Do people reject or judge you for opposing immigration?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germund

Reaction score
This is not a political thread where I want to discuss the pros and cons of immigration. And I most certainly do not want to hear from anyone who thinks that if a person opposes immigration, then he or she has a lot of bad things coming, on the premise that opposing immigration is in itself a bad thing. 

No, but instead I want to know if there are others here who have the same problem. Pro-immigration has been a major theme in contemporary politics and it continues to be a major theme in some countries. Opposition to it is still considered to be pariah in many countries. If there are other people here experiencing what I am experiencing then that speaks for the merits of this site, that's what I think. 

Do people reject or judge you for opposing immigration? If so, then this thread is for you.

In the US I didn't think the issue was even immigration so much as it is about illegal immigration (I try to follow the news as little as possible) but what countries are we talking about?

kaetic said:
In the US I didn't think the issue was even immigration so much as it is about illegal immigration (I try to follow the news as little as possible) but what countries are we talking about?

Thanks for your reply! Apply it to the conditions in your country and take it to be about illegal immigration as far as the US and you are concerned, that's all fine. It makes far less of a difference than you'd think, and I'm sure you'd be surprised if you learned about what's legal in some countries as far as immigration is concerned. Whatever is relevant to your situation will fly as long as you have experienced rejection or judgment over it.

Of course, in this ultra PC year, you will get all but burned at the stake even if you bring up valid points and references regarding any kind of immigration in any sort of negative way.

It's an all or nothing mentality and it's disgusting.

All or nothing is disgusting? lol

Who the hell cares whether people like you or judge you. It doesn't matter. Immigration is a political issue, so yeah, it will cause issues with those that are die hards. If people are going to reject you for that honeysuckle, fresia them.

Also, America wouldn't exist if it wasn't for immigration, so yeah, illegal immigration is the problem here and it's a big problem. On the other hand, you should take care of your own before inviting others in and taking care of them instead. So yeah, double edge sword....

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Of course, in this ultra PC year, you will get all but burned at the stake even if you bring up valid points and references regarding any kind of immigration in any sort of negative way.

Enpatsu, I wonder where you live in the world and what you are referring to by saying "this ultra PC year"?

Germund said:

Enpatsu, I wonder where you live in the world and what you are referring to by saying "this ultra PC year"?

PC means normally "personal computer" but it can also mean "Political Correctness". It is often referred to as PC/SJW too, where SJW stands for "Social Justice Warrior". I guess you get the picture of it now.

I had to look that up too, but I read it elsewhere.

Germund said:

The States. Political correctness has steadily been growing out of control.

Latest posts

Back