very very down

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilE

Reaction score
When I feel this depressed there is almost nothing that can make me feel better. This is how I know that it is not circumstantial or situational. It feels more clinical. I do things just to pass the time and keep busy, but no matter what I am doing I feel depressed, anxious, worthless, and hopeless. Therapy is not helping but it gets me out of the house and lets me get things off my chest. And my medication is not working. When I do feel good and stable I can do anything and enjoy and appreciate what I am doing. But this is where I am at now. There is also substance abuse to escape but it is only temporary, sometimes I am fine with taking a break and temporarily escaping.

Hi lilE
I know from bitter experience that it is no good saying things will get better but I also know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have schizophrenia so know the dark side. I have had times when my medication has not worked. I do know you are a very valuable person. Take some time out. Get together with a friend. Listen to music or paint a picture. Take life a few minutes at a time and you may find things are not quite so bad.
Above all be gentle with yourself. Daniel

Latest posts

Back