lonely right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesunshineday

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm lonely right now. Does any one have any advice or tips on how I can feel even a little bit better.

I've had a miserable day because I'm not at work. I'm a 41 year old single mum with nearly grown up children. I often feel like I'm just waiting to die. Being lonely is so painful. I find it so hard to make friends and live the life that other people seem to live so effortlessly. I struggle financially and so dont really do any thing except work. Having more human connections would help so much.

Maybe visualizing a better future and a way to get there could help getting through a miserable day.
I'm with you on the difficulty with making friends, and seeing how some other people seem to be happier is really tantalizing.
41 seems young to me. Too young to be waiting for death.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

I have a different life (no children) but I also go through the daily pain of loneliness. I honestly don’t know what gets me through the days I guess just putting one foot in front of the other.

Well, why did you register here? Obviously you want to change your situation. So, continue on with that goal; whether you realize it or not, you made a goal and took steps in accomplishing it.

And it's only been one day. Keep up with it and you'll see results. But it'll take some perseverance too.

Make threads, post more, start talking to people; never know what you might find.

Hello. I understand how you feel. I’ve felt that way and still does sometimes. You can message me. I’m always looking for friendships.

Hi! Im a 41 y/o mom as well, though I am a new Mom at this age! I am around to chat if you'd ever like.... feel free to PM me anytime~

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for sharing your post with us. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]These forums are great for sharing burdens, and venting. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] Even in the darkest moments in our lives there’s always hope[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif].  Let me tell you that you are an important, valuable and worthy person. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I’m sorry for what you are going through. Please, Can you explain us: Is there something that is causing you difficulty to make new friends?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]  [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] About your situation, have you thought of looking into finding social outlets such as charitable organizations, hobbies, church ministries or associations that offer recreational activities or charitable groups that help the less fortunate or [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]some outlets that do recreational activities?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]  Have you considered seeking therapy or counseling to help you diagnose what is causing you to feel lonely? [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Counseling or therapy works through things like this. You are worthy of fighting for[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif].  Counseling can help you with steps to help overcome being lonely.  Hope this helps. I’ll keep you in my prayers. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Latest posts

Back