Depression is taking a physical toll

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewolf33

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience physical symptoms? My stomach is constantly in battle I feel nauseous most of the day. Sometimes I’m completely drained but cannot sleep. Even my sex drive is non-existent I can’t remember the last time even experiences anything that felt like arousal.

I think that's probably due to mindset. I've been depressed to an extent before where it impacts my mood and my want to do anything, and I suppose if you let it go further, it could begin affecting you physically like with you. I just never let it get to that level.

I wouldn't immediately regret arousal as my primary symptom though; if it got to that level, I feel there would be more pressing matters first.
But it's not really a surprise. After all, if something of a romantic nature is what triggered it, of course that emotion would be impacted the most by it.

All I can say is, unless you stumble into something good by total chance, the only real cure for it is a change in mindset; otherwise it might just only get worse.

Depression can definitely manifest into physical symptoms. Depression doesn't just have mental symptoms, it also has physical symptoms and every single one you named is a symptom, though there are also a few more.

Lack of sleep/no R.E.M. cycles
Lack of the physical sensation of hunger, despite medical necessity to eat.
Lack of sex drive.
General fatigue.
Low-to-mild catatonia.

That last one really only ever happens if you're particularly unlucky and the stars align for you to be a truly damned individual. Fortunately, typically only us creatives usually hold that bracket. We're what's commonly called "a special type of messed up." (My sarcasm and eyerolls in regards to my respects for those fallen that I know of who would completely agree with me could not be more apparent than in this post).

IncolaVacui said:
Lack of sleep/no R.E.M. cycles
Lack of the physical sensation of hunger, despite medical necessity to eat.
Lack of sex drive.
General fatigue.
Low-to-mild catatonia.

That last one really only ever happens if you're particularly unlucky and the stars align for you to be a truly damned individual. Fortunately, typically only us creatives usually hold that bracket. We're what's commonly called "a special type of messed up." (My sarcasm and eyerolls in regards to my respects for those fallen that I know of who would completely agree with me could not be more apparent than in this post).

Sometimes I barely feel human because I see most people around who talk about enjoying these things that I don’t experience or rarely experience.

The human mind is a complete enigma. Not even psychiatrists can figure how and why it works with any degree of certainty. Whenever I over indulge in greasy food and feel sick to my stomach, I just keep telling myself that I'm full and not feeling like I'm going to honk. The nausea goes away. With enough practice, you can train your mind to do amazing things sometimes. The fact that you feel sick as a result of your depression is no surprise.

Latest posts

Back