Loneliness - Cause, Effect, and Solution for a Select Group of People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlertChristians

Reaction score
People live separated and often around those who are not their own kind (type). Plus, there often is a lack of free, safe, and easily accessible places to associate, socialize, and work together on common goals. Collectively, this is a major "cause" of loneliness, with loneliness being the "effect".

The "solution"...
This no longer will be a problem for a select group of people, who are not specified here in order to comply with rules of this forum at https://www.alonelylife.com. This select group will physically live around their own kind (type) in pleasant living conditions. And, they will have free and safe 24 hour use of easily accessible common areas, indoors and outdoors. They will voluntarily agree to live carefully guided lives, loving each other with a selfless love, all with the same heart and mind, and in one accord. 

AlertChristians

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Because that's obviously what it is.

well its not a very good one... how are these "select people" supposed to know where to go... or what flavors of kool aid are available? I mean... pshh... that's a major selling point.

kaetic said:
Because that's obviously what it is.

well its not a very good one... how are these "select people" supposed to know where to go... or what flavors of kool aid are available? I mean... pshh... that's a major selling point.

All of his posts are pushing some sort of agenda, to me. I feel like it was the only reason he even registered.

Do you get humor?

He could just be obsessed with conspiracy theories, or trying to push his "truth" on here despite having been told about the rules. I used to belong to a group that made it sound like it was life or death to convert people, grew up in it actually. It's a difficult mindset to change. Even if you know differently, you feel like you're a horrible human being for not following all these lessons, because you were conditioned to for so long. My last contact with them was when I was 23 and it took me over ten years after that before I could celebrate my own birthday without feeling guilty about it.

Now I get what your issue is... You want to make sure that the "weaker" people on here don't fall prey to some one like this, right? Seems to be important to you to be the most helpful one... and you even made your signature a video game hero. (never played that one, but it looks cool I'd like to whenever I get a ps4) Sorry if I'm over-analyzing, something I do. But you have to trust that people are smarter than that, all you really need to do is call attention to it and let the mods do their job. I say this because you seem to be oddly worked up about this guy/gal/whatever, who for all we know is just trolling the forum.

kaetic said:
Do you get humor?

He could just be obsessed with conspiracy theories, or trying to push his "truth" on here despite having been told about the rules. I used to belong to a group that made it sound like it was life or death to convert people, grew up in it actually. It's a difficult mindset to change. Even if you know differently, you feel like you're a horrible human being for not following all these lessons, because you were conditioned to for so long. My last contact with them was when I was 23 and it took me over ten years after that before I could celebrate my own birthday without feeling guilty about it.

Now I get what your issue is... You want to make sure that the "weaker" people on here don't fall prey to some one like this, right? Seems to be important to you to be the most helpful one... and you even made your signature a video game hero. (never played that one, but it looks cool I'd like to whenever I get a ps4) Sorry if I'm over-analyzing, something I do. But you have to trust that people are smarter than that, all you really need to do is call attention to it and let the mods do their job. I say this because you seem to be oddly worked up about this guy/gal/whatever, who for all we know is just trolling the forum.

What was up with this tangent you went on?

That was... bizarre.

I even left this guy positive reputation as an apology for his first topic, after Sci-Fi made it clear that accusing him of being humorless was not a fitting welcome.

And I read his topics, but they just look like they're pushing an agenda to me, so I comment on it. No one is going to "fall" for this or anything; there's literally nothing to fall for. But I'm going to state what I feel; and I'm sorry if that alone offends people.
Commenting on something like this is a lot different than someone asking for help and getting detrimental advice, vs odd ramblings or obvious spam.
That's the thing though: I'm genuinely curious if he is the same guy, trolling, or just had a very weird reason to sign up here; it baffles me. It doesn't seem like trolling to me; it's not accomplishing much, or even funny; it almost seems legit and obsessive... or it's a bot that can resist posting advertising links.
I'd believe both.

The guy never replies though, so who knows?

I said I tend to over-analyze, and it was based on more than just this thread. More like just the type of posts I've seen from you over time. I'm just guessing that the "tangent" you were referring to was the part about you.
I didn't say I was offended... not sure where that came from. Maybe a little offended that you didn't like my joke... but I'll get over it.

I thought he answered on the first thread. Maybe he just didn't like the replies?

AlertChristians said:
People live separated and often around those who are not their own kind (type). Plus, there often is a lack of free, safe, and easily accessible places to associate, socialize, and work together on common goals. Collectively, this is a major "cause" of loneliness, with loneliness being the "effect".

The "solution"...
This no longer will be a problem for a select group of people, who are not specified here in order to comply with rules of this forum at https://www.alonelylife.com. This select group will physically live around their own kind (type) in pleasant living conditions. And, they will have free and safe 24 hour use of easily accessible common areas, indoors and outdoors. They will voluntarily agree to live carefully guided lives, loving each other with a selfless love, all with the same heart and mind, and in one accord. 

AlertChristians

Loneliness (14 users browsing)
Discuss it's causes, effects, and solutions. 
Moderated By: Sci-Fi, VanillaCreme

I trust my original post falls in line with this forum's stated purpose, to discuss cause, effect, solution for loneliness.

Is there anyone here at A Lonely Life who would care to discuss my original post according to the forum's guideline?

Sounds to me like an invitation to a Commune.
I like it, it's so retro.
As long as it isn't led by Manson and the orgies don't last 9 hours.

Sure, while I'm sure a sense of community would help some with their loneliness issues... A cult brings a while new set of problems with it. Maybe you didn't mean to imply people should join a cult... Richard suggested commune... I hadn't thought of that, it is an interesting idea.

kaetic said:
Sure, while I'm sure a sense of community would help some with their loneliness issues... A cult brings a while new set of problems with it. Maybe you didn't mean to imply people should join a cult... Richard suggested commune... I hadn't thought of that, it is an interesting idea.

There are ways of filtering out the unqualified types, such as the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal, murderers, the Charlie Manson types, etc. I have a thread about this type of thing here - https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39815.

The poll in that thread currently shows 3 out of 4 members of A Lonely Life (see attached) want murderers (predators) to remain among the general population. And, no one posting in that thread has agreed with me to separate the murderers from the general population.

Seems to me the general population would agree with separating murderers (including cannibals) from the rest of us. Surely that poll and thread doesn't accurately represent popular opinion of the general population (excluding the unqualified types).

And so the select group of people that I wrote about in the original post would not be made up of the worst types of the world, but those who have the highest of values and standards, even those elected before the foundation of the world.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-17-21-43-07.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-17-21-43-07.png
    184 KB · Views: 152
kaetic said:
Do you get humor?

What was up with this tangent you went on?

That was... bizarre.

I even left this guy positive reputation as an apology for his first topic, after Sci-Fi made it clear that accusing him of being humorless was not a fitting welcome.

And I read his topics, but they just look like they're pushing an agenda to me, so I comment on it. No one is going to "fall" for this or anything; there's literally nothing to fall for. But I'm going to state what I feel; and I'm sorry if that alone offends people.
Commenting on something like this is a lot different than someone asking for help and getting detrimental advice, vs odd ramblings or obvious spam.
That's the thing though: I'm genuinely curious if he is the same guy, trolling, or just had a very weird reason to sign up here; it baffles me. It doesn't seem like trolling to me; it's not accomplishing much, or even funny; it almost seems legit and obsessive... or it's a bot that can resist posting advertising links.
I'd believe both.

The guy never replies though, so who knows?

I enjoy both of you, don't fight please <3 (Plus Enpatsu's persona is working out for him though, whenever he replies somewhere in a thread I've posted, I feel very protected :p )

AlertChristians said:

The "solution"...

AlertChristians

I write about the cause, effect and solution for loneliness. And not one member at A Lonely Life addresses my original post, but instead members post a rash of OFF TOPIC character assassination posts.

Isn't there anyone here interested in discussing loneliness - the cause, effect, and solution?

AlertChristians said:
AlertChristians said:

The "solution"...

AlertChristians

I write about the cause, effect and solution for loneliness. And not one member at A Lonely Life addresses my original post, but instead members post a rash of OFF TOPIC character assassination posts.

Isn't there anyone here interested in discussing loneliness - the cause, effect, and solution?

Okay, fine.  Tell me more about this place of yours.

You want to know why no one is taking you seriously?  Because it's unrealistic.  You seem to have this idea that anyone, anywhere can just pick up and leave their lives.  Not many can do that.  and this "cause, effect and solution" of yours is just that...YOURS.  Your ideas won't work for everyone and besides that, they kind of need to figure honeysuckle out on  their own.  Sure they can take advice and rework it so it will fit their own needs, but you can't just give someone the perfect solution.  It doesn't exist and neither does your utopia.
Also, aside from the fact that your idea here is unrealistic, you aren't very welcoming to any message that isn't perfectly worded the way YOU think it should be worded.  Any resistance/disagreement from anyone and you cry foul.  You don't join in with the rest of the forum.  You just make your own (conspiracy theory, I might add) threads and act like you are superior to any of us peasants here trying to live our lives and get through them a little easier with people that have some of the same problems.  

Let me ask you this....why are you here?  I mean really.  Is it just to throw religion at us and condemn people you believe are evil?  Because that's really all you do.  You don't interact with the rest of us unless you want to "***** and whine" about what we post, so why exactly should we take you seriously?

I'm sure you will say that all this is off topic and I shouldn't be posting this and give a bunch of excuses on why I shouldn't be in (yet another) thread of yours and probably even report me, but you know what....I don't care.  You asked, I answered.  It's not exactly off topic, it's not mocking.  It's REAL and it's the truth.

kaetic said:
Now I get what your issue is... You want to make sure that the "weaker" people on here don't fall prey to some one like this, right? Seems to be important to you to be the most helpful one...

Today's vocab word is..."sanctimonious"

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

/ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/

making a show of being morally superior to other people, especially hypocritically

synonyms: self-righteous, holier-than-thou, churchy, pious, pietistic, moralizing, unctuous, smug, superior, priggish, mealy-mouthed, hypocritical, insincere, for form's sake, to keep up appearances; informal: goody-goody

Pretty sure that guy only cares about having a "hero" image, rather than actually solving any kind of problem or even being a decent person. After all, nothing says "heroic" like going out of one's way to honeysuckle on people having a hard time, when just going about one's business is also an option. Also I have strong doubts about his social "success", I think his claims might be more than a little exaggerated - again, probably to play into this "hero" image. Speaking of Kool-Aid, don't drink his.

Anyway, back on topic.

You said this place was free, but who is going to pay for it? Someone has to, somewhere down the line.

Also, not everyone will want to solve their loneliness problem in the same way. I imagine most people want to fix parts of their current lives, rather than totally start over.

Heroic White Knight who makes a point of offering "support" to the younger female members on the forum...

ardour said:
Heroic White Knight who makes a point of offering "support" to the younger female members on the forum...

No "support" for the older women though.  Why not?  Doesn't he SEE THEM AS PEOPLE?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence though  :p

TheRealCallie said:
AlertChristians said:
AlertChristians said:

The "solution"...

AlertChristians

Okay, fine.  Tell me more about this place of yours.

You want to know why no one is taking you seriously?  Because it's unrealistic.  You seem to have this idea that anyone, anywhere can just pick up and leave their lives.  Not many can do that.  and this "cause, effect and solution" of yours is just that...YOURS.  Your ideas won't work for everyone and besides that, they kind of need to figure honeysuckle out on  their own.  Sure they can take advice and rework it so it will fit their own needs, but you can't just give someone the perfect solution.  It doesn't exist and neither does your utopia.
Also, aside from the fact that your idea here is unrealistic, you aren't very welcoming to any message that isn't perfectly worded the way YOU think it should be worded.  Any resistance/disagreement from anyone and you cry foul.  You don't join in with the rest of the forum.  You just make your own (conspiracy theory, I might add) threads and act like you are superior to any of us peasants here trying to live our lives and get through them a little easier with people that have some of the same problems.  

Let me ask you this....why are you here?  I mean really.  Is it just to throw religion at us and condemn people you believe are evil?  Because that's really all you do.  You don't interact with the rest of us unless you want to "***** and whine" about what we post, so why exactly should we take you seriously?

I'm sure you will say that all this is off topic and I shouldn't be posting this and give a bunch of excuses on why I shouldn't be in (yet another) thread of yours and probably even report me, but you know what....I don't care.  You asked, I answered.  It's not exactly off topic, it's not mocking.  It's REAL and it's the truth.

The topic of the thread is regarding a select group of people. You post as though you don't want to be included, and so perhaps you won't be.

AlertChristians said:
AlertChristians said:

The "solution"...

AlertChristians

character assassination posts? I might have gotten a little rude with empatsu, and we took care of it elsewhere, but everyone who bothered to post on any of your threads is taking time out of their lives to try and understand what you're talking about. You have to admit, at the very least, it sounds unusual.

I have to say this, and I hope I don't upset you. But you think god is talking to you. You think that supernatural creatures are causing every illness, and trying to "tempt" you on the bus. You think that random people doing everyday things are secretly plotting against you... I'm worried because you don't seem to recognize how bizarre this all sounds. If I thought god were talking to me, my first thought would be "I've finally lost it." Have you never had a moment where you thought this was all crazy?

Latest posts

Back