Christianity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
is it cool to talk about Christianity on here? Any or many Christians?
Ive recently returned to my faith though I wonder if my original faith ever really existed. I want to avoid fights and arguments. I don't want to prove atheists wrong because I cant anyway.
Part of solving my loneliness is through Jesus Christ. But sometimes Jesus asks us to suffer loneliness in the name of following Him. We have to be careful that our loneliness is not caused by sin. So in effect we have to embrace the right kind of loneliness. But then many Christians are not lonely at all I admit.

I'm sure you can talk about anything, so long as you're civil about it. So I don't think you'll have any problems.

I'm all for talking about Christ. I look at the world today and it's increasing corruption day by day and I can't help but think that Jesus is a little disappointed in us. He gave His life for us and look at how we conduct ourselves.

Talk is fine. Debate is not. But, honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen a thread specifically about religion that hasn't ended up in debate and closed. lol

I'm a Christian. I don't understand why you would say that following Jesus makes you suffer loneliness, especially if you say that most Christians aren't lonely. I don't really believe that. I don't think religion makes you lonely. If anything, it's just another excuse to blame someone/something else. Also, we all sin, there's no way around that, really. What's important is that you make up for that sin, through whatever means your denomination uses.

Following Jesus may not cause personal spiritual loneliness but it can separate you from certain groups of people even or especially other Christians.
Choosing "righteousness" can be a lonely option. But a worthwhile one.
Choosing sin separates us from God .

I suppose that depends on the social circles you are aligning yourself with. If your "friends" can't accept who you are and what you believe, then they are not really your friends, are they?
What exactly do you mean by righteousness? I only ask because you put it in quotes. When people mention being righteous, it usually equates to superiority or egotistical/arrogant mannerisms. No one should be that, in my opinion. We are all just people trying to get through life. We all have our different believes and no one should judge others by that fact or feel they are better than another for what they believe...unless of course you believe being a serial killer or the like makes you superior, then judge away. lol
I don't think it's as simple as choosing sin, because we all sin, that's why Jesus died. Sinning doesn't separate us from God, not repenting separates us from God. We have free will, so I don't really think it's possible not to sin. Maybe my believes are different from yours or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you are saying.

Latest posts

Back