Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Needing some advice
It sounds like you've tried that option already. I would not put much stake into it.

You're going to have to be upfront with her and tell her that her behavior, both external with these goings-on and the religion-geared focus are really bothering you. And if she still just goes to that same tired old idea, then it's time to try something new. She's not going to help.

Can you really gear up to drop all that and be concise so she'll hopefully understand?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-07-2019, 05:03 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: It sounds like you've tried that option already. I would not put much stake into it.

You're going to have to be upfront with her and tell her that her behavior, both external with these goings-on and the religion-geared focus are really bothering you. And if she still just goes to that same tired old idea, then it's time to try something new. She's not going to help.

Can you really gear up to drop all that and be concise so she'll hopefully understand?
I've been avoiding doing it because I'm not sure what it'd lead to regarding our relationship,as it's been pretty odd ever since my dad passed away.Sometimes she's cool and etc and doesn't mind but other times she's a little too obsessed with her religion.I fear we'd never see each other the same if I told her about how I just don't want to be religious and that she acts bad with others and me because of it,she seems to have big expectations on me and my younger sibling regarding this whole topic.The worst part is,I've wanted to get into the religion for a long time but her acting has made me discouraged to join in.I remember being much more fond of it when I was younger but that love faded after I didn't have my dad any more.Most of the people I've met on my religious experiences,like going on temples and etc,aren't as passive-aggressive as my mom and if I recall correctly,I don't remember my dad ever forcing me to do anything religious if I didn't feel like it.The thing that made me avoid it was how much of a forced task my parents made it seem like,constantly telling me to "chant the mantras" or other things every single day on a constant routine.
Well, I hope the relationship you two have as mother and son can circumvent the religious disagreements. If you can't have that, then the problems between you go a lot deeper, to be honest.

So, when you talk to her, mention everything here to her as well, and see if she can understand. It's going to be intense and hard, but it sounds like it's something that needs to be done.

I wish you all the best of luck and keep me updated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks again,I'll make sure to update on what happens after it.
Update coming up.
So I wasn't able to find the courage to confront my mom but she seems to have calmed down after she noticed I wasn't too well.
I also spoke to quite a few school authorities after people saw I needed help and my situation has been getting better so far.People have really been making sure to talk to me usually when they can and doing a lot of nice stuff and that's certainly helped me get over the constant fear of what could happen and as the days go by,I'm starting to stop thinking of the full future and just letting things happen naturally.
So far I've been feeling better and I haven't spent as much time on my own as before.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice? SpectraApocalypse 18 1,293 09-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  Need advice: anxious about my first social gathering in like 10 years StonedHitman 3 1,203 09-04-2017, 02:04 AM
Last Post: NewOrder2016
  Advice? GambleInTheWind 20 4,004 09-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: GambleInTheWind
  Empty/worthless - Update - Advice needed Legato 5 2,092 04-14-2015, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Despicable Me
  Advice on a Life Worth Living N1616** 13 4,402 03-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ichat
  I need advice Lonelyconfusedlost 5 1,527 11-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Red
  I need some advice aspalas 4 1,611 08-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Last Post: aspalas
  need advice/consultation regarding few issues pizh0n 4 1,731 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Ignis
  My life, advice? lonely_men 7 2,437 03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Advice or venting? joejoeyjoseph 4 2,284 02-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Ak5