Have you played "The Sims"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Pixel

Reaction score
While I was writing a Thread about me something remembered me of the sims.

This remembers me when I played the Sims. I always had trouble to satisfy the social need, because I didn't want to spend half of my time letting my sims interact with others. When you want to leave your house to meet with others, you always need to load the new place, and then you can't control other sims in your household, so I ended up letting my sims phoning people while eating and watching TV. Somehow programming games 10 hours a day wasn't enough fun so they had to watch TV. How I played the sims really reflects me quite accurately. I guess this would be an interesting thread. 

It's interesting to see how much how you play a game can reflect you as a person. Especially in a game that tries to simulate life like the sims. What did you do to satisfy the social needs of your sims? Is there something you let your sims do, what you don't do in your life? What would you do differently in your life if it was like the sims?

One household I played, consisted of two brothers, who both had the "bro" trait so they could be close brothers. But in the end, they ended up doing their own thing. One was making games and following a tech career, and the other one was exploring space, gardening and increasing his logic skill. They didn't speak a lot to each other and their relationship was falling apart. I never really enjoyed the conversations in the sims, because they are time-consuming and not really exciting to watch.

But I don't really play games anymore, which is interesting if you describe yourself as a game developer, but I have become the sim who is making games 10 hours a day. Would be nice to hear what others did when playing the sims. My original thread got a few replies about that topic, so I made this Thread to focus more on this.

I found the full boxset of the Sims 2 on PC at a yard sale for one dollar years back. I had heard nothing but good things about it, and it was a good deal.

Even when I ran out of other games to play, and knew it was there, and even that my computer could handle it, I never tried it. For years. And then I eventually just resold it for 5.

I don't know, I can't say if I would've liked it or not, but something about it prevented me from trying it, I guess. Maybe it's not my genre of choice or I got ultra sick of simulation/life games, but yeah. That's about my only experience, and it was a non-experience.

Spent a lot of time building gardens, making then pretty and perfect.
I like building a pool without a way for them to get out, they just keep swimming until the end.

LittleCrow said:
I like building a pool without a way for them to get out, they just keep swimming until the end.

That's.... unexpectedly sinister, haha.

I approached each Sim as their own specific character and what they would want and need. I spent more time building homes and places, and of course using the cheat options never hurt. :D

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
LittleCrow said:

That's.... unexpectedly sinister, haha.

I don’t act out on my mean side so usually the npc gets it.

I love the sims. I have all of the packs for The Sims 4. I'm terrible at building :D lol.

I usually end up playing my games with getting them to be as "great" as possible. High in their career level, lots of money etc or they have a real successful family. I guess that might be the way that I want to be in real life. But depression stops me from being so driven.

I've been playing the sims since the very first one :D

TheLonelyBones said:
I love the sims. I have all of the packs for The Sims 4. I'm terrible at building :D lol.

I usually end up playing my games with getting them to be as "great" as possible. High in their career level, lots of money etc or they have a real successful family. I guess that might be the way that I want to be in real life. But depression stops me from being so driven.

I've been playing the sims since the very first one :D

I played since the beginning too. I haven’t played it as much as I used to, now I have moved on to other games. I want the pack where you get to have animals on sims 4. How do you like that one?

I only got into it with Sims 3 but I sank a couple hundred hours into it. Being a completionist, I tried to become great at every skill and every job to gain all the possible rewards while becoming rich in the process and buying up the neighborhood. I always picked the loner trait because that seemed fitting yet useful and I didn't really like interacting with my neighbors anyway. After some add-ons I always made an inventor sim just to create a SimBot which I took as my only character because it seemed superior in almost every way for my purposes. Especially because talking to the microwave was sufficient to satisfy any social urges. I always had a thing for building houses too, so coming up with interesting designs and themes was also a fun way to spend my time there.

Rodent said:
I only got into it with Sims 3 but I sank a couple hundred hours into it. Being a completionist, I tried to become great at every skill and every job to gain all the possible rewards while becoming rich in the process and buying up the neighborhood. I always picked the loner trait because that seemed fitting yet useful and I didn't really like interacting with my neighbors anyway. After some add-ons I always made an inventor sim just to create a SimBot which I took as my only character because it seemed superior in almost every way for my purposes. Especially because talking to the microwave was sufficient to satisfy any social urges. I always had a thing for building houses too, so coming up with interesting designs and themes was also a fun way to spend my time there.

I’m horrible at building houses but I do enjoy decorating them, each house got their own theme. The money cheat is essential.

Great thread! I started with the The Sims 2. I later went back and played the Sims 1. I played Sims 3 which were full of bugs and had become unplayable then they brought out Sims 4. I have hundreds of hours invested in that game.

I usually get my Sims mastered in skills and to the top of their careers. I like to start them off poor and build them up. I like the club feature where you can group friends together and hang out. But yeah, they’re everything I’m not. I haven’t played much lately because I’ve discovered a new hobby.

Latest posts

Back