TV Shows you used to watch all the time but not anymore?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any particular reason why?

For me, I remember watching Bar Rescue a lot, but it started to get really old. It was basically the same thing almost 99.9% of the time and thus it began to feel scripted.

The plot of the show as renowned bar expert John Taffer goes around the country fixing bars. But the pattern was bad bar, forced antagonism, he fixes it in the end.

I get that's his goal, but when it follows almost the exact same routine every episode, it gets boring. The only ones I seem to recall really liking where the ones where he walked out or couldn't fix.

But yeah, haven't watched it in nearly a year and I don't miss it.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Charmed.

I absolutely loved the shows when I was a kid, is the thing.
But I've gotten to where they just...don't appeal to me anymore.
I appreciate the occasional humor hither and dither in some episodes, but the plot on the general whole kind of...trails off?

The irony of it is that I'm actually a huge horror movie fan and witchcraft buff. But I find that the family-oriented, right/left, right/wrong, kind of dichotomous differences displayed in the shows is very much a teenage application.

Now in regards to that, they were great for their time and I loved growing up with them, but as an adult I'm just totally disenchanted.
If I get a sputter of nostalgia, I'll watch a few episodes, but I never get through an entire season.

I remember Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The first episode that comes to mind was the one where Carlton finds a bottle of pills in Wills locker at school. He takes them and it turns out it is drugs, so he get really sick and almost dies. Kind of overly states that taking drugs is really bad. I think it ends with Will crying and apologizing to Carlton. Thank you for reminding me of that Raph. 😁
I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had a crush on Angel so he was the reason I watched it.
When I was very young I used to watch The Days of Our Lives. So much drama that half of it would be enough. Someone’s always dying or being threatened, there is always a lot of jealousy and intrigue. Now I can’t stand those shows, can’t even watch an episode of that stuff, all the drama annoys me too much.

I used to be obsessed with Smallville when I was younger. Now all I see is cringe whenever I watch it lol.

I also fell off of Anime in general. Newest anime I last watched and loved was Sword Art Online lol. I used to be more open to new things. Now, I find myself being more picky with my viewing time. Off-topic but somewhat related; I used to love playing every incarnation of Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts. Still haven't beaten KH III or FF XV despite getting them both at launch. Geek procrastination lmao. :(

All of them. I don't watch TV anymore because I have no time. And I see enough spoilers on facebook to know whats happened anyway. Although, I've never watched Game of Thrones so I have no idea what the fuss is about

I was addicted to LOST, binge-watched 5 seasons at a stretch. I really loved the show despite all the incorrect science and far fetched theories. But the last few seasons felt such a drag that I "lost" interest in LOST

Used to watch "The Bill" and "Blue Heelers" (both long since ended)
until they got too soapy.  "Farscape" was great for a while because
--Claudia Black-- but it got sillier and sillier as the seasons went on.

Latest posts

Back