How would you describe the forum atmosphere as of late?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've lost a few people and gained a few, one of whom observed that we can be the light we want to see shining in the world.

This forum is what we make it.

Ridiculous. One user who seems to clog up the forum with crap, yet the moderators don’t bother to ban them. I question why I bother coming to this site anymore...

ringwood said:
Ridiculous. One user who seems to clog up the forum with crap, yet the moderators don’t bother to ban them. I question why I bother coming to this site anymore...

What unbanned user is that?

ringwood said:

Honestly, I had the same thoughts over the last few weeks.  Only change "one user" to multiple accounts.  I don't really care if they were different people or the same.  The end result was the same. 

He may be banned now, but I question whether the forum will pick back up again, what with the insulting member that took forever to be banned and then the religious/delusional/troll honeysuckle.

I don't know what you are talking about. The board stats show no changes but of course in your mind it is going to be whatever you want it to be.

constant said:
This forum is what we make it.
Absolutely agreed.

It's different to me. That's for sure. I miss reading certain member's replies and thoughts. But that's to be expected from any forum. That doesn't mean things won't get better based on the diversity and different reasons members come back here for. Every vet or senior member here knows that people come, go, and return all the time. Nothing's set in stone aside from people getting banned.

To be fair, A Mod's job isn't to be quick to judge. Warnings, patience and restraint is needed. Being quick to use the ban hammer is not fitting of one in my opinion. Not to mention, this isn't customer service. There are no customers. They are all volunteers who may or may not see all the threads and replies that you do.

Perhaps we should be PM'ing mods in the future if any member is giving anyone any personal disturbance. One was told recently, and it was taken care of promptly. I don't see a problem or a sudden decline here. Just hot air, frustration, and misunderstanding that people aren't seemingly doing their jobs.

Yes, they are both gone now but as you can see, the toxicity and blame-game lingers. Let's just move on from all this please if we truly want to be a more welcoming lot of active members.

Minus said:
I don't know what you are talking about. The board stats show no changes but of course in your mind it is going to be whatever you want it to be.

AlertChristians, obviously. I assumed it was allowed to continue for the comedy value bu it went on for too long.

The guy is permanently banned, many of his threads were closed and we warned him several times. I guess many of you forget the several times you've been disruptive to the forum and you've been warned and chances you've had, yet you are still here.

I think I conceptualize "as of a late" as a wider time frame. AlertChristians was here for a month and his threads started getting out of hand in the last week, maybe two weeks? Eventually I just scrolled over the threads cause I don't know the best way to deal with that kind of person - as an individual or as an authority. It was spam and delusion mostly, not outright hostility. The other "Christian" guy was more insistent but less out of touch with the world. And finally some "combative" individuals to put it generously. In any case, nothing that would sully my impression of the forum itself beyond redemption.

I've grown more distant from the platform to the point that I haven't even noticed my 5th anniversary here. It has just gotten quiet, people move on to other platforms, other media or they just move on in their lives. That's how it looks to me at least and it has been going on for longer. But the place and the people I met here have helped me and I wouldn't be where I am today in life if not for their contributions. Even if I lost my nerve here a few times for various reasons, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse. That's why I always come back and I try to add my point of view in the hopes that it adds something of value. I'm just feeling old lately. Maybe too old for simple conversations and fiery discussions alike.

Rodent said:
It has just gotten quiet, people move on to other platforms, other media or they just move on in their lives. That's how it looks to me at least and it has been going on for longer. But the place and the people I met here have helped me and I wouldn't be where I am today in life if not for their contributions. Even if I lost my nerve here a few times for various reasons, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.

+1

I feel the same way. Also the part about getting older, too.

Different from last month, probably same as a year ago.
It comes, it goes, it ups, it downs. Like life, it twists and turns, but I'll tell you one thing, its much more pleasurable than not.

Latest posts

Back