What is it that you want others to understand about you the most?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raph

Reaction score
Do you feel that nobody on earth gets you? Tell us what you want us to know about you the most. Share some stuff you haven't already. I'll share something with you all that I wouldn't even tell my family. I once was browsing an adult site and stumbled upon CP. I immediately reported it. What I want everyone here to understand about me the most is that even though I'm new and you all have no reason to trust me. I'm telling you now that I have a genuine heart. I googled forever looking around for forums like this. There aren't any. I have every reason to get this place poppin'. For me and you all.

That's.... kind of a ballsy thing to outright admit to a bunch of strangers, man.

Anyway for me, that even though my opinions may seem harsh or even adamant or condescending, the real motivations for them is nothing of the sort, nor is it any true reflection on my actual personality. It gives off a very coarse personality which is not actually me whatsoever.

Anyone who's actually talked in depth with me knows that immediately. Even the ones who were initially put off immediately change their tune once they give communicating with me a legit chance.

Yes, nobody gets me either but that's because i'm different. Always have been and don't expect or want it to change.
You'd never know if you met and spoke to me in the street, i'm the epitome of normality and respectability, but my values are very different from the majority and that extends to nearly all areas of life.

Respect for life and all the different forms it takes here on planet earth is paramount and I guess that's true for many, but, for me, there's just too much putting people in boxes, labelling them, instead of accepting them for the individual they happen to have arrived as.

We're all fighting our inner demons, some do it quite happily by conforming to the 'norm' and being accepted by society while secretly being unhappy and not daring to be different, but I love all those different people who do their own thing and ignore what's expected to make them respectable and successful.

Yep, you probably guessed it, that's my background; very successful parents who shone in their fields and made lots of money doing it, but guess who got forgotten while they were chasing their dreams? Maybe i'm still bucking against them, who knows.
I've been very poor a lot of times in my life and you know what? Those were the times when I found value in what Really matters and it's nothing financial, that will let you down every time.

Oh and you know those people who look totally different? The ones who don't care whether their clothes match or if they look smart and respectable. They are my kind of people and are far more interesting to talk to, have a lot to say that's worth listening to.

Maybe one day i'll get brave and shed this cloak of respectability and be a real person.

I value people above all else - no real interest in material possessions or professional rank... I gravitate far more to people who operate from the soul rather than the mind.

Everybody has a story, a different perspective and I'm genuinely interested in other people's points of view and life experiences.

I want people to understand that I don't hate them and that I am not a misanthrope. I just find social interaction incredibly stressful and it's better for everyone if I try to avoid it.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
That's.... kind of a ballsy thing to outright admit to a bunch of strangers, man.

Anyway for me, that even though my opinions may seem harsh or even adamant or condescending, the real motivations for them is nothing of the sort, nor is it any true reflection on my actual personality. It gives off a very coarse personality which is not actually me whatsoever.

Anyone who's actually talked in depth with me knows that immediately. Even the ones who were initially put off immediately change their tune once they give communicating with me a legit chance.

Not really. It was from a legal clearnet site. I found it offensive and I reported it. To be honest, I'm proud that I did. There's too much of that abuse online.

Jently said:
Yes, nobody gets me either but that's because i'm different.  Always have been and don't expect or want it to change.
You'd never know if you met and spoke to me in the street, i'm the epitome of normality and respectability, but my values are very different from the majority and that extends to nearly all areas of life.

Respect for life and all the different forms it takes here on planet earth is paramount and I guess that's true for many, but, for me, there's just too much putting people in boxes, labelling them, instead of accepting them for the individual they happen to have arrived as.

We're all fighting our inner demons, some do it quite happily by conforming to the 'norm' and being accepted by society while secretly being unhappy and not daring to be different, but I love all those different people who do their own thing and ignore what's expected to make them respectable and successful.

Yep, you probably guessed it, that's my background; very successful parents who shone in their fields and made lots of money doing it, but guess who got forgotten while they were chasing their dreams?  Maybe i'm still bucking against them, who knows.
I've been very poor a lot of times in my life and you know what? Those were the times when I found value in what Really matters and it's nothing financial, that will let you down every time.

Oh and you know those people who look totally different?  The ones who don't care whether their clothes match or if they look smart and respectable. They are my kind of people and are far more interesting to talk to, have a lot to say that's worth listening to.

Maybe one day i'll get brave and shed this cloak of respectability and be a real person.

By your words, you sound as real as it gets. You have every right in the world to view it and live it any way you want. Everyone has their own take on things. Don't change what makes you who you are because others have different values. We are all supposed to be different. You'd have to put up a constant acting performance for life if you try to be someone your not. Hard thing to pull off.

Latest posts

Back