Another Newbie *waving*

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsWordSalad

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm 51 but have no idea what it is to be that age because in my mind I'm still in my 30s. I'm an English professor/writer in Las Vegas and I pretty much fit the stereotype of the writer who is an internally conflicted, intellectually needy, addicted-to-something soul who suffers manic episodes of creativity and depression and is incapable of having any lasting relationships because no one can keep up with such a thirst for newness and a dual personality. Add to that that I'm a Gemini, and well, there you have it. My biggest issue is that people see "the fat girl" above all else--and so do I. She is the torment of my life and try as I might, I can't get rid of her or make peace with her, therefore, I am alone. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully making some new friends.

Hello, I am in the '30s but feel like I am in my 30"s. I am a writer too, I like to say that but I don't have much content out there. My dream is to be published one day. My mind in full of little gems that are craving for freedom. Nice to meet you. I have a spot of loneliness every so often where I just really want to talk to someone so very badly it hurts and I can't focus. I also at the same time don't want to say anything and just bury my head in someone's chest and cuddle of hours in silences. Sad things neither ever happens.

Kindness35 said:
Hello, I am in the '30s but feel like I am in my 30"s. I am a writer too, I like to say that but I don't have much content out there. My dream is to be published one day. My mind in full of little gems that are craving for freedom.  Nice to meet you. I have a spot of loneliness every so often where I just really want to talk to someone so very badly it hurts and I can't focus. I also at the same time don't want to say anything and just bury my head in someone's chest and cuddle of hours in silences. Sad things neither ever happens.

Hi Kindness35,

Nice to meet a fellow writer here. I can certainly relate to the spot of loneliness you feel. Here in Vegas, there are loads of people, but no one talks beyond the necessary. It seems impossible to find people who want to connect on a level that goes beyond advancing their incomes or making the weekend hookup. I watch a lot of old movies and find myself wishing I had lived in the days when meeting someone for dinner was a big deal worth dressing up for. There was actual talking with no phones to interrupt anything, and the only expectation was the possibility of a goodnight kiss. I miss the art of conversation and the thrill of knowing someone wants to know me.
What do you write?

Well I'm almost 50 but I'm regressing age wise mentally. I used to be in my mid 30s but with all the cool stuff I liked as a kid coming back my inner kid is growing. I've been trying to write a book so if there are any cool websites for novice writers that you know about please let we know.

RadioGuy88 said:
Hey 👋 welcome

Hi Radioguy88,

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet you.

Black Manta said:
Well I'm almost 50 but I'm regressing age wise mentally. I used to be in my mid 30s but with all the cool stuff I liked as a kid coming back my inner kid is growing. I've been trying to write a book so if there are any cool websites for novice writers that you know about please let we know.

Hi Black Manta,

If you're looking for feedback on a chapter, a good site to go to is Scribophile. Plenty of eyes there and the criticism is constructive and sometimes comprehensive. The best part is that the draft doesn't have to be publish-ready, it can be a rough draft in progress. I wish you inspiration and happy writing.

Latest posts

Back