Does anyone else feel this way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITellYouHhwut

Reaction score
I’ve always felt like my lack of success with women was metaphysical in its nature. Like a curse if you will. Being a 28 year-old virgin who has never had a girlfriend or been on a date in his entire life, and who has been unequivocally shunned by every woman he’s ever seen, I’ve started to believe that there is something more than just bad luck and lack of confidence underpinning all of this. I now fully believe that it is impossible, and has been all along, for any woman to be attracted to me. I believe that all women inherently hate and repudiate me, and I believe this is true across all time, all space, and all planes of existence. In other words I believe that it is impossible for me to get a woman.

Does anyone else here feel this way about their own life?

Mine is pretty bad too. Never had a date,not one of the 'pretty' people, crippled, hermit , virgin at 36.I'l be single forever.
Yes life is depressing.

cat-cute-hug-typography-Favim.com-160090.jpg

I don't feel like people inherently hate and repudiate me... but I do understand feeling different or like somewhat of an outcast. I wonder sometimes if maybe I come off differently than how I think, and if maybe the people around me are just tolerating me because they have to/ or to be nice... but not because they actually like me. I guess that's still my social anxiety talking, but it sure feels that way sometimes. I've had a couple dates (nothing serious), they were all set ups... but I do feel like it's impossible for me to be in a romantic relationship, though I think our reasoning is probably a bit different.

ITellYouHhwut said:
I’ve always felt like my lack of success with women was metaphysical in its nature. Like a curse if you will. Being a 28 year-old virgin who has never had a girlfriend or been on a date in his entire life, and who has been unequivocally shunned by every woman he’s ever seen, I’ve started to believe that there is something more than just bad luck and lack of confidence underpinning all of this. I now fully believe that it is impossible, and has been all along, for any woman to be attracted to me. I believe that all women inherently hate and repudiate me, and I believe this is true across all time, all space, and all planes of existence. In other words I believe that it is impossible for me to get a woman.

Does anyone else here feel this way about their own life?

I remember a line in a movie spoken from a dad to a daughter that went something like this, "if you dress like a ghoul, you'll attract ghouls". 

Likewise, if you proceed in life believing as you do, how could you succeed? You defined failure and then plan to live that failure. You so to speak are dressed for failure. If instead, for example, you value being chaste before marriage, you have a positive and successful way to proceed. The most read book in the world prescribes how to live and best benefit from marriage - a book of wisdom that has stood the test of time.

Obviously exaggerating with the weird "inherently hate and repudiate" stuff. Why would you think a lack of confidence wasn't sufficient to put you in the situation of being considered undesirable? All the older perpetually single men I know are like that (including myself). Awkward, inhibited personalities seem to relegate us to a lifetime of loneliness. All you can do is try to overcome that.

I have before.
Which is, if course, utterly rificulous. Curses, like ghouls and goblins, leprechauns, hobbits, ghosts, angels and Gods do not exist.
It's just randomness and, more often than not, partially our faults combined with random lack of luck.
It passes with the next girl.
It used to be impossible to fly, too. Then someone built a plane. But for over 2000 years, people thought they'd never fly.
As for automatic hate? Yes, of course there are some. But it's a mathematical improbability of the highestbdegree to systematically be shunned by over 50% of the people you'll meet in your life.

Latest posts

Back