Catholic Priests should be allowed to marry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
Still on the loneliness theme. Im a catholic and now I too believe things have to change. For a long time I didn't. I thought the Catholic Church had a right to be conservative in an atheistic world where "hey man, do whatever your like, its cool" is the normal attitude. But finally I see they might be choosing stubbornness instead of sticking to tradition.
A priest who never marries counselling people who are ? No that is not a good idea.
The Church is losing all reputation now. And deservedly so. Rogue priests hiding their crimes as pedophiles. 
Things have to change. Big time. The people have had enough.

Actually, you aren't entirely correct. Catholic priests can't marry AFTER they are ordained. They can, however, be ordained if they are already married.

But I don't really understand the point of this thread, since you aren't a priest.

Does it say in the Bible that they aren't allowed to marry? If God Himself doesn't specifically forbid it, then to Hell with what we humans say. I believe the Bible tells us everything that we need to know about life and how to live it.

It should be changed. The point of this was that the Church was worried about land rights getting passed on to the children. If the priests aren't married they can't have legitimate kids to inherit the lands. There is nothing in the Bible that supports this practice. They should get their act together and allowed married priests and female priests.

The Pope shouldn't buy 600 USD robes and still say the Church gives to the poor, is all I can say about that.
Then there's the Borgias...but let's not go there.

Latest posts

Back