Hello, would be nice to make some meaningful relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Pixel

Reaction score
I had a good conversation with someone last week, and that really showed me how nice it is if you have someone to talk to. Because I'm not trying to ignore my loneliness anymore, it also showed me how much I really need some conversation if I have nobody to talk to. Currently, I should be happy and I really feel awesome sometimes. Life is going well, I'm working on my loneliness, which I ignored all my life, I have learned a lot about programming lately, I will be able to speak French with basic grammar soon, I will see my best friend again soon and I can't wait to try to become close friends with him, not just pals and the video I'm working on for 8 weeks will probably be completed next week. 

But other times I feel lonely and not really motivated to do the things I love. That's when talking to someone could really help me, but then I also don't feel like posting stuff on the forum. I'm happy to meet new friends so feel free to pm me. I really want to talk with someone not just about everyday stuff, but also about more meaningful things. I tend to write my posts long(as you can see) and take my time to make them thoughtful so a pen pal would be ideal. It's just amazing when you are excited the whole day and can't wait to read your replies. I don't know If I will be able to respond to everyone, who will pm me because socializing takes a lot of time. Especially, for me who writes 1 hour on a post like this. 

This remembers me when I played the Sims. I always had trouble to satisfy the social need, because I didn't want to spend half of my time letting my sims interact with others. When you want to leave your house to meet with others, you always need to load the new place, and then you can't control other sims in your household, so I ended up letting my sims phoning people while eating and watching TV. Somehow programming games 10 hours a day wasn't enough fun so they had to watch TV. How I played the sims really reflects me quite accurately. I guess this would be an interesting thread. 

Back to what this thread is about, I would like to open up myself more to others in order to be less introvert so I can talk about myself less shy with people face to face. Also, it would be great to improve my not perfect social skills. If you want to know more about me, you can just click on my profile and read my bio and if this still is not enough for you, feel free to pm me. I will try my best to respond to everyone, but I will try to focus more on a few people so I can try to really understand them.

Sorry for leaving you dry, I just really didn't have anything else to add. (Not to be arrogant if you weren't referring to me, even though we did talk in depth for awhile at that time)

But you know, man, do what I do, post where you want to post and when someone seems cool or interesting, hit them up. Why not? It's the best way to make friends from unexpected places or who knows what else.

Start making more moves. If you want it, don't be afraid to go after it. :)

Dr_Pixel said:
I had a good conversation with someone last week, and that really showed me how nice it is if you have someone to talk to. Because I'm not trying to ignore my loneliness anymore, it also showed me how much I really need some conversation if I have nobody to talk to. Currently, I should be happy and I really feel awesome sometimes. Life is going well, I'm working on my loneliness, which I ignored all my life, I have learned a lot about programming lately, I will be able to speak French with basic grammar soon, I will see my best friend again soon and I can't wait to try to become close friends with him, not just pals and the video I'm working on for 8 weeks will probably be completed next week. 

But other times I feel lonely and not really motivated to do the things I love. That's when talking to someone could really help me, but then I also don't feel like posting stuff on the forum. I'm happy to meet new friends so feel free to pm me. I really want to talk with someone not just about everyday stuff, but also about more meaningful things. I tend to write my posts long(as you can see) and take my time to make them thoughtful so a pen pal would be ideal. It's just amazing when you are excited the whole day and can't wait to read your replies. I don't know If I will be able to respond to everyone, who will pm me because socializing takes a lot of time. Especially, for me who writes 1 hour on a post like this. 

This remembers me when I played the Sims. I always had trouble to satisfy the social need, because I didn't want to spend half of my time letting my sims interact with others. When you want to leave your house to meet with others, you always need to load the new place, and then you can't control other sims in your household, so I ended up letting my sims phoning people while eating and watching TV. Somehow programming games 10 hours a day wasn't enough fun so they had to watch TV. How I played the sims really reflects me quite accurately. I guess this would be an interesting thread. 

Back to what this thread is about, I would like to open up myself more to others in order to be less introvert so I can talk about myself less shy with people face to face. Also, it would be great to improve my not perfect social skills. If you want to know more about me, you can just click on my profile and read my bio and if this still is not enough for you, feel free to pm me. I will try my best to respond to everyone, but I will try to focus more on a few people so I can try to really understand them.

Hi Dr_Pixel 

I'm sorry to hear you are so lonely. I am too. I noticed you said that you used to play the sims, I still play this. And I'd never thought about it like that before but you're right. I do the same things. I actually end up buying that little reward trait thingy "Needs No One" so that I didn't have to deal with the social need. That's basically where I'm at in life too. I feel as if I get so depressed because I am so lonely, but also that I don't put enough effort into not being lonely. Get it? 

I'm complicated. It's nice to meet you.

I used to play the sims too. I would usually spend a lot of time tending my garden and focusing on getting my skills up, studying way to hard. The need to be social came and I would only focus on partying and talking. Then there were times I would cause nothing but mayhem, being a jerk to everyone, hurting their feelings, beating them up and causing trouble. I think this reflects me as a person and exposes my hidden desires.

LittleCrow said:
I used to play the sims too. I would usually spend a lot of time tending my garden and focusing on getting my skills up, studying way to hard. The need to be social came and I would only focus on partying and talking. Then there were times I would cause nothing but mayhem, being a jerk to everyone, hurting their feelings, beating them up and causing trouble. I think this reflects me as a person and exposes my hidden desires.

I play my games as perfect as I can. High in their careers. Lots of money. Skills. Good figures. Everything. I too think it reflects what I wants as a person. I just don't have those things.

TheLonelyBones said:
LittleCrow said:

I play my games as perfect as I can. High in their careers. Lots of money. Skills. Good figures. Everything. I too think it reflects what I wants as a person. I just don't have those things.

It would be so much easier if life was a game.

Latest posts

Back