Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have the right to be happy
(03-28-2019, 04:20 PM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 03:44 PM)ardour Wrote: In the end I can "love myself" till the cows come home, but I can't force others to desire my company, make what "friends" I have actually give a crap, and force women to find me attractive (or least be comfortable talking to me). These are nearly universally desired things. I could have excellent self-esteem and still live an empty life due to social anxiety, bad looks, bad luck, and not being able to perform the role of a man properly.  This is all very much my problem and feeling good, bad or indifferent about myself doesn't change much at all.

Hypotheticals hardly mean anything when you view them through a lens of utter pessimism. When have you actually tried this strategy?

If you go in believing you'll fail, you will fail. It's that simple.

Stop addressing me, it's seriously creepy.
(03-28-2019, 04:26 PM)ardour Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 04:20 PM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 03:44 PM)ardour Wrote: In the end I can "love myself" till the cows come home, but I can't force others to desire my company, make what "friends" I have actually give a crap, and force women to find me attractive (or least be comfortable talking to me). These are nearly universally desired things. I could have excellent self-esteem and still live an empty life due to social anxiety, bad looks, bad luck, and not being able to perform the role of a man properly.  This is all very much my problem and feeling good, bad or indifferent about myself doesn't change much at all.

Hypotheticals hardly mean anything when you view them through a lens of utter pessimism. When have you actually tried this strategy?

If you go in believing you'll fail, you will fail. It's that simple.

Stop addressing me, it's seriously creepy.

Funny, I thought I was replying to content in an open forum to further a conversation.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could another person be happy with your life? howtobealone 57 26,112 03-30-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: humourless
Sad I Can't Stand to See Myself Happy! MORBIDNITRO 6 3,779 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Last Post: geordy70
  What makes you happy? parcipal 49 15,143 07-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Last Post: IgnoredOne