Let's get the awkward bit with over with....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon Puppet

Reaction score
Hi!

New in the door...clutching my complimentary glass of cheap fizz and wondering where to put my handbag whilst I help myself to some sausage rolls from the buffet table...

On reflection, 'Moon Puppet' is a bit of a mouthful, so 'Moop' will do just fine.

I'm based on the South Coast of England and gracefully cruising through my mid-forties without the need for hair dye or spanx underwear as yet.

I'm a happy soul - more 'Lone Ranger' than 'Lonely Life' - just joined because I'm a night owl...opportunities for sparkling conversation are slim in the early hours of the morning with just a cup of tea for company.

This is a big place! I'll go and have a wander - see what's what.

Oh! Where are my manners? Thank you for having me!

Love

Moop x

Greetings from Hawaii.

I'm nigh an Anglophile because I had a friend invite me out to Devon for a long vacation. Wish I could go back but am not ready to leave my job. Walked 10 miles around Dartmoor. Stunning landscape.

What's the best county in the South Coast region? Any great geographic/cultural features you frequent.

I've seen some of your other posts and I'm quite curious to see what you'll offer! Hope you'll get to post more and add something much needed here.

Yeah, the place is huge, but it's all mostly in the past. It's not that active to the same level anymore.

Hi Viridian!

Thanks for the welcome.

Devon is a beautiful part of the world - I lived in North Devon for a few years and loved it.

I'm particularly fond of Dorset as a county - patchwork quilt countryside and thatched cottages. The coastline is both stunning and varied - my favourite is Lulworth Cove for its rugged cliffs and cornflower-blue bay. It's a romantic, mystic sort of place...if you stand alone on the top of a cliff, you look like someone who's just lost the love of their life...rather than someone who has just lost their ice cream to a seagull.

Lyme Regis and Weymouth are beautiful too - known as the 'Jurassic Coastline' as they abound with dinosaur fossils...these are all the favourite haunts of mine.

Educate me on Hawaii...my mind abounds with cliches of Hula-skirted, flower-bedecked women with undulating hips.... x

Hello Enpatsu No Shakugan!

Sorry to hear the forum is dwindling rather than thriving...I'll do my best to add a new flavour.

Thanks for the welcome x

Hi Raph!

Already replied to one of your threads, I think.

You're fairly new too, I see. What brought you here? x

Moon Puppet said:
Educate me on Hawaii...my mind abounds with cliches of Hula-skirted, flower-bedecked women with undulating hips.... x

There is either too much or too little to say on this account. It's a very ethinically diverse state. Hula, leis and coconut trees are all a part of the charm. Tourism is the biggest source of income for the state, so the image of a somewhat lost culture is leveraged for commercial purposes.

Most of the endemic flora and fauna are endangered.

The most interesting thing is the geological age visible between islands. The older islands (Kauai and Oahu) have shear cliffs while the younger islands have dome like mountains (less erosion). The Big Island is volcanically active and major rifts opened up last year which destroyed a lot of property. It has black sand beaches.

It's sunny and warm year around and great beaches. It's also a surfing mecca.

Moon Puppet said:
I'm particularly fond of Dorset as a county - patchwork quilt countryside and thatched cottages.  The coastline is both stunning and varied - my favourite is Lulworth Cove for its rugged cliffs and cornflower-blue bay.

I used to live not far from there in Bovington. It is a stunning part of the country

Hi Celt!

Only four posts old yourself, I see? Must go and look for your intro.

Meanwhile, we can blunder around together!

Latest posts

Back