New member of the lonely gang

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored

Reaction score
Hi people

After about an hour of trying to decide what to write in this post, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to go into too much detail about myself here as what would I write about on threads?!?  Isn't there a saying which says you should leave people wanting more?

So anyway, a brief overview, I've always tried to a positive person and have managed to see the bright side of any situation. But 
I find myself in new uncharted territory. I'm completely and utterly alone. I can not shake this horrid feeling of loneliness. And can't see any light at the end of the tunnel right now. 

Last night I sat in silence in my lounge looking through my phone contacts looking for someone to call. And the only people I could see where my sister and my mum. They both live quite far away from me and we don't have a great relationship. Not that we don't get on but due to the life style growing up, we are not close and they are not the most loving of people. But out of despair, I called them. My sis was going out and my mum didn't really want to talk as "she didn't have anything to say to me" and "she wanted to get back to watching Britain's got Talent" (sums up our relationship!) . I wasnt even bothered about talking, just having someone on the end of the phone even in silence would have been enough.

I also have a friend from school who lives a long way from me as well. But everytime I've tried to talk to her she's been to busy. And I've come to realise that she'll only talk to me when she needs some thing (bit like my mum and sis).

My best friend and long term partner left me about 2 months ago for someone else. Turns out he wasn't the person I thought he was. I now live alone with my dog who I'm beginning to feel sorry for as I'm struggling now to even take him out round the block. Not good. 

So that's where I'm at at the minute! Don't know about leaving people wanting more after all that but hey ho.

That's a lot of aloneness. Living as alone as that is kind of comparable to living with a few essential nutrients missing from one's diet....it's unsustainable. I know because I've been that alone, before.
I'm glad you're here, Ignored. Most of the others on this forum are pretty good people.

Welcome to the forum ...there's quite a few people to chat with here....goodluck

Hi.

There's a lot of us that feel the same way and are in the same situation. Hopefully we can help.

Latest posts

Back