How do you think the world will end?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raph

Reaction score
Think about it. There are so many possible ways these days. I honestly believe a global pandemic.

A few theories:

1. War, famine.
2. CERN opens portal to Hell.
3. Biological toxin escapes government compound and unleashes itself upon the general public.
4. An apocalypse takes place and the entirety of Earth ascends past 5D into a utopian state of being.

Earth will be destroyed in approximately 4.5 billion years when the sun expands into a red giant, nearing the end of its lifespan, engulfing the inner planets, Earth included.

The Sun.
If we're talking about how the world will end, that is aside from the time of humans on the world, the Sun will take the cake.

My argument with this is that:
A Global Pandemic will most definitely be the most logical end to humans.
Governments will first cut funding to protecting civilians under global warfare budget constraints.
After that, a global pandemic will probably break out due to that cut funding for prosperity of health.

However, even if you collected every nuclear bomb on the entire planet from every country and put it all together and detonated it at the same time, it would indeed create a solar flare that could be seen from Mars (which is so far away that it would actually take about 20 minutes to receive a text from at our best technological standards) but regardless of that...Earth would survive, but humans and most "current life" wouldn't...

We'd probably go into another Ice Age. Perhaps the final of our planet...and the minerals of the sea and the minerals of the land would churn life back into existence again as something...NOT human...

The name of the game has been and will always will be:
If you want to remain at the top of the food chain, you've got to play it smart.

Regardless of that...
In several million or billion years from now (the Earth is basically like 4 Billion years old as it is) ---The Sun ----(which is a G-Type star, with an estimated life expectancy of around 10 Billion Years)--will eventually die, as all stars do eventually burn out their prospects for energy...

Prior to that however, the Sun will swell in size...so large that it will blast away the atmosphere of Earth through radiation alone and leave us with a surface temperature of 400 - 700 degrees Fahrenheit, or in plain English: Too hot for any currently known life on Earth, even trees, to be able to withstand...

So basically, 3 Million or Billion years before the Sun actually explodes, all life on the planet will be extinguished anyways.

In my defense of mathematical estimations, it's been about 5 or 6 years since I've actually really thought about this, so if I'm off a couple zeros relating in a large difference, that's why. But on the general whole, you should get where I'm going with this anyway.

Im more obsessed with how my own life will end. I will God worry about how the world or universe ends.
I believe in a new heaven and a new Earth. What about other planets though? Arent they important?

Are we talking the end of humans, or the end of this planet?

I don't know if humans will end.  I think we'll become a multi-planet species within the next couple hundred years, and keep going from there.  I kinda wish I wasn't born into this middle period where we're out of "the past", but not quite in a truly "sci fi" world yet, where science could keep you at peak health indefinitely, or you could upload your consciousness into a computer or a robot body, or something.  There would be so much I'd want to do, if I had more time.  It's having to pick a few things, some of which are only for survival, that gets to me.  

The planet though?  I think it will end with the sun, like others have said.  Unless we find some way to prolong its life somehow.

It's so many millions or billions of years away but it sucks to think that everything, all the range of life forms, all of our hard work, all the science, discoveries, history, technology, artwork, and culture will all be gone someday.

humourless said:
Im more obsessed with how my own life will end...

I believe in a new heaven and a new Earth.

Yeah, me too.  It's our own personal end of the universe.  

I wish I could share your belief in something after, though.

Cleanairfilter said:
You wake up and it was all a dream.

Now that would really be interesting!  Sometimes, I wish that would happen.

Latest posts

Back