Im not too lonely but.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
Im happily married. aged 61. No kids. Nice dog though.
I need to work on friendships and relationships with family. I think I may suffer a common malaise called "arrogance". Now deep down of course it is insecurity and a feeling of inferiority.
I didn't quite make it career wise. Nor have kids.
Watching Jordan Peterson makes me feel guilty. That I didn't own my problems. I didn't take responsibility. I beat myself up daily everyday. So I can easily go to sleep at 8.00pm at night and wake up around 5.00am.
Ive resorted to social media. But ive started to hate the person ive become online. Almost a  narcissist. But I do take interest in other people. I have a nice side, a gentle side even. My wife and dog see it mostly. But you wont see it much on here (subject to edit :) )nor the people I meet at work nor my family.
My family is a big theme for me. Ive deliberately lived thousands of miles from them. Trouble is now I cant afford to visit them. And I have a big family. If they all start dying soon I cant afford to attend funerals.
Did I mention I suffer anxiety? and the occasional panic attack? yeah I guess from the tone of this post you guessed Im a born worry wart.

Your intro expresses a lot and does it very articulately. I'm glad you're on this forum.
I didn't quite make it career wise either. Nor have any kids. Didn't get married either. And I'm 4 years older than you....

humourless said:
thanks. how is this forum by the way? does it get busy?

Not at all. Unless you like the same inane forum 'games' day in and day out. There isn't much actual discussion here anymore.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
humourless said:

Not at all. Unless you like the same inane forum 'games' day in and day out. There isn't much actual discussion here anymore.
Oh I see. That is a shame. do you recommend another forum? (sorry mods and admin)

humourless said:
Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
humourless said:

Oh I see. That is a shame. do you recommend another forum? (sorry mods and admin)

I think that's a bit extreme. You're welcome to add to more discussions. More members with an interest in communication is the best way to change things.

I hope you stay. I like what you've added thus far.

Welcome!

You're the first self-proclaimed arrogant person I've met that admits that deep down it's a feeling of insecurity and inferiority. You're displaying humility and courage coming here. Good to have you here.

Raph said:
Welcome!

You're the first self-proclaimed arrogant person I've met that admits that deep down it's a feeling of insecurity and inferiority. You're displaying humility and courage coming here. Good to have you here.
where's the like button? I cant find it......

Hey humourless, welcome aboard. I get the gist that you might be your harshest critic. I've recently begun embracing self-forgiveness. It's been unexpectedly liberating. Prayers bro.

humourless said:
I think I may suffer a common malaise called "arrogance". Now deep down of course it is insecurity and a feeling of inferiority.

It's obvious, believe me.

humorless said:
 But ive started to hate the person ive become online. Almost a  narcissist.

Might want to catch yourself then, because I do believe it's resurfacing again.

Cant say im obsessed enough about you to investigate all your threads. sleep tight

Latest posts

Back