Quoting and notifications

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enpatsu No Shakugan

Reaction score
I guess a forum like this really doesn't *need* forum notifications to the same level others do, but it would at least be nice to receive one when quoting someone. Specifically for the receiver; so they can at least *know* that someone responded to them if they might not otherwise.
You know, keep conversations going and clear confusion, all that.

I'm kinda baffled there is no such thing and yet still a quote feature. I mean, in my forum experiences, that's literally the whole *point* to quoting someone. So that they'll be notified.

I'd at least like to know why there isn't one. I would've guessed they come standard on most forum layouts.

you really do expect a lot from a service you're not paying for. Do you want it referenced in Harvard too?

The best I can offer you is the thread subscription feature which will notify you of all new posts made to a particular thread. That only makes sense for new discussion threads though, not for the daily threads with random postings. Forum updates here are very sporadically...I can only assume it was simply a feature that wasn't added.

Rodent said:
The best I can offer you is the thread subscription feature which will notify you of all new posts made to a particular thread. That only makes sense for new discussion threads though, not for the daily threads with random postings. Forum updates here are very sporadically...I can only assume it was simply a feature that wasn't added.

Ah, now that I think about it, there used to be a way to watch topics. Which would be a pretty fair substitute, but I'm having trouble finding that feature right now.

Was it removed or is it harder to find than I thought?

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Ah, now that I think about it, there used to be a way to watch topics. Which would be a pretty fair substitute, but I'm having trouble finding that feature right now.

Was it removed or is it harder to find than I thought?

It is hard to find (I had to find it myself again)...it's all the way at the bottom of the page below the "Possibly Related Threads..." section. Along with other options such as viewing a printable version or showing the thread to a friend.

Latest posts

Back