Hello! Proud misanthrope here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you press it?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Pookie NumNums

Reaction score
Good day !   I am an extreme misanthrope  well minus the avoids society.   Not sure how people can be in this world and avoid society. 

You have no idea how much of a cancer I think the human race is.   We are disgusting creatures who need to be exterminated. 

This however doesn't give me free reign to be mean to people or treat them bad.   I do however absolutely hate having to deal with society. 

If someone sat me down at a table and said if you push that button in front of you it will make Earth explode.  I would press it without hesitation.   Seriously

Cheers!

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]C. S. Lewis[/font]

sunlight_hope said:
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]C. S. Lewis[/font]

OH that is just awesome!!  Maybe there are plenty of intelligent people out there that know what doomed  with no hope creatures we are.

I'm really sick of this ultra pessimism "hate everyone" approach so many people here latch onto and dwell on.

Maybe it's your guys' mindsets that's the problem, not everyone else's.

Change is possible, but it'll never happen with such stubborn mindsets that take the easy way out of simply whining and blaming everybody else; instead of making action to DO something about it. Gee, is whining and complaining helping anything? Or does it just make you feel worse?
Get off your ass, stop complaining, and start making changes if you don't like something. Whiners are just infuriating.

Hey welcome to the forum. 

This is really interesting never heard of this before..sheltered lonely life etc...but just wondering what brought you to this view of the world?What has your life been like if ok to ask and has it had a big influence on why you feel this way?Are you lonely like the rest of us here?

Also how would you have liked the world to have developed so much that you wouldn't feel the need to press the button?

No way would I push the button. There are more good people than bad - with lots of variety in between..

Human nature, in all it's complexity is a wondrous thing. Even something small like us right now - animals communicating with each other about our thoughts and feelings through the internet. So much to wonder at...

Pookie NumNums said:
Good day !   I am an extreme misanthrope  well minus the avoids society.   Not sure how people can be in this world and avoid society. 

You have no idea how much of a cancer I think the human race is.   We are disgusting creatures who need to be exterminated. 

This however doesn't give me free reign to be mean to people or treat them bad.   I do however absolutely hate having to deal with society. 

If someone sat me down at a table and said if you push that button in front of you it will make Earth explode.  I would press it without hesitation.   Seriously

Cheers!

This is exactly how I feel most days.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
I'm really sick of this ultra pessimism "hate everyone" approach so many people here latch onto and dwell on.

Change is possible, but it'll never happen with such stubborn mindsets that take the easy way out of simply whining and blaming everybody else; instead of making action to DO something about it. Gee, is whining and complaining helping anything? Or does it just make you feel worse?
Get off your ass, stop complaining, and start making changes if you don't like something. Whiners are just infuriating.

No one's whining or blaming anyone. And why is denying affirmation of life always read as such? It's simply a statement of observation. Some people are exhausted of the state of society and existence in general. It is what it is. And many people do attempt to make changes to increase their quality of life. Doesn't necessarily mean it will miraculously re-shape their outlook.

Does it have to be about me and what happened to me for me to think like this? Can't the rape , theft , murder, people tortured since the beginning of humanity be enough to despise and hate the human race and hate being part of the human race? The vile disgusting things that people do to each other is enough for me to despise being human.

Pookie NumNums said:
Does it have to be about me and what happened to me for me to think like this?   Can't the rape , theft , murder, people tortured since the beginning of humanity be enough to despise and hate the human race and hate being part of the human race?     The vile disgusting things that people do to each other is enough for me to despise being human.

If you hate the world and people and all that, why not stop focusing so much on the bad honeysuckle that happens? Yes, we all know there are some truly horrendous things happening in the world, but what about the truly beautiful things that are happening?

Do you acknowledge, even a little bit, that there is more than just "vile, disgusting things" happening?

If I could press a button and make it so that life had never started in the first place, just somehow make it so that the last four billion years of suffering had never happened....then I might.

But if I pressed the button to make the earth explode today then all that four billion years of pain would have been for nothing. I think you have to admit that over that time we have at least made some progress towards improving our living conditions. Hopefully one day we will stop torturing animals so that quality of life will improve for everyone. And who knows, maybe in another four, or eight, billion years we will have found a way to live where life is worthwhile for everyone all the time. Maybe life is still in a larval stage. Twelve billion years is a lot of suffering but it's nothing compared to the eternity of pleasure which we could potentially achieve. Just because we're not going to see it doesn't mean that it's not worth hoping for.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:

Funny. I feel similar to you but in reverse. I'm a moderate whom despises ultra conservatism and egocentric people make my blood boil thinking they are so sure of themselves of what a person is. Constantly making someone feel entirely misunderstood or "flawed" as if it's going to suddenly help, and that such an approach is so **** new. Guess what? It's not. "You guys'"? Lmao. How many canvas' have you painted here in such haste? And this guy, from those few sentences and 3 posts, where did you get those vast traits of the OP??

Gee, does belittling someone help any? Or are you hypocritically just venting your own views of politics and society too now?
With the push of a button, would you eliminate all whiners, liberals, SJWs, and/or people who play the victim?

It could be many things. Conditioning/experiences, anxiety, or mental health to name a few that could have caused some people to become pessimists. The human race clearly needs more empathy, kindness, and love as cheesy as it may freaking sound. NOT to be confused with coddling. And most importantly, everyone needs to stop treating other people like they're a lesser IQ or childish. Unfairly comparing them to others. From where I stand it looks to me that you both are the same but just on two different sides of the spectrum.

Not that entirely much different advice than you telling this guy to be more hopeful and not a pessimist/letting people get to them, no?

Some food for thought.

And I will openly admit, I'm hypocritically venting/defending because I'm personally a pessimist of society and keep to myself because of ultra conservatism. You can't fit into a world that misunderstands you and constantly tells you that you aren't right in the head. Liberals and conservatives are just as equally brainwashed/conforming imo. Lack of open mindedness which seemingly gets worse with age is the downfall of the human race in my opinion. It's a never ending cycle as we ironically and stubbornly stick to our traditions and old values. We get a false sense of experience and grow larger egos with age as we lose touch with ourselves. But that's MY view, not THE view. I'm far from perfect either and I have my own moments of conservatism/tough love but I try my best to not let self-centered emotions, greed, jealously, and bitterness cloud my empathy entirely and become exactly what I hate/hated.

Conservatives get further in life because we're in the world of survival of the fittest and materialistic WANTS. I disagree with you because some people are just more self-aware of the world in a very realistic way that they feel they don't belong and are naturally seeking similar mindsets. Hence the pessimism when one feels alone. Ya know, the 'majority' you claim is here. Wanting just the simple things in life and not being materialistic in the slightest doesn't always equate to someone being the victim, "latching", or they're stubborn. ANY side or viewpoint has the potential of being a realist based on their own reality of what they want in life. Respect that.

Back on-topic ;
You are to take such pessimism with a grain of salt. Especially from this OP, they in fact did say :
"This however doesn't give me free reign to be mean to people or treat them bad."

That screams to me that they aren't serious about it, and they probably just feel this way because some people were mean/******** to them.

No point in stating the obvious or repeating what others have said already. In my humble opinion, I feel we are missing entirely too much context, and this thread shouldn't have been taken as seriously as it has been. Everyone knows right and wrong, and I'm sure the OP wouldn't truly press the button. This is a hypothetical vent. Nothing more.

Ending my own suffering doesn't justify me murdering 9 billion people. No matter how idiotics I think they are, I'm not worth more than them. So no.
Besides, it's a lot more fun one by one :D

I know this just an introduction thread, but that since that got out of hand a bit...

Richard_39 said:
Ending my own suffering doesn't justify me murdering 9 billion people. No matter how idiotics I think they are, I'm not worth more than them. So no.
Besides, it's a lot more fun one by one :D

Gotta side with Richard here and I was never even suicidal. But props to Siku for his post too, he made some good points I also agree with.

Life isn't fair and shitty things happen even to the best of people. Not everyone has the power within themselves to keep up their spirits. Some people's perception is quite tainted and it's not just because they aren't thinking right, sometimes it's the experience of things constantly sucking horribly. I'm not one to slam them over the head for it though, all I can do is disagree and maybe tell them to be wary of not weaponizing their inner pain and elevating it to a virtue.

I'm not even that big on empathy, but there's always tact and diplomacy. At least when you care more about getting the message across instead of just getting it out.

I may not like most people, but there are a few that I care about and besides that ... the Earth is more than just the people on it. What about all the plants and animals? You don't burn down the house to get rid of the pests.

Latest posts

Back