Is there anyone out there?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you ever feel so lonely that you cry?

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Bluesunshineday

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and feeling pretty lonely tonight. It would be nice to get to know some of you on here.    :shy:

Hi Constant Stranger,

That's actually really sad that you have repressed the ability to cry. At the risk of being sexist - can I ask if you are male or female?

Hello ahsatan,

I cry a lot too! Not as much as when I was younger, but still, a lot!

Yes you can ask. I'm an aging single male. And I am in touch with my feelings. I tell myself that I express my feelings by the action some shrinks refer to as sublimation....I know that I could be deceiving myself about how effective that is. Nevertheless I functionally live through the years. Not very happily I'm afraid.

Functioning just isn't enough though is it? Has you r life always felt like this?

My life used to be so much better, which in some ways makes this 'survival mode' so much harder to bear, but in some ways it makes it easier - at least I had a good time in the past!

Getting up, working and going to bed lonely and feeling like a loser - that's all I seem to have now.

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Yeah you can ask. I'll be 66 on my next birthday.

I look back to a happier past myself. College in the '70's and a boyhood before that.

Your daily life description seems something like mine, in essence.

Our journeys aren't over.....so I tell myself. We ought to be able to do better.....

constant stranger said:
Yeah you can ask.  I'll be 66 on my next birthday.

I look back to a happier past myself.  College in the '70's and a boyhood before that.  

Your daily life description seems something like mine, in essence.

Our journeys aren't over.....so I tell myself.  We ought to be able to do better.....

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

I agree...our journeys are NOT over. I sometimes feel like I am on a break from life...but I don't know if I'll ever get back in...
So, how will we do better??

There's no short, easy answer to that is there? We can keep talking it over, maybe sort things out.....
Then make it effective in real life.
I inch along, step by step. I'm doing better now than I was a few years ago.
Had a lingering distraction in the matter of a difficult responsibility for quite a while. But that recently ended.

Latest posts

Back