The General Art Appreciation Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncolaVacui

Reaction score
Post pics and discuss art here that you like of any style and time period.
Paintings, graphics design, CGI, abstract, classical, album art, photographs, local art, etc.

I'll start:

Since I was a child, I've always loved Van Gogh's Starry Night.
Many of Van Gogh's paintings I find to leave me in a wondrous daze, I was first introduced to his work when I was in grade school by seeing a print of Starry Night. Some years later, I found a passion in his Sunflowers painting. My love for Starry Night returned again some years later when I was dating a girl whom had a Starry Night guitar strap, and then later again when I actually got to see Starry Night in person in the Louvre on display. It's much larger a canvas than I thought, making the detail work that much more inspiring to me as a creative person.

3472221-1.jpg

IncolaVacui said:
Post pics and discuss art here that you like of any style and time period.
Paintings, graphics design, CGI, abstract, classical, album art, photographs, local art, etc.

I'll start:

Since I was a child, I've always loved Van Gogh's Starry Night.
Many of Van Gogh's paintings I find to leave me in a wondrous daze, I was first introduced to his work when I was in grade school by seeing a print of Starry Night. Some years later, I found a passion in his Sunflowers painting. My love for Starry Night returned again some years later when I was dating a girl whom had a Starry Night guitar strap, and then later again when I actually got to see Starry Night in person in the Louvre on display. It's much larger a canvas than I thought, making the detail work that much more inspiring to me as a creative person.

Although I don't have much to share at this time, I couldn't help but reply because I too share the love for this painting. Always have to some degree. However, after finding out about the man instead of the painting I found myself appreciating this immensely! It's absolutely heart breaking and yet amazingly beautiful that such a man could turn sides from severe turmoil and mental anguish into ecstatic visions and beauty.

This branched off into my other loves, Doctor Who. Which they did an amazing and lovely episode (in my opinion, it's a hit and miss with some) about Vincent.
I also highly recommend the movie "Loving Vincent" if interested. :)

Oh and my entire bathroom is Starry Night themed. :D

Latest posts

Back