Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do you believe in Guardian Angels.
I was talking about this today to someone and they believed as I do that they do exist because of experiences they had during their life.l have had a couple of really strange incidents where I thought someone was definitely watching over me.The one that really clinched it for me though was about ten years ago when I was about to cross a fast road that I had crossed many times before.
I looked as usual to my right and was positive the road was clear.As I started to cross I felt a real presence something I just can't describe stop me dead in my tracks and I paused but didn't look right again.I just had this weird feeling that a weight was holding me back.

Literally a moment later a truck flashed past my face so close it felt like inches and I just stood there in shock.Safe to say I always look twice now on that road.

Anyone else had an experience or maybe actually seen an angel or just felt someone is there looking over you?
Nope. I don't believe in such things, and I personally don't like it when things like this get credit instead of someone's own luck, skill, will, wit, etc.

I think such notions devalue the human spirit entirely, which is the real source of strength.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-21-2019, 05:05 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: Nope. I don't believe in such things, and I personally don't like it when things like this get credit instead of someone's own luck, skill, will, wit, etc.

I think such notions devalue the human spirit entirely, which is the real source of strength.

Thank you for your response .Does anyone else have any experience of or believe in Guardian Angels?
No I have no personal experience but my ex was a firm believer and told me of 3 occasions when something happened to him which could in no way have been caused by anything 'earthly'
(03-21-2019, 05:46 AM)Jently Wrote: No I have no personal experience but my ex was a firm believer and told me of 3 occasions when something happened to him which could in no way have been caused by anything 'earthly'

Jently please expand love to hear of any experiences...
Ok, just one. He was a recovering alcoholic who was in a bad place and close to drinking again, had been struggling for a few days, and one evening a book literally jumped off the bookshelf and landed at his feet open on - you guessed it - the Serenity prayer.

It got him through and he's been dry for several years now. He swore at the time he had a guardian angel looking out for him. I remain open minded about them because of this and the others which i'd better not tell here, but something made that book fly off the shelf. Strange eh?
(03-21-2019, 07:02 AM)Jently Wrote: Ok, just one.  He was a recovering alcoholic who was in a bad place and close to drinking again, had been struggling for a few days, and one evening a book literally jumped off the bookshelf and landed at his feet open on - you guessed it - the Serenity prayer.

It got him through and he's been dry for several years now. He swore at the time he had a guardian angel looking out for him. I remain open minded about them because of this and the others which i'd better not tell here, but something made that book fly off the shelf. Strange eh?

Thanks for sharing that really does make you think.My friend told about the Cokeville school hostages in America when children reported seeing angels above their heads one beconing them to move close to the window to move away from danger.
(03-21-2019, 07:02 AM)Jently Wrote: Ok, just one.  He was a recovering alcoholic who was in a bad place and close to drinking again, had been struggling for a few days, and one evening a book literally jumped off the bookshelf and landed at his feet open on - you guessed it - the Serenity prayer.

That really doesn't live up to your explanation of "couldn't possibly be described with earthly reason". It's a stretch and a lucky coincidence at best, or a sensationalized story if you didn't actually witness it personally.

I'm glad it helped him, but I just see someone applying meaning or stretching a coincidence to fit in with his set worldview more than anything out of the ordinary. Very common.

Do you know how many similar stories from my own life I could spin the same way to give credit to a guardian angel if I wanted?

Some girl was tricking me into loving her last year in front of a whole forum. And she put up with the facade for weeks and could've waited until Valentine's Day in February for me to do something romantic and then really drop me even harder and even possibly ruin my life.
She didn't, and instead her own idiot friend wound up TELLING ME HIMSELF of their plan under the guise of helping out..... for literally no reason. It only tipped me off and prevented their end goal. And she approved it.

So, that was lucky... now, I could say "Wow, my guardian angel really stepped in to save me there! Thank goodness he scrambled their minds!" Or the more realistic approach of "I was simply dealing with absolute idiots who stumbled into a good ploy and shot themselves in the foot."
Sorry, I'll go with the latter.

Everyone's lives have dumb lucky coincidences like that; it doesn't mean it's divine intervention.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Anyone else heard of or experienced what could be a guardian Angel?
I believe in Guardian Angels.
I won't expand on that, but I will say that's what faith and belief is all about. It's not about seeing tangible proof, it's about what you believe and there's nothing wrong with believing in things like this. For those who won't post because they are afraid of being bashed for believing in them, don't ever let anyone convince you or make you feel bad for believing, for having faith. It is your right to believe what you want and NO ONE should make you feel bad or try to reason with it that it's fake just because they don't agree.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They're Angels...Until You See Them Behind The Steering Wheel roundasapenguin 15 1,969 01-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Bluey