im very social awkward 
im so short as a grown up girl(only 5'3 )and im very skinny only(91 pounds) i dealt with ocd and anorexic from a very young age and about 5 years ago i was diagnosed with red irritation(Ulcera)so its too hard to gain weight and the problem is im 32A and i hate it 
and well my face is average but i hate it overall :club:
My bigger broblem is whenever i go poeple always point out my flaws to me for example i was talking to this girl and i always have a smile while im talking but she said "your so short"
Or the other day i was talking to this girl and she point out my small boobs 
This happens way too much that i dont like to talk to anyone anymore and i dont know how to say good comebacks(i guess thats because im so retarded/dipshit)
Im so shy and introverted btw which is another problem for example i blush too much while talking 
and im quite most of time

Again, stop applying others' view of beauty to yourself.

Not everyone thinks the same way as them and there are people out there who would like you the way you are normally and even like features you might think are ugly.

If these people you have nothing in common with are the ones one in your life right now, then I would seriously start trying to find different people who you do get along with, be it online or off, because these people don't do you any favors and put weird ideas in your head.

It'll take effort, but it's better than being stagnant the way you are now. You've got to change your attitude about being so pessimistic too, otherwise trying to accomplish this is going to be even more fruitless and difficult.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:

Not everyone thinks the same way as them and there are people out there who would like you the way you are normally and even like features you might think are ugly.

If these people you have nothing in common with are the ones one in your life right now, then I would seriously start trying to find different people who you do get along with, be it online or off, because these people don't do you any favors and put weird ideas in your head.

It'll take effort, but it's better than being stagnant the way you are now. You've got to change your attitude about being so pessimistic too, otherwise trying to accomplish this is going to be even more fruitless and difficult.

Well they are right i accepted the fact that my body is ugly and no guy would want a pettite, flat chested girl unless shes very pretty or is very interesting/funny which in my case im not
But i wanna work to gain money and do real good plastic surgery but as you said im stagnant thats my problem 
I want to feel free of this feeling of ugliness and social awkwardness so i can consentrate on my work
But i cant

nothing1998 said:

Well they are right i accepted the fact that my body is ugly and no guy would want a pettite, flat chested girl unless shes very pretty or is very interesting/funny which in my case im not
But i wanna work to gain money and do real good plastic surgery but as you said im stagnant thats my problem 
I want to feel free of this feeling of ugliness and social awkwardness so i can consentrate on my work
But i cant

You're completely warping my point. You put way too much stake in others' opinions and you assume everyone else does too. That's your first problem.

You should and can find someone who likes you for who you are already without change if you change your attitude about it. Stop thinking it's impossible, first off and go for it. I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing to you before you get it.

You're only trapped because you let yourself be. And you like to cling to these miracle cures for your only optimism, like plastic surgery, which is definitely not helping you.

There is no big all end all magic cure. What if you had plastic surgery and the same things continue to happen? You'd be surprised at how little looks actually matter to most people.
You're better off fixing your mindset and improving yourself as a person than your looks.

And if you did find someone afterwards, then congrats, you found someone who judges you solely on your looks, which never last no matter how much money you have, and nothing past that. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts, if it goes beyond anything superficially brief at all.

actually im not very smart in finding new people they are usually bully or abusers i dont know why i always find this kind of people

Sorry bout ur ocd and ana and ulcera. I had ana as a teen.
Those people r rude bullies. Anyone with a brain wouldn't tell u ur short with small boobs when ur trying to have a decent conversation with them. . They r not worth ur time.Also there is nothing wrong with being short and having small boobs.
I'm also 32a . It's not a big deal. I like how most shirts look fine with no bra. . So there's a good thing. Being short is not bad. Most women r not tall anyway.
I hate my face too.There's too much pressure to look a certain way. I feel ur pain. Except i'm below average and I would be thrilled 2 be average.
It's hard to survive not be considered pretty and being awkward. I have social phobia so talking 2 people is really difficult too! Ur not alone. Wish I could be more helpful.

nothing1998 said:

But i cant

You're completely warping my point. You put way too much stake in others' opinions and you assume everyone else does too. That's your first problem.

You should and can find someone who likes you for who you are already without change if you change your attitude about it. Stop thinking it's impossible, first off and go for it. I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing to you before you get it.

You're only trapped because you let yourself be. And you like to cling to these miracle cures for your only optimism, like plastic surgery, which is definitely not helping you.

There is no big all end all magic cure. What if you had plastic surgery and the same things continue to happen? You'd be surprised at how little looks actually matter to most people.
You're better off fixing your mindset and improving yourself as a person than your looks.

And if you did find someone afterwards, then congrats, you found someone who judges you solely on your looks, which never last no matter how much money you have, and nothing past that. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts, if it goes beyond anything superficially brief at all.

I guess thats true i need to fix my personality i wish you people could know me like 5 years ago i was so vibrant so talkative so funny so warm so friendly all the time but now im just the opposite my high school friends dont even know me it was before i hit deppresion which ruined my life 
Nowadays im afraid to laugh and be happy people bully me all the time for my looks 
So my happiness turns into sorrow and thats so bad
But i cant be bubbly and funny like my past and i dont even want to i remember that during that time i was hurted,bullied the most for my looks 

yes you are right maybe after plastic surgery i would attract the wrong people but its better than not attracting any people at all and die alone 
Its better than being undesirable unwanted one out there 
Its so hard when you know some body you like will reject you because you dont have a hot curvy body 
and the bigger problem is i dont have a attractive  personality at all 
Unfortunately all people around me only care about looks and there is too much pressure on me 
90 percent of my depression is because of my looks 
Yes im a immature and superficial person but other people force me to be like this

nothing1998 said:
nothing1998 said:

But i cant

I guess thats true i need to fix my personality i wish you people could know me like 5 years ago i was so vibrant so talkative so funny so warm so friendly all the time but now im just the opposite my high school friends dont even know me it was before i hit deppresion which ruined my life 
Nowadays im afraid to laugh and be happy people bully me all the time for my looks 
So my happiness turns into sorrow and thats so bad
But i cant be bubbly and funny like my past and i dont even want to i remember that during that time i was hurted,bullied the most for my looks 

yes you are right maybe after plastic surgery i would attract the wrong people but its better than not attracting any people at all and die alone 
Its better than being undesirable unwanted one out there 
Its so hard when you know some body you like will reject you because you dont have a hot curvy body 
and the bigger problem is i dont have a attractive  personality at all 
Unfortunately all people around me only care about looks and there is too much pressure on me 
90 percent of my depression is because of my looks 
Yes im a immature and superfacial person but other people force me to be like this

Jadedness will go away when you start replacing the people in your life currently with ones you actually click with, the same way these sucked the life out of you.

Don't dwell on it, definitely don't succumb to their pressures or do anything out of desperation, just keep moving forward and go to places you would go to yourself and meet people there.
Like here. You'll make friends if you ease up on the pessimism and that'll be a good first start. And don't stop there; keep going, before long you'll realize how petty the things that bother you now are and you'll be able to find what you wanted in friends, maybe even a partner, etc, and you can go back to feeling like how you used to.

So by registering, you did already take that first step on your own, so just keep going. I speak from experience; that's all you really need to keep doing. The rest will fall into place if you let it.

Latest posts

Back