Asked a girl out and she wants bring her friends. What should I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
Hello, I have been crushing on a girl in my class. We have been chatting often online because we only meet once in a week. We don't often talk face to face because we both suck at it and it gets awkward. I kinda hanged out with her alone one time in school to study for an exam but we ended up just talking about life and forgot the studying part. Me and my friends think that I got a chance with this girl because she sends some signals on me. Now I asked her out to the movies and she said yes which is really great but she wants to bring her friends who are all girls. I do not know if I am getting friendzoned all of a sudden or what but I really hope I wouldn't. What should I do in this situation as a guy who is not great in socializing? Another question, why does she need to bring her friends?

What an intro post!

Can you elaborate exactly how many friends she's bringing? 3-4 or even more than that? No double dates, I take it either.

It's hard to say, but I doubt it's friendzoning, especially if you're the only guy tagging along, you don't know her friends, and if she remains your main focus, just with them along.

She might want to introduce you to her group, induct you into her life by meeting her friends. Are they her very close friends, do you know?

I'd go, but I'd pay very close attention to the friends. Watch if they routinely make mention of you in regard to her; they're probably gauging how you two work together and the like. Or if they're laughing at you, maybe this is a setup to some ulterior motives as some elaborate ruse. (Don't freak out, I'm just throwing out possibilities based on what you have provided).
More info is good to really grasp the concept. But if you've been talking to her a lot online and know her, and this came up with her approval, I would be nothing but optimistic. Those are all very good signs, and I highly, highly doubt it's anything shifty.
Personally I think it's the reason above, to both indoctrinate you and also possibly as comfort for her. You did admit how awkward and shy it gets between you. Her friends might keep her relaxed and help her and you get the best chance.

All I know for sure is, with women, nothing is ever just because. Her friends are coming for some sort of reason, whether it was her idea or theirs. Time will tell.

Lastly, how old are you exactly? Still school age? Middle, high? Knowing that can help put perspective on the dynamics too. Or are you all adults in, say, college?
Believe me, knowing all that could change a lot of theories.

Love to hear more, and welcome! I'll try and offer insight as best as I can!

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
What an intro post!

Can you elaborate exactly how many friends she's bringing? 3-4 or even more than that? No double dates, I take it either.

It's hard to say, but I doubt it's friendzoning, especially if you're the only guy tagging along, you don't know her friends, and if she remains your main focus, just with them along.

She might want to introduce you to her group, induct you into her life by meeting her friends. Are they her very close friends, do you know?

I'd go, but I'd pay very close attention to the friends. Watch if they routinely make mention of you in regard to her; they're probably gauging how you two work together and the like. Or if they're laughing at you, maybe this is a setup to some ulterior motives as some elaborate ruse. (Don't freak out, I'm just throwing out possibilities based on what you have provided).
More info is good to really grasp the concept. But if you've been talking to her a lot online and know her, and this came up with her approval, I would be nothing but optimistic. Those are all very good signs, and I highly, highly doubt it's anything shifty.
Personally I think it's the reason above, to both indoctrinate you and also possibly as comfort for her. You did admit how awkward and shy it gets between you. Her friends might keep her relaxed and help her and you get the best chance.

All I know for sure is, with women, nothing is ever just because. Her friends are coming for some sort of reason, whether it was her idea or theirs. Time will tell.

Lastly, how old are you exactly? Still school age? Middle, high? Knowing that can help put perspective on the dynamics too. Or are you all adults in, say, college?
Believe me, knowing all that could change a lot of theories.

Love to hear more, and welcome! I'll try and offer insight as best as I can!

Hey dude thanks for the reply, she said she's gonna bring 4 friends and those 4 are her closest friends, they're all girls too. We're also in college.

Oh, been there mate. Awkward with a capital 'A'. She's nervous too. From my experience when I was in school, girls take the opinion of their girlfriends and hold it in high regard. You can bet after that movie they will all be sharing their thoughts on you with her. I could be dead wrong too.

Yeah, definitely go through with it and don't bail. When is it happening too, by the way?

Just be on your best behavior, try and relax and have a good time, and you very well could wind up befriending her friends as well; at the very least, just try and get along with them.
Do that and they'll rank you high, no doubt, and if you want a relationship with her, being on good terms or also friends with her friends, etc, is definitely not a bad thing.

Yeah, definitely don't bail and go through with it. When is it happening too, by the way?

Just be on your best behavior, try and relax and have a good time, and you very well could wind up befriending her friends as well; at the very least, just try and get along with them.
Do that and they'll rank you high, no doubt, and if you want a relationship with her, being on good terms or also friends with her friends, etc, is definitely not a bad thing.

'Like'

Yeah, definitely go through with it and don't bail. When is it happening too, by the way?

She said she's gonna tell me when they are available. I will try to socialize but keeping true to myself. This is just my first time in asking someone out in my life because I've been really preoccupied in my studies for my future. In other words, this is the first time I felt something I guess

Any updates on this? I hope you haven't forgotten about us.

Oh hey, sadly there are no updates but we often chat but things on my side are getting busier in the moment. I might ask her out again some time. It looks like she's not yet comfortable with me, I gotta take things slow and nice. Too bad there are no more classes so we don't meet face to face.

Update: She said I'm moving too fast. What happened is that I asked her out again but she told me she gets shy whenever around me. We don't talk whenever are friends are around and it gets awkward sometimes because of the teasing. Idk what to do tbh.

Maybe you can ask her why she feels shy around you and what you can do to help her feel better?

So did the date even happen or not? I'm confused.

Sadly, it didn't. We're both busy on other things and another things is that she is not comfortable with me yet.

LittleCrow said:
Maybe you can ask her why she feels shy around you and what you can do to help her feel better?

Good point man, I'll ask her that

If you ask her, don't be super blunt and direct; it's going to sound like you're third degreeing her, which will not have any positive outcome.

Fish around more cleverly than that.

Honestly, I'd say just keep getting to know her slowly as a friend, chat, whatever, and then build it up. But definitely don't confront her so bluntly.

Women are a lot like cats; you have to work hard for their affection, and if you make a huge threatening move, especially before they know you, they're going to bail and never come back.

If you ask her, don't be super blunt and direct; it's going to sound like you're third degreeing her, which will not have any positive outcome.

Fish around more cleverly than that.

Honestly, I'd say just keep getting to know her slowly as a friend, chat, whatever, and then build it up. But definitely don't confront her so bluntly.

Women are a lot like cats; you have to work hard for their affection, and if you make a huge threatening move, especially before they know you, they're going to bail and never come back.

Hey, thanks for the tip dude. I plan on chatting her as a friend first to fix this situation of mine. I really need to make her comfortable with me in order to progress I think.

"Women are a lot like cats..."

So that implies:

- that women are all the same/all a homogenous group/actually ARE a monolith - "implies" nothing, it straight up says it.

- that women have the same traits that cats are stereotyped for having: cold, aloof, arrogant, anti-social, predatory, manipulative, insincere, etc.

Yeah, please tell us more about who is and isn't misogynistic. That's so backwards. Not to mention giving me serious creepy pick-up artist vibes.

On the one hand, I know it's not right or nice to start honeysuckle, but on the other hand, ****...seriously? How is this OK? People want to support this? This doesn't give you creepy vibes at all?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back