Hi, I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dropinthebucket

Reaction score
A bit about me:

I'm 37, female, single, no kids.  When people ask me "How are you?" I answer:

"Good"
"Pretty good"
"Oh, fine"
"Not bad"

But if I were honest, I'd say:

"I'm starving for some one to hold me and hug me.  It's been so long since I've had human touch.  I'm starving for a group of friends who knows me and gets me and makes me feel known and seen.  I'm LONELY and I'm ashamed or being lonely.  It makes me feel like I'm defective."

So that's what I've been holding inside, never ever sharing it with anyone.  So thank you for letting me share it with you guys and thank you for reading.

It's cool that you're able to be so open and honest.

Could you do this in real life or would you be too shy and the like? Or I guess you don't have really anyone like that to vent, which is totally understandable. Most introverts don't really have many offline friends.
With how you wrote it though, it made it seem like you had such things once and lost them. Is that the case? Maybe if you want to be held and the like, it makes me think you once had more than just a friend too, to which I say I'm sorry. There's no reason to feel bad about being lonely though; just gotta buck up and try to solve the problem, I say.

You seem capable of having some cool conversations, so I hope to see what else you can bring and offer! I'll always be here to listen!
Haha, and I laughed at your quick responses to all the stock questions, which I too get pretty sick of. So, if you're up for more discussion, there definitely won't be any of that when it comes to me!

Welcome!

Sometimes I can be a real pain. When someone asks how I am doing I sometimes say " Why you want to know?" I really seriously want to know why they are interested.

Dropinthebucket said:
A bit about me:

I'm 37, female, single, no kids.  When people ask me "How are you?" I answer:

"Good"
"Pretty good"
"Oh, fine"
"Not bad"

But if I were honest, I'd say:

"I'm starving for some one to hold me and hug me.  It's been so long since I've had human touch.  I'm starving for a group of friends who knows me and gets me and makes me feel known and seen.  I'm LONELY and I'm ashamed or being lonely.  It makes me feel like I'm defective."

So that's what I've been holding inside, never ever sharing it with anyone.  So thank you for letting me share it with you guys and thank you for reading.

As a single woman in her 40's, I can certainly relate to those same feelings of loneliness. Everywhere we turn people are coupled up, so being single can become quite difficult and can even get pretty lonely especially around holidays and family and friend get-togethers. But that doesn't mean we are abnormal in our expressions or in how we feel and we're definitely not defective by any means. I believe that our yearning for a spouse or life partner is a God-given desire and there's nothing at all wrong with it.

Over the years, I've tried to stay busy and connected through my church and finding support with other singles in different networking groups. It doesn't completely take away the pain of loneliness but it does ease it a bit. The other day I came across something that I'd be happy to share with you as it may offer another perspective or new insight -- https://bit.ly/2JGTlL6.

I hope one day we both will find someone special to love and spend the rest of our lives with. Until then, I pray you'll find new ways to celebrate your singleness, live and be happy. Be encouraged my friend! :)

Latest posts

Back