My life sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyIsaac

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time to have fun at life.
I am 18 years old and I have no friends.

I am an ICT-student and school sucks as we do nothing useful there, once I get home I sleep as early as possible as it takes away my sad feelings.

I can't make any friends and I don't know why. I am good-looking, friendly (I really never get mad) and I share with people, I am not greedy. It really hurts to be alone, I listen to sad aesthetic songs to cry out my feelings.

I do nothing productive in my life, I don't have a job, yet I have more money than an average kid of my age as I earn my money online through hacking-related actions. (I don't hurt any people).

Weekends are torture and vacations are hell as I have 0 communication with anyone as I don't do anything, I just sit behind my computer and play games to eat time, but that doesn't help.

Everyone has friends and everyone is always having fun every weekend, busy with partying and that kind of stuff I think.

I am boring and I have nothing useful to say ever in my life. I watch gore as it's a little bit of entertainment, I am weird and I feel hopeless about my future.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me any advice.

If there are any questions or if I wasn't clear, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!

LonelyIsaac said:
Hello everyone,

I am an ICT-student and school sucks as we do nothing useful there, once I get home I sleep as early as possible as it takes away my sad feelings.

I can't make any friends and I don't know why. I am good-looking, friendly (I really never get mad) and I share with people, I am not greedy. It really hurts to be alone, I listen to sad aesthetic songs to cry out my feelings.

I do nothing productive in my life, I don't have a job, yet I have more money than an average kid of my age as I earn my money online through hacking-related actions. (I don't hurt any people).

Weekends are torture and vacations are hell as I have 0 communication with anyone as I don't do anything, I just sit behind my computer and play games to eat time, but that doesn't help.

Everyone has friends and everyone is always having fun every weekend, busy with partying and that kind of stuff I think.

I am boring and I have nothing useful to say ever in my life. I watch gore as it's a little bit of entertainment, I am weird and I feel hopeless about my future.

Thanks a lot in advance!
The key is being around the same kind or type of people. All men are not created equal. 
Take a look at my original posts in two of my threads to start.
https://alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39815
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39804

If you are into sad aesthetic songs to cry out your feelings, have you heard of Vancouver Sleep Clinic?

I still don't get your "job", you said you are a blackhat hacker, but you don't hurt anyone. You have to sell the security gaps, or use them to make money. The only way you wouldn't hurt anyone is if you sell the security gap to the company, but then you are whitehat hacker, aren't you?

You know that you aren't doing something productive, then you should know what something productive is, otherwise, you can't know whether you are doing something productive. You also say you've got too much of free time, and don't know what to do with it. So if you know what is productive, why don't you do it in your free time? Or is your problem that you don't really know what is productive?

You don't even know what to do with your free time. It sounds to me that you don't know what to do with your life in general. I think this is to some extent a fairly common problem for young people. The problem is nobody but you knows the answer to that question. You have to find it on your own or others will tell you what to do with your life. However, they can try to help you on your journey.

Some people turn to religion to find meaning in their life, but I'm an atheist and you don't sound very religious either. The other option would be to find your own purpose in life, which isn't really that bad. Your purpose could be whatever you want to do. You have the choice. So feel free to do whatever you want to do with it, the only problem is if you don't know what to do with it. Then you have to figure out what brings you joy. Do you have any interests/dreams/goals/hobbies that you ignored, because you thought they were unrealistic or silly? Why don't give them a second chance? But maybe you still don't know what to do. Maybe you just haven't found your passion yet. You probably didn't learn to hack at when you were born. You learned it years later, and maybe it's the same thing for something else. Just try out some different things that sound interesting, maybe you will find something that you enjoy. 

You lived less than a quarter of your life and you are still young. You turned 18 just months ago. This is the first time you can do whatever you want without needing permission from your parents. No wonder it might be a bit overwhelming. You haven't talked about your family, maybe they can help you with your loneliness.

And as for making friends, I can give you some advice. You don't seem very interested in this place. You only replied to your own threads, and that's okay. People are here to help you, don't be afraid of that. But maybe you should try to post in other threads to meet new people. One of the important things about socializing is, that you have to put the effort in to make friends. I see it very often that people don't reply to your last message, then you have to write them another message and breath new life in the conversation. Maybe the other person didn't know what to add to your discussion. You have to be outgoing and try to make friends.

Don't be afraid you don't have the necessary social skills to make friends. You said you are a nice and friendly person, so you should know how to treat a friend. I thought for a long time I lack the social skills and was pretty shy. Now I'm trying to be more outgoing and I discovered I got the social skills intuitively, you just know how to be nice to a person.

Another thing to note is to show your interest in someone. Try to learn something about their interests so you have something to talk about with them. Be a good listener, and make them feel comfortable when they tell you something about themselves. Try to add something to every reply, that might interest them, so your conversation doesn't run dry. Have empathy and don't say they did something wrong. They got their reasons why they did what the did try to tell them how the could do better instead.

But the most important thing is to put the effort in. What do you have to lose? Friends? You have to try to make them in the first place before you can lose them. If you don't try you only can lose. And when you don't hear something from them for days, write them another message, you can't lose anything you could only win a friend back who would have forgotten you otherwise.

Finding meaning in life is probably the biggest challenge of it, but don't give up already. Once you know what you want you can live a fulfilling life, and others start asking this question to them selfs much later in life. The earlier you found the answer, the more time do you have to fulfill that meaning.

Dr_Pixel said:
If you are into sad aesthetic songs to cry out your feelings, have you heard of Vancouver Sleep Clinic?

I still don't get your "job", you said you are a blackhat hacker, but you don't hurt anyone. You have to sell the security gaps, or use them to make money. The only way you wouldn't hurt anyone is if you sell the security gap to the company, but then you are whitehat hacker, aren't you?

You know that you aren't doing something productive, then you should know what something productive is, otherwise, you can't know whether you are doing something productive. You also say you've got too much of free time, and don't know what to do with it. So if you know what is productive, why don't you do it in your free time? Or is your problem that you don't really know what is productive?

You don't even know what to do with your free time. It sounds to me that you don't know what to do with your life in general. I think this is to some extent a fairly common problem for young people. The problem is nobody but you knows the answer to that question. You have to find it on your own or others will tell you what to do with your life. However, they can try to help you on your journey.

Some people turn to religion to find meaning in their life, but I'm an atheist and you don't sound very religious either. The other option would be to find your own purpose in life, which isn't really that bad. Your purpose could be whatever you want to do. You have the choice. So feel free to do whatever you want to do with it, the only problem is if you don't know what to do with it. Then you have to figure out what brings you joy. Do you have any interests/dreams/goals/hobbies that you ignored, because you thought they were unrealistic or silly? Why don't give them a second chance? But maybe you still don't know what to do. Maybe you just haven't found your passion yet. You probably didn't learn to hack at when you were born. You learned it years later, and maybe it's the same thing for something else. Just try out some different things that sound interesting, maybe you will find something that you enjoy. 

You lived less than a quarter of your life and you are still young. You turned 18 just months ago. This is the first time you can do whatever you want without needing permission from your parents. No wonder it might be a bit overwhelming. You haven't talked about your family, maybe they can help you with your loneliness.

And as for making friends, I can give you some advice. You don't seem very interested in this place. You only replied to your own threads, and that's okay. People are here to help you, don't be afraid of that. But maybe you should try to post in other threads to meet new people. One of the important things about socializing is, that you have to put the effort in to make friends. I see it very often that people don't reply to your last message, then you have to write them another message and breath new life in the conversation. Maybe the other person didn't know what to add to your discussion. You have to be outgoing and try to make friends.

Don't be afraid you don't have the necessary social skills to make friends. You said you are a nice and friendly person, so you should know how to treat a friend. I thought for a long time I lack the social skills and was pretty shy. Now I'm trying to be more outgoing and I discovered I got the social skills intuitively, you just know how to be nice to a person.

Another thing to note is to show your interest in someone. Try to learn something about their interests so you have something to talk about with them. Be a good listener, and make them feel comfortable when they tell you something about themselves. Try to add something to every reply, that might interest them, so your conversation doesn't run dry. Have empathy and don't say they did something wrong. They got their reasons why they did what the did try to tell them how the could do better instead.

But the most important thing is to put the effort in. What do you have to lose? Friends? You have to try to make them in the first place before you can lose them. If you don't try you only can lose. And when you don't hear something from them for days, write them another message, you can't lose anything you could only win a friend back who would have forgotten you otherwise.

Finding meaning in life is probably the biggest challenge of it, but don't give up already. Once you know what you want you can live a fulfilling life, and others start asking this question to them selfs much later in life. The earlier you found the answer, the more time do you have to fulfill that meaning.

Hello Dr_Pixel,

Thanks a lot for replying, I truly do appreciate the effort which you've put in to read and reply to my ask of help.
You actually have been investigating my profile and been reading my other threads (which I'd love to have removed because when I read it back now it looks stupid).

I have never heard of Vancouver Sleep Clinic, I've just listened to it and it's relaxing, thank you for this.

I find security breaches and I profit of it in a bad way, I don't report the problem, I just try to take out everything I can.
For example the hyped game 'Fortnite' which is a free to play game, but they have a game mode 'Save The World' which costs $40, what I did was finding a way to 'steal' the generated codes and I sold them to people for $10.
I'm happy, my customers are happy, and the game owners did not lose anything, they missed a few thousand usd, but they have millions of dollars, so my actions did not hurt them.

With not productive I mean by playing games and chatting bullshit in online groups to eat my time, I am wasting my time and I can't seem to find anything useful to do where I'll profit later on.

I indeed don't know what to do in life in general as I can take financially care of myself without needing a job anywhere, I just have to sit home all day.

I am not religious, no, I have no interests or hobby, I don't take life seriously, I don't make any plans for the next days/weeks/month, I've been becoming more stupid and less-serious.

Because I am 18 years old now it does mean nothing special for me actually, I don't celebrate my birthday or anything, it was just another boring day for me, it's not overwhelming at all.

As you said, I don't seem interested in this place, that's because I only cry here and reply to replies in my posts, this is actually pretty selfish what I'm doing, it's stupid.
I am an active member on other forums which I could link you in PM if you have any interests.

Showing my interest in someone is a thing where I've got to be more serious as I never show any interest, but I always listen and remember everything that anyone says, I just don't reply to it.

I'd love to put any effort in it, but I am just bad with people, I never talk because I never have anything useful to say, I don't want to waste time of others.

I am truly thankful for your reply, you sound like a wise man, I appreciate the interest which you've put in me, is there any way for me to do anything back for you?

Cheers!

AlertChristians said:
LonelyIsaac said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot in advance!
The key is being around the same kind or type of people. All men are not created equal. 
Take a look at my original posts in two of my threads to start.
https://alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39815
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39804

I am taking a look at it now, thank you!

I actually investigate the profiles of others often to get a better picture of them. Most profiles lack so much information. You often can figure their age, location, and gender out from their posts, but they don't give you the information in their profile. And for everything else, you have the bio, but some don't have one and others don't put much in there. I also find it interesting to see what others do and struggle with, and what is holding them back.

That's not that bad. Maybe they wouldn't have bought the DLC anyway. But technically you are stealing money from a company. I hope you don't waste the money you get from it, you shouldn't have that, instead use it wisely. As long as you have no other option it's better than not earing anything. You've got the time, so you could try to create some value instead of taking it from a company. Maybe you would feel more productive then because you would add value to the economy. Another problem is taxes, you probably don't pay them and nobody likes them, but your country needs them to run schools, healthcare, build roads, etc. Paying them is better for society in general. If you don't know anything useful to do with your money you can donate it to charities, to do something productive.

Chats aren't an easy way to make friends. They often are very general, and it's hard to get closer to someone. You could try to ask more personal questions, so the conversation becomes more meaningful. Maybe you could try to communicate with people that seem interesting in another way, like emails, calls...

You don't have to feel guilty to ask for help. Here people want to help you. If you would be a waste of time for them, they wouldn't reply to you. You don't force them to do anything.

It's good that you are in other places because this place has some problems. But you also can talk to people in a more meaningful way because they tell you what their problems are. I haven't found another place, where you can do it as easily as here. The problems are that many people here have their own problems, which are sometimes very serious. It's hard to relate to people who had to suffer from child abuse, and if they are very depressed it's hard to have a conversation with them. If they could fix their issues on their own, they probably left this place. I think I know more or less, ho to make friends, but I'm still lonely and haven't found another good place. That's why I'm still here. 

Additionally many have problems with maintaining relationships and conversations. You get too often no reply to your messages, and they don't write you something back either. Sometimes they don't know what to add or reply with one sentence. I think that is your problem too. I had a short conversation with someone who replies always with a few sentences, which made him look disinterested. He didn't know what he should add, and I gave him examples of what he could have talked about, but shortly after that, he stopped being online, and I heard nothing from him since that. My idea would be, to help you to get a conversation going and prevent it from running dry. Once you've got the hang of it, it isn't that complicated. Just send me a PM with something and let's see how you are doing with your replies.

Dr_Pixel said:
I actually investigate the profiles of others often to get a better picture of them. Most profiles lack so much information. You often can figure their age, location, and gender out from their posts, but they don't give you the information in their profile. And for everything else, you have the bio, but some don't have one and others don't put much in there. I also find it interesting to see what others do and struggle with, and what is holding them back.

That's not that bad. Maybe they wouldn't have bought the DLC anyway. But technically you are stealing money from a company. I hope you don't waste the money you get from it, you shouldn't have that, instead use it wisely. As long as you have no other option it's better than not earing anything. You've got the time, so you could try to create some value instead of taking it from a company. Maybe you would feel more productive then because you would add value to the economy. Another problem is taxes, you probably don't pay them and nobody likes them, but your country needs them to run schools, healthcare, build roads, etc. Paying them is better for society in general. If you don't know anything useful to do with your money you can donate it to charities, to do something productive.

Chats aren't an easy way to make friends. They often are very general, and it's hard to get closer to someone. You could try to ask more personal questions, so the conversation becomes more meaningful. Maybe you could try to communicate with people that seem interesting in another way, like emails, calls...

You don't have to feel guilty to ask for help. Here people want to help you. If you would be a waste of time for them, they wouldn't reply to you. You don't force them to do anything.

It's good that you are in other places because this place has some problems. But you also can talk to people in a more meaningful way because they tell you what their problems are. I haven't found another place, where you can do it as easily as here. The problems are that many people here have their own problems, which are sometimes very serious. It's hard to relate to people who had to suffer from child abuse, and if they are very depressed it's hard to have a conversation with them. If they could fix their issues on their own, they probably left this place. I think I know more or less, ho to make friends, but I'm still lonely and haven't found another good place. That's why I'm still here. 

Additionally many have problems with maintaining relationships and conversations. You get too often no reply to your messages, and they don't write you something back either. Sometimes they don't know what to add or reply with one sentence. I think that is your problem too. I had a short conversation with someone who replies always with a few sentences, which made him look disinterested. He didn't know what he should add, and I gave him examples of what he could have talked about, but shortly after that, he stopped being online, and I heard nothing from him since that. My idea would be, to help you to get a conversation going and prevent it from running dry. Once you've got the hang of it, it isn't that complicated. Just send me a PM with something and let's see how you are doing with your replies.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I've done nothing with the money that I earned, I got my driver license and the rest of it just lays in my room, in cash.

I've tried making friends on my school, I never really make friends online, I just communicate there.
People try to not have any contact with me when I come nearby them, no idea why nobody likes me.

And yes, there are other forums, but they're not really meant for personal problems, I just like to communicate with people there as they have the same interests as me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I agree with your statements and I am sorry about your feelings of being lonely.

I'll send you a PM, thanks!

Dr_Pixel said:

I've taken a look at your profile now as I was on my phone yesterday and it would've been harder to investigate.

The skills which you possess is actually great, your English is really good since your native language is German, I actually thought that you were from the US.
Your hobbies are cool and they are in common as mine.
I like it how you do programming and stock trading and long-term holding.
I do them as well, I do cryptocurrencies with long-term holding and trading on BitMEX aside from that I do trading with Forex.

I have no idea why you're here, you have many fun things to do, and since you're 15 years old, I could tell that you're way too smart for your age, you're a wise kid.

You actually sound like a fully grown up man.

That's good you don't waste the money, and since you don't know what to do, you don't know what you should spend your money on. You could have spent it on drugs and other things like that. I think you really have a good heart inside you, but don't know how you should show it others.

The school is a good place to find friends or work in general. You can always see them in person, which makes your relationship more deeply. I will try to become better friends with the friends I currently have in school, but the holidays end next week on Monday, so I have to wait a few more days alone in my room mostly.

I recently made a really good friend on the internet and we got close, and he always offered me help, but I sadly lost contact with him. He should know how he can contact me, but I haven't heard anything from him so far. I left him a message on the only other place I know where he is. I hope I hear from him soon, he could need someone now. It is possible to make good friends online, but not that easy. Not seeing someone in person is a disadvantage, but also has its advantages. I think you can tell them more than your classmates. I haven't talked with anyone in my real life about my depression, but here you can feel free to talk about it. People can understand you better than most people. But probably I just haven't gotten close enough to someone to talk about it, and I'm really shy when talking to someone in person. Writing about you is much easier.

I have become fluent in English and achieved a level of bilingualism. If I hadn't my family and school, I probably would be in English mode almost all the time. Nice to see I make the impression that I'm a native speaker in English.

I'm not that convinced of cryptocurrencies, and I thought years ago that bitcoin will skyrocket in value and then become worthless shortly after it. I was right about the crash, but I'm surprised that a bitcoin is still worth 5k$. So there must be something more to it than just speculation, or maybe people just invested so much into it that it has some value now. They have a somewhat stable value now and are accepted by a couple of stores. I'm interested to see if it can become a more accepted currency because a decentralized currency would be better. But one huge problem of bitcoins is that they are bad for the environment. Mining takes a lot of energy, which has to be cheap in order to make profits, so it comes not fro renewable energies. I think that a decentralized currency has potential, but there are still some problems that need to be solved.

I'm more into long-term stock trading. You buy a real part of a company, so you invest in it and not in trust, which is what gives all currencies value. If nobody would trust dollars anymore, you only have worthless paper left. The stock price can go up or down depending on many factors, but trying to make money out of it is more like gambling. 86% of day traders lose money. I take a look at the performance and value of a company and then decide if an investment would be worth it. Is profit growing? Is it likely it will grow in the future? Is the company in good shape? Does it have enough cash? and then the final question is is the stock price worth it?

I definitely heard of Forex before, but I don't know what exactly it is. I think it is more something speculative. But if you make profits with it and have the magic ability to make money with speculative deals, go for it. It would be too risky for me, and I think it's more like gambling, but there are some factors that aren't random.

I'm here because I got holidays and lots of time. Normally I would focus more on my hobbies, but I'm just at the start of my game, so I don't know exactly where to start. I have to focus again on it. But talking to people here can be fun sometimes, and it certainly helps with loneliness, and I lost my friend so I'm more active here now.

I hear that about me quite often on the internet, but not from my peers or any other person in real life. I know I'm older mentally than biologically. I've got an above average IQ, which is simply mental age/biological age*100, so that explains something. I guess I got also a good crystallized intelligence because I know about a lot of stuff and have a good semantic memory.

Dr_Pixel said:
That's good you don't waste the money, and since you don't know what to do, you don't know what you should spend your money on. You could have spent it on drugs and other things like that. I think you really have a good heart inside you, but don't know how you should show it others.

The school is a good place to find friends or work in general. You can always see them in person, which makes your relationship more deeply. I will try to become better friends with the friends I currently have in school, but the holidays end next week on Monday, so I have to wait a few more days alone in my room mostly.

I recently made a really good friend on the internet and we got close, and he always offered me help, but I sadly lost contact with him. He should know how he can contact me, but I haven't heard anything from him so far. I left him a message on the only other place I know where he is. I hope I hear from him soon, he could need someone now. It is possible to make good friends online, but not that easy. Not seeing someone in person is a disadvantage, but also has its advantages. I think you can tell them more than your classmates. I haven't talked with anyone in my real life about my depression, but here you can feel free to talk about it. People can understand you better than most people. But probably I just haven't gotten close enough to someone to talk about it, and I'm really shy when talking to someone in person. Writing about you is much easier.

I have become fluent in English and achieved a level of bilingualism. If I hadn't my family and school, I probably would be in English mode almost all the time. Nice to see I make the impression that I'm a native speaker in English.

I'm not that convinced of cryptocurrencies, and I thought years ago that bitcoin will skyrocket in value and then become worthless shortly after it. I was right about the crash, but I'm surprised that a bitcoin is still worth 5k$. So there must be something more to it than just speculation, or maybe people just invested so much into it that it has some value now. They have a somewhat stable value now and are accepted by a couple of stores. I'm interested to see if it can become a more accepted currency because a decentralized currency would be better. But one huge problem of bitcoins is that they are bad for the environment. Mining takes a lot of energy, which has to be cheap in order to make profits, so it comes not fro renewable energies. I think that a decentralized currency has potential, but there are still some problems that need to be solved.

I'm more into long-term stock trading. You buy a real part of a company, so you invest in it and not in trust, which is what gives all currencies value. If nobody would trust dollars anymore, you only have worthless paper left. The stock price can go up or down depending on many factors, but trying to make money out of it is more like gambling. 86% of day traders lose money. I take a look at the performance and value of a company and then decide if an investment would be worth it. Is profit growing? Is it likely it will grow in the future? Is the company in good shape? Does it have enough cash? and then the final question is is the stock price worth it?

I definitely heard of Forex before, but I don't know what exactly it is. I think it is more something speculative. But if you make profits with it and have the magic ability to make money with speculative deals, go for it. It would be too risky for me, and I think it's more like gambling, but there are some factors that aren't random.

I'm here because I got holidays and lots of time. Normally I would focus more on my hobbies, but I'm just at the start of my game, so I don't know exactly where to start. I have to focus again on it. But talking to people here can be fun sometimes, and it certainly helps with loneliness, and I lost my friend so I'm more active here now.

I hear that about me quite often on the internet, but not from my peers or any other person in real life. I know I'm older mentally than biologically. I've got an above average IQ, which is simply mental age/biological age*100, so that explains something. I guess I got also a good crystallized intelligence because I know about a lot of stuff and have a good semantic memory.

I don't waste any money, yes.
I mostly invest with it to make bigger amounts out of it (not trading/holding related).

I am sorry to hear about your friend which you can't contact, and yes talking online about your problems is indeed easier.

Bitcoin took a big dip this and last year, but once you understand how trading works, it does not matter at what price bitcoin is, if you short bitcoin for example, you make big gains when btc is going downwards, it's called leverage trading.

Investing in companies seems interesting, but takes a lot of patient, it's nice to see that you have a lot of knowledge about it.

Forex is trading with currencies, so trading EUR, USD, JPY etc.

Trading is not really gambling once you take risk management rules, so you set a stop loss and you do TA (Technical Analysis).

Thanks for your reply, I'm way below your mental level so talking to you is actually though for me as I don't know what to reply which makes sense.

Thanks for your effort again, it makes me happy seeing your messages as they are so professionally written.

LonelyIsaac, while Dr. Pixel gives you some good advice on your work and ambitions in life, allow me to inject another perspective about you and your future.  It doesn't appear that religion is a guiding force in your life and others here generally aren't going to lead you in that direction.  I'd suggest though that it's actually what you need most since you seem to lack a proper moral compass, satisfaction with yourself, or purpose in life.  Now I recognize that a large number of people go through life not knowing or caring about the meaning of life or one's purpose here, and another large number go through life being mislead by wrong philosophies and false religions.  Thus, I don't expect you to quickly accept a stranger's opinion on the world's truth and the path you should take through it.  But, since you're so very young, confused, misguided, dissatisfied with your life, and struggling to find yourself, I feel compelled to at least offer some timely advice. You'll take it or leave it of course, but I wish to plant a seed for you to at least ponder for the years ahead.

While there are many people in this world pursuing successful careers, raising good families, and living happy social lives, that doesn't necessarily equate to following the right path in life.  For example, most of the world's population still adheres to some religious belief, and with the exception of Athiests, most also believe in a life hereafter, determined by those beliefs.  Yet, the religions have opposing and contradictory doctrines, meaning it's impossible for all of them to be right. In fact, either they're all wrong, or one's right and the others are wrong.  And if one's right, then all of the people following the other religions are on a wrong path.  Thus, success in life isn't just about having money, career, family and fun, but depends on being the person you were designed to be, and fulfilling the purpose in life you were made for.  So while I encourage you to seek out an enjoyable, productive, honest career that contributes good to society rather than takes from it, I encourage you more to assess your own heart, soul, and desired purpose in life.  Do you want to remain dissatisfied with your identity and aimless life, or do you want to shape your beliefs and values into something meaningful and productive?  Whether you recognize it or not, religion is the best answer to changing you and your life.  Now, this can go good or bad, depending on which religion you pursue, and may or may not give satisfying answers to your purpose in life.  That too depends on which religion you choose.  If you're an Athiest, then evolution determines you to be no more than a worthless accident with no unique value or purpose in life. That's not a satisfying position I'd wish for anyone.  I'd suggest a better alternative.  Even if you don't believe it, Christianity deems you to be a unique, loved person with incredible value and purpose in life, and with an invitation to the new world paradise that's more awesome than our minds can imagine. 

Christianity has more evidence to support it as the world's one true religion than any other.  That's more than a blind faith claim; it's a preponderance of scientific, archaeological, historical, textual, and prophetic evidence over all the others.  And what's nice about the faith is that it's based on a personal relationship with your creator, and it yields a believer with a purpose in life and self identity of peace and love.  May I encourage you to check it out if you've not done so recently. (I can recommend some good videos depending on your apprehensions or objections). The thing is, Christianity can not only change you into a better person and give you a purpose in life, but it provides an avenue of building a social life of good, healthy, positive relationships.  By this, I mean small groups within a friendly Christian church.  There, you'll find welcoming members that accept you, support you, and want to be your friends.  That's what loving Christians do.  The church is a family of believers, but they welcome newbies and doubters all the time - people like you who are needing or seeking a new path in life, not sure where to turn.  There, you can find answers, hope, and relationships that'll help you more than anything else.  Just remember that all religions and churches are not created equal.  You must choose the right faith or you might win the world in this life but lose your soul in the end.

Sir Joseph said:
LonelyIsaac, while Dr. Pixel gives you some good advice on your work and ambitions in life, allow me to inject another perspective about you and your future.  It doesn't appear that religion is a guiding force in your life and others here generally aren't going to lead you in that direction.  I'd suggest though that it's actually what you need most since you seem to lack a proper moral compass, satisfaction with yourself, or purpose in life.  Now I recognize that a large number of people go through life not knowing or caring about the meaning of life or one's purpose here, and another large number go through life being mislead by wrong philosophies and false religions.  Thus, I don't expect you to quickly accept a stranger's opinion on the world's truth and the path you should take through it.  But, since you're so very young, confused, misguided, dissatisfied with your life, and struggling to find yourself, I feel compelled to at least offer some timely advice. You'll take it or leave it of course, but I wish to plant a seed for you to at least ponder for the years ahead.

While there are many people in this world pursuing successful careers, raising good families, and living happy social lives, that doesn't necessarily equate to following the right path in life.  For example, most of the world's population still adheres to some religious belief, and with the exception of Athiests, most also believe in a life hereafter, determined by those beliefs.  Yet, the religions have opposing and contradictory doctrines, meaning it's impossible for all of them to be right. In fact, either they're all wrong, or one's right and the others are wrong.  And if one's right, then all of the people following the other religions are on a wrong path.  Thus, success in life isn't just about having money, career, family and fun, but depends on being the person you were designed to be, and fulfilling the purpose in life you were made for.  So while I encourage you to seek out an enjoyable, productive, honest career that contributes good to society rather than takes from it, I encourage you more to assess your own heart, soul, and desired purpose in life.  Do you want to remain dissatisfied with your identity and aimless life, or do you want to shape your beliefs and values into something meaningful and productive?  Whether you recognize it or not, religion is the best answer to changing you and your life.  Now, this can go good or bad, depending on which religion you pursue, and may or may not give satisfying answers to your purpose in life.  That too depends on which religion you choose.  If you're an Athiest, then evolution determines you to be no more than a worthless accident with no unique value or purpose in life. That's not a satisfying position I'd wish for anyone.  I'd suggest a better alternative.  Even if you don't believe it, Christianity deems you to be a unique, loved person with incredible value and purpose in life, and with an invitation to the new world paradise that's more awesome than our minds can imagine. 

Christianity has more evidence to support it as the world's one true religion than any other.  That's more than a blind faith claim; it's a preponderance of scientific, archaeological, historical, textual, and prophetic evidence over all the others.  And what's nice about the faith is that it's based on a personal relationship with your creator, and it yields a believer with a purpose in life and self identity of peace and love.  May I encourage you to check it out if you've not done so recently. (I can recommend some good videos depending on your apprehensions or objections). The thing is, Christianity can not only change you into a better person and give you a purpose in life, but it provides an avenue of building a social life of good, healthy, positive relationships.  By this, I mean small groups within a friendly Christian church.  There, you'll find welcoming members that accept you, support you, and want to be your friends.  That's what loving Christians do.  The church is a family of believers, but they welcome newbies and doubters all the time - people like you who are needing or seeking a new path in life, not sure where to turn.  There, you can find answers, hope, and relationships that'll help you more than anything else.  Just remember that all religions and churches are not created equal.  You must choose the right faith or you might win the world in this life but lose your soul in the end.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you so much for your 'timely advice', I find it very useful and I can agree with a few subjects which you've mentioned, like how a successful life isn't just when you have money, a career, family and fun.
I do understand how religions like christiany can turn yourself into making yourself a better person, but joining the religion isn't neccesary, but it seems better as you seem to get support from good people like you.

There isn't much for me to reply to your message, I'm not good at arguing, but I do keep your planted seed in me =)
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and advice with me, joining a religion could be good, but I would like to help myself first, without religion.

Much love,

Isaac

LonelyIsaac said:
Sir Joseph said:

Hello Joseph,

Thank you so much for your 'timely advice', I find it very useful and I can agree with a few subjects which you've mentioned, like how a successful life isn't just when you have money, a career, family and fun.
I do understand how religions like christiany can turn yourself into making yourself a better person, but joining the religion isn't neccesary, but it seems better as you seem to get support from good people like you.

There isn't much for me to reply to your message, I'm not good at arguing, but I do keep your planted seed in me =)
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and advice with me, joining a religion could be good, but I would like to help myself first, without religion.

Much love,

Isaac

Fair enough, and glad for the response.  I wish you well and success.

I recommend finding shared interests that you enjoy (for instance, video games, comics, Star Wars, etc.) and join those communities. Talk with people. Connect with them. Having one good friend is better than having 20 "casual" friends who you'll likely never see again after a few months.

Latest posts

Back