Hello Everyone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that you on your profile picture?

From your username, I would think you are into tech stuff. In what things particular, because I'm really into a lot of technology.

Welcome here!

How is everything cutie?! that is glorious ol' me ... 

I'm I to just about anything electronic from guitars to high end computers.

AUTO CORRECT! MY GOD! I meant to say "Hey how is everything!"

Did not mean to call you a cutie. Oh good grief ...

I'm into animation, programming, graphic design, video editing, pc hardware, and computer science.

I've built my own PC and make games and videos. Also, I'm working with pixel art and vector graphics. Moreover, I can program in C#, HTML, CSS, and JS. And I'm interested in computer science, therefore I know how a computer works from the transistor scale up to software. It would be awesome if I could find someone who knows about a lot about computer science because I made a video on this topic, but I'm not an expert, so I could have made some mistakes. I guess when people say they are into tech they mean it more general.

We speak the same language, current build:
MSI Godlike Z370
i9 9900K
NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti (watercooler custom; so is processor)
64 GB DDR4 G.SKILL @ 3644
1.5 KW PLATINUM CERT PSU
4 Terabytes (4) Samsung M.2 NVME 370 PRO

You get the picture. Fluent in Python, C (all versions), Java, Visual, Oracle.

That's a nice built. Maybe it's a bit overkill. Do you really need all the horsepower and for what?

My PC is 1 year and 4 months old and had a smaller budget than your system. But for my age and the fact, I don't have a job it's decent.

MSI B350 Tomahawk
Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz
16GB DDR4 Ballistix sport @ 29933 Mhz
500W be quiet! Pure Power 10
500 GB Samsung SSD, 1 TB HDD
1 Cheap FHD Monitor, 1 IPS 4K LG Monitor(It was the cheapest 4K IPS ~250€)

I don't really play a lot of game but for video editing and programming I need some power.

How can you fill 64GB of RAM? I can't fill my 16GB or do you just throw all that RAM in because you don't like empty slots:)

Do you know a lot about transistors, logic gates, ALU and a CPU? I've made a video on that topic, and I would like to hear if everything is correct.

What stuff are you doing with your system? Video editing? 3D modeling and animation? Programming? Open 300 Chrome tabs at once? Playing games in 4K? VR?

My RAM speed is 2933Mhz
and my GPU is an Asus Strix 1070ti @ I think it turbos up to 2Ghz.

I guess you make some mistakes when writing posts after 1 am.

As far as I know, RamDisks aren't that fast. They are still faster than SSD's, but you've got other problems because it's a volatile memory. What are using this storage space for?

Fast data retrieval (and they are far faster than SSDs, M.2 are catching up but any SATA SSD doesn't come close) from remote VPN requests.

To cut to the chase: we aren't measuring genatalia here. You made a couple of snide comments about my having (in your amateur speculation without knowledge of how I utilize) too much RAM and too much hardware (which really is a joke as it can be far surpassed) which reeks of envy.

We can discuss the above issue if you'd like ...

My point is: I listed my build and now every subsequent post you make seeks to find error, misuse or misjudgment; not my cup of tea.

I'd advise you get to know someone rather than nit-pick and speculate.

Seems everyone is an expert behind a screen massaging Google.

Was I clear? Or do I need to qualify yet something else?

That was very rude of you. 

Sorry if I offended you, but I didn't mean to criticize your system, I was just curious to know why you choose certain hardware for your build.

Oh my goodness...that really made me laugh when it auto corrected to 'cutie'!! So funny. If I need any help with computers you sound like the guys to speak to. :)

Wow, dude, no need to upset Pixel like that. He's a pretty chill guy who's very easy to talk to. Man, I thought he had made another friend here. Nor did he mean anything rude or anything by what he was saying.

Oh... I guess I didn't read far enough in the post. It's sad to see people using attacking language on someone who is just being nice and sharing an interest that they have.

It's also sad to see how we as people can sometimes read something negative into another words that isn't there. Misunderstandings and negative thinking can destroy friendships and relationships in an instant.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Bluesunshineday said:
Oh... I guess I didn't read far enough in the post. It's sad to see people using attacking language on someone who is just being nice and sharing an interest that they have.

It's also sad to see how we as people can sometimes read something negative into another words that isn't there. Misunderstandings and negative thinking can destroy friendships and relationships in an instant.

I agree with you. :)
Kindness and good manners are important.

Bluesunshineday said:

I haven't written on here since the day I wrote that. I felt, like you said within an instant, I wore out my welcome.

I do apologize for writing what I did -- it was a bad day, but this is no excuse as most are.

99.99% of the time I would never engage like that -- just a part of the entire mess that is me.

My apologies to all.

Chris.

[ATTACH=full said:
7[/ATTACH]Finished pid='926157' dateline='1610032061']

Well, the real question is how much RAM do you have now, how fast is it now, and what are you using it for? Ha! ha!

Exactly the same. I have not changed the RAM in any of my desktops or laptops. 64GB is overkill, but I'm an enthusiast. The current speed of my largest desktop RAM is 3666 MHz.

Usage includes mathematical modeling (I'm a chemist); signal transduction methods to create a visual model of compounds/molecules researched via Mass Spec, X-Ray Crystallography and coupled Inductive Plasma accelerated by GC-GC.

. . . and of course, gaming on occasion. Though much of this I do on my laptop.

I'll provide a picture of my best build, above . . .

Finished said:
Well, the real question is how much RAM do you have now, how fast is it now, and what are you using it for? Ha! ha!

Well . . . I attempted to embed the image (so you did not need to click a file) within the post. 

It appears the structure of these forums have some idiosyncrasies I need to get used to!

But the attachment can be found at the bottom of my reply.

Have a great day.

Chris.

Attachments

• comp corner.jpg
    comp corner.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back