It's been 10 years since I joined A.L.L.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic_95

Reaction score
Something dawned on me today.

It's been 10 years this month, that I started coming into the ALL chat room.

I joined this site all those years ago because....I was lonely. And 10 years later, I still am.

For all of my adult life I have wanted a companion. Someone to marry, buy a house together, and spend the rest of my life with.

Everyone all these years has told me to 'hang in there...it will happen". Well, it hasn't.

I've dated a couple of girls in these last 10 years, but it never seems to last any longer than a month. 

I have tried dating sites, friends have tried hooking me up, I've joined meetups and gone to activities, trying to put myself out there, and as much as I hate bars, I've gone out many times just trying to find someone who is half way interested. I joined A.L.L. back then, hoping someone on here would come along who was in the same position as me, and we'd connect and hit it off. That never happened. I spent 3 years sitting in that chat room every single night, many times only to leave in a bad mood because of the bullshit that went on like people getting mad at the mods for doing their job and banning ass holes.

While I am in a better place now than I was back then in a lot of ways, there's a lot that's happened that I certainly never would have expected. I lost the person I called my best friend. I moved to another state, thinking I'd be happier, and ended up being more miserable, so I moved back to my home state. I've also gained a couple of friends.

I just wish I could find my true companion so I don't end up being alone for the rest of my life.

Hi Sonic,

I've missed you! It' been 10 years for me too actually!

I'm sorry you are feeling down, You are such a good person and I hate to see you feeling this way.

Its so much easier for someone to say, "oh it will happen for you", when you are the one in the waiting seat.... But, I've waited a loooooong time, and at 40 years old, Had a beautiful baby girl, and she is a year old now. I never thought it would happen, but it did.

I know you've tried all the things, meet ups, dating sites, etc... but sometimes, when you least expect it, things happen.

PM me and fill me in on stuff...its been wayyyyyyy too long since we have caught up! I've missed chatting with you.... also, I'm still on FB if you are.....we can chat there too.

Take good care, and it is nice to see you 'round these parts again.....

(((((((Hug))))))))

It's weird to think we've all been here that long. Seems like just yesterday we were all giving minty honeysuckle about everything. lol

And I can't believe those ***** chat mods had the nerve to ban people :club:
(Calm down people, I'm one of the ***** mods :p )

TheRealCallie said:
It's weird to think we've all been here that long.  Seems like just yesterday we were all giving minty honeysuckle about everything. lol

And I can't believe those ***** chat mods had the nerve to ban people :club:
(Calm down people, I'm one of the ***** mods :p )

yeah.. we all gave minty honeysuckle about things....  now you get it callie!  ::p 

10 years.... wowza

Happy ALL Anniversary, Sonic.  It's been a long time.

I sincerely sympathize with what you must be feeling after all this time and still being unsuccessful in achieving your dream to find your someone.  Despite everything, you seem to be pretty level-headed and that's always something to be grateful for.

I don't know if this will help you at all, but think of it like a parable.  There was this woman I knew who was lonely her whole life.  She had a penpal she wrote for some time, and eventually they met.  She finally found her true love.  She was 45 years old.  They got married, she left her whole life behind, traveling to the other side of the world to be with her husband.  Less than 10 years later, he died of a heart attack.  He knew he had health issues, but he refused to be treated.  He decided it was better to just leave her with money so she could go on living her life.  She would rather have had the love of her life than money...  but despite it, she's still living.  She hasn't ever tried pursuing love again.  Sometimes I think that love is something that's so rare and you have to really appreciate it when you have it. (And in the end, even if you do find the love of your life, doesn't mean you'll get to live out the rest of your life with them because, hey, things happen.)

Just because you haven't found that someone who you can settle down with doesn't mean you never will.  And even if you don't find someone, make sure you're not holding yourself back from living life to the fullest just because you don't have someone to share it with.  Enjoy every day like it's your last because you never know if it will be.  When you're not looking for someone because you're at your happiest when you're by yourself, is what will draw people to you.  Knowing you can be happy alone is the most attractive thing in my opinion.

I really wish you the best in everything, Sonic.  As long as I have known you, you've been a very cheerful person to talk to.  Take care in everything you do.

Hi Sonic,
If you want a friend, be a friend first. If you want to enjoy life with someone, you must be enjoyable to be around first. Even though you are alone you can enjoy life and be happy. Your happiness should not depend on someone. Consider this: learn to enjoy doing things that people normally do with someone, like going to a park, a museum, or a movie. Try it and ignore people if they look at you. Try to enjoy going to a game all by yourself as well. When you cultivate that, enjoying life and enjoying your blessings, it will naturally manifest and people will notice. If you have a healthy positive outlook in life, you will be a magnet to people. Others are drawn to people like this. Friendships can form. And maybe someone special. I hope this helps in some way.

Sometimes I think that love is something that's so rare and you have to really appreciate it when you have it.
Such beautiful words and a beautiful story, it made me think. I've commented on this thread obviously, but I don't remember reading those words and that poignant story. Guess when we keep hearing only the same subjects all the time, we forget how many stories like these there are out there and also on ALL.
Seems these days, this also really isn't a criticism of anyone in particular, but we keep reading a lot of "I can't find a girlfriend". Makes you forget how bittersweet some lives really are. Also, how wonderful some people are. This is what ALL is about.

Such beautiful words and a beautiful story, it made me think. I've commented on this thread obviously, but I don't remember reading those words and that poignant story. Guess when we keep hearing only the same subjects all the time, we forget how many stories like these there are out there and also on ALL.
Seems these days, this also really isn't a criticism of anyone in particular, but we keep reading a lot of "I can't find a girlfriend". Makes you forget how bittersweet some lives really are. Also, how wonderful some people are. This is what ALL is about.
so true

Latest posts

Back