Angry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilE

Reaction score
I hate the fact that no one ever wants to be my friend or want anything to do with me, literally everyone. Things that I would have in common with people, spiritual, artistic, mental health, they all reject me. I think that if there were a group of rejects that formed a group together, I would be rejected by them. My own relatives ignore me and leave me out of things. It ******* pisses me off. The worst rejection I have ever felt was that as a friend, people not liking me at my core level as a person. It is ten times worse than romantic rejection.

Can you elaborate on everyone? Do you truly mean it literally?

Do you have zero friends online AND offline? And does that mean you have NEVER had one?

I could understand your frustration a bit more if you could at least elaborate on that.
I also have to ask on this "friend" who rejected you. If this was his approach, how did you ever decide to become friends from the start? And then how long did it last?

The only other thing I can add from reading what is there, is that just because you share interests with someone does not guarantee a connection with them. Even if they're big things, like religion and other worldviews.
And the same can be true that you can get along with someone who you have virtually nothing in common with.

lilE said:
I hate the fact that no one ever wants to be my friend or want anything to do with me, literally everyone. Things that I would have in common with people, spiritual, artistic, mental health, they all reject me. I think that if there were a group of rejects that formed a group together, I would be rejected by them. My own relatives ignore me and leave me out of things. It ******* pisses me off. The worst rejection I have ever felt was that as a friend, people not liking me at my core level as a person. It is ten times worse than romantic rejection.

lilE said:

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this. Rejection can be very painful and we've all experienced this at several points in our lives. When it's a family member that's doing the rejecting and making us fee unwanted, and I've had that happen, it's strikes us a totally different chord. The truth is it can hurt beyond what we could have imagined.

But far beyond the hurt is my knowing that I am loved and completed accepted by my Creator. I don't know if you believe in God but I believe that each and every time someone rejects or wants nothing to do with us for whatever the reason, He is lovingly protecting us from present and future harm of being associated with that individual or being in their company. [/font]
[font=Calibri, sans-serif]

I'd like to share with you resource that speaks to that very belief and the other positive elements about rejection itself and how our thinking can change our emotions and view of life -- [size=medium][font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://bit.ly/2UhJLDB.[/font][/SIZE] I hope you will receive some comfort the next time you're feeling rejected or unloved by anyone. And simply to know that you are loved by God far more than you could ever imagine.

Praying for you and sending you a big virtual hug![/font]

Uh.... that link looks kinda shifty.

Why did you put it in that format instead of outright? Your reply looks almost like a sales pitch now.... and I'm not sure that's allowed....

There is no sales link, it's not not allowed.

@lilE, I can only partially relate to what you've said. I've never felt as what you've described with such anger in you.
Why do you think people reject you? What makes them do it?

Sci-Fi said:
There is no sales link, it's not not allowed.  

@lilE, I can only partially relate to what you've said.  I've never felt as what you've described with such anger in you.  
Why do you think people reject you?  What makes them do it?

Nice. But better to check to make sure. Those kind of links always make me wary at first glance.

lilE said:

All of that has happened to me too, including the part in bold. Yes, that actually happened. I got rejected out of the group of rejects I was hanging out with entirely pretty much for being more introverted than extroverted, more bookish than social, more willing to read than watch shows on Netflix semi-relating to our subculture.

Thankfully, I happen to be a stand-alone complex badass.
Sssooo in the fallout of me dealing with them as the toxic people that they became with little to no respect for me, I just stopped talking to them entirely. I forwardly told them that I would not be socially available due to personal factors relating to my life (which is true, but I don't like confrontation, so I intentionally dodged the bullet) and gave them my email to reach me at should they need to reach me.

I even know WHY they're like that, too.
They have a tendency to put themselves into a plethora of overwhelming situations that generate extremely high levels of anxiety.
The trouble is, I can't keep up with that kind of a thing socially. It's much too exhausting for me.

Also, I'm kind of fundamentally against trying to be something I'm not for the sake of "rolling with the pack."

I'm supposed to see them again at the end of the month...for the first time in like a year to a year-and-a-half.
I'll probably just off-shoot it. This one event that I'd already made a promise to be at, I'm going to uphold that, but I will not swear myself to any future endeavors. I just can't financially or psychologically handle going through the up and down of it all over again to appease the egos of other people. So, I've gotta do what I've gotta do, and I'm gonna kind of leave it at that.

lilE said:

We're brothers

It hurts to be rejected. I’m closed off most of the time, rejecting myself in a way. I’m here if you want to talk. I'm very dumb.

Latest posts

Back