Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people know that I am a loner?
(04-07-2019, 12:32 AM)redbeard 44 Wrote: I often wonder if people know or not.  I mean they all know I'm divorced with no kids and live alone.  They might think I have friends because I talk about fantasy football and can be engaging and sunny at work at times, but there are times when I sit in my cubicle all day and no one says a word to me, like they know.  What they don't know is that my weekends are 2 days of desperately trying to kill time until work Monday morning.  Yes, I actually look forward to Monday mornings because at least I'll be around someone who at least knows my name.  They don't know I have a routine M-F after work that keeps me occupied enough to not dwell on the silence.  That's the worst part about loneliness, the silence.  They might think I'm a loner, but they'll never know what that entails.

You still lived a better life than me.

You got the chance to experience marriage.
I have nothing.

I never had a friend in my whole entire life. My social skills sucks, I don't know typical social norms, and I am naive.

This is just an assumption. I assume because of my social skills people know that I am a loser.
Being a loner isn't bad. A lot of really good intelligent people past and present are loners. Some people will attach a negative to it but many more enlightened people will not. Being a loner does not mean "unfriendly" or "not nice". You can be very nice and even a good friend as a loner.

They say people can tell the truth about us just by being around us. I'd just own it. If you are a loner accept it and yourself. There is nothing wrong with it.

Trying to hide who you really are is very exhausting. It would be better to put positive energy into your own life.
(06-29-2019, 02:51 AM)HappyYogi Wrote: Being a loner isn't bad. A lot of really good intelligent people past and present are loners.  Some people will attach a negative to it but many more enlightened people will not. Being a loner does not mean "unfriendly" or "not nice".  You can be very nice and even a good friend as a loner.

They say people can tell the truth about us just by being around us.  I'd just own it.  If you are a loner accept it and yourself.  There is nothing wrong with it.

Trying to hide who you really are is very exhausting.  It would be better to put positive energy into your own life.

it can also be extremely lonely & depressing.  being alone means that you will inevitably miss out on some of life's greatest treasures such as a fulfilling intimate relationship.  perhaps some people can be comfortable with this but for others, knowing you are not good enough to experience it is an extremely bitter pill to swallow indeed.
"The most violent weapon on Earth is the table fork." - Mahatma Gandhi

I don't feel insulted if someone calls me a loner. in fact its a badge of honor. it means Im not a sheep.
(06-29-2019, 02:51 AM)HappyYogi Wrote: Being a loner isn't bad. A lot of really good intelligent people past and present are loners.  Some people will attach a negative to it but many more enlightened people will not. Being a loner does not mean "unfriendly" or "not nice".  You can be very nice and even a good friend as a loner.

They say people can tell the truth about us just by being around us.  I'd just own it.  If you are a loner accept it and yourself.  There is nothing wrong with it.

Trying to hide who you really are is very exhausting.  It would be better to put positive energy into your own life.

That's true. Some of the most famous, brilliant people were loners - Einstein, Emily Dickinson (spent her last years never leaving her parents' house!), Isaac Newton, Tesla (never seemed interested in women/relationships), etc. Lots of very noble hermit/sages throughout history, too, in all societies.

People can tell I'm a loner - and that I'm Forever Alone, though that's extremely uncommon in a female. I look unattractive facially, and I'm very awkward. I'm seen as uncool, dowdy, and easy to bully. No one ever asks if I'm in a relationship - they assume, correctly, that I'm not, and never will. I'm basically a nothing in society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for meeting people that don't include bars, clubs, or drinking? Tealeaf 13 3,567 09-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Diagnosed
  Do people become less interested in making friends with age? Tealeaf 40 13,698 04-22-2019, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Neena21
  Why are most British people so socially cold? matt4 79 25,900 11-29-2018, 03:09 AM
Last Post: RedNemesis
  People who have tons of friends cause of their looks make me sick lonelyloser 50 20,941 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Azariah
  Tips For People Who Hate Parties Case 7 2,906 05-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  Rant about nasty people doge 3 1,679 03-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Last Post: UglyLoser
  I don't have the strenght to respond to people lovableplatypus 7 2,276 03-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: athelas88
  How do I cope with people lying to me about poop? Xpendable 4 1,707 02-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Finding it hard to enjoy people Nabbit 4 2,046 02-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: OverTheRainbow
  How do you placate people who are actively looking to disagree and argue? Tealeaf 13 2,823 01-30-2018, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Elyseon