Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there 

I just signed up to a Lonely Life. I'm a 25 year old female from the UK. I have been "lonely" for many years. I have a wonderful family and a partner who adores me but I have no one to call a "Friend". I work full time in an office where there is only two other people and so I don't find this an easy way to make friends. Plus I get so awkward in social situations. I don't know how I ended up with a partner!

I very much into tech and games (particularly The Sims) and I have a small dog who is our world. I try to challenge myself when I am out walking the dog to speak to people (other dog walkers) but I get so nervous that I end up walking away with a simple "Hi". 

Anyway, I'm hoping to meet some new people and make some friends here.

Hello there, and welcome.

But I'm curious on one thing; you have a partner, a fiance from what I've read, who adores you, but still no friends? Not even him?

When I was in a relationship both times, both of those girls started out as my best friend before I grew to love them more. Like, if your partner can't at least be a friend for you, that's concerning.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Hello there, and welcome.

But I'm curious on one thing; you have a partner, a fiance from what I've read, who adores you, but still no friends? Not even him?

When I was in a relationship both times, both of those girls started out as my best friend before I grew to love them more. Like, if your partner can't at least be a friend for you, that's concerning.

Oh no no, that's not what I meant. He is my best friend. I just meant that I don't have any friends other than him.

Well, that's good, at least.

So, what other kind of friends do you want? Like girlfriends to go out and about with and the like?

If you're so awkward and whatnot, how did you wind up meeting him? And how long ago?
Maybe you could utilize the same strategy to find other friends too. That would at least be my first course of action.

Well, that's good, at least.

So, what other kind of friends do you want? Like girlfriends to go out and about with and the like?

If you're so awkward and whatnot, how did you wind up meeting him? And how long ago?
Maybe you could utilize the same strategy to find other friends too. That would at least be my first course of action.

Anyone that I can be close with and confide in. I like so many different things, animals, shopping, gaming, I'm a foodie. Just anyone I connect with, I'm good with. 

I met my partner online. We've been together 4.5 years and it's the most solid connection I have ever had.

Raph said:

Thank you!

Hello Lonely Bones. Nice to meet you. Your screen name immediately made me start imagining what a protagonist named Lonely Bones might be up to in a story. (The writer in me always sees potential story material).

MsWordSalad said:
Hello Lonely Bones. Nice to meet you. Your screen name immediately made me start imagining what a protagonist named Lonely Bones might be up to in a story. (The writer in me always sees potential story material).

Hi! And thank you for the welcome. 

That is very true. I chose this name because on the night I signed up here, I had just watched a film called 'The Lovely Bones.'

TheLonelyBones said:
MsWordSalad said:

That is very true. I chose this name because on the night I signed up here, I had just watched a film called 'The Lovely Bones.'

I'm truly sorry you had to go through that.

TheLonelyBones said:
MsWordSalad said:

Excuse me?

TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:
MsWordSalad said:

Excuse me?

It's the all-time cringefest movie. I don't blame you for feeling a bit depressed afterwards.

TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:
MsWordSalad said:

Excuse me?

It's the all-time cringefest movie. I don't blame you for feeling a bit depressed afterwards.

I'm not sure what is cringey about a young girl getting murdered. And no, I didn't feel 'a bit depressed' afterwards. I suffer very badly with depression.

TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:

Excuse me?

I'm not sure what is cringey about a young girl getting murdered. And no, I didn't feel 'a bit depressed' afterwards. I suffer very badly with depression.

I didn't think I'd literally have to spell out what I meant.

It's cringey because of how embarrassing of a movie it is. Not the subject matter. It's not a good adaptation.

TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:

Excuse me?

It's cringey because of how embarrassing of a movie it is. Not the subject matter. It's not a good adaptation.

That's your opinion. I thought it was a great film.

TheLonelyBones said:
TheLonelyBones said:

Excuse me?

That's your opinion. I thought it was a great film.

Latest posts

Back