Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jilldowney

Reaction score
It's Easter saterday and my son is spending it well I'm pleased.But I'm left here there's a deep feeling of despair as I just can't deal with this feeling anymore. I'm 61 and I have not got one friend and I'm disabled but can manage a small ammount of walking. I just don't where to turn to make any friends.

I'm sorry to hear that Jilldowney. Being left there, feeling despair....I've lived my own version of that, before. At least there are online sites to turn to.....it isn't enough, but I can hear your voice saying that you just can't deal with the feeling anymore, and I'm sorry it's like that for you, now.

Jilldowney said:
It's Easter saterday and my son is spending it well I'm pleased.But I'm left here there's a deep feeling of despair as I just can't deal with this feeling anymore. I'm 61 and I have not got one friend and I'm disabled but can manage a small ammount of walking. I just don't where to turn to make any friends.

Hi jilldowney
I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I am 65 and friends are in short supply. This is the main reason for joining this site. Do you have any hobbies. Are you from the uk. I am from lincoln. Please feel free to message me if you want. Keep your chin up hope to hear from you soon.

Joanmillie12c said:
Jilldowne yes I live in oxford  I do like my crafts but mainly a winter thing for some reason.I Think if I could get out more would help.The village I live in is very snobby so most activities are for ladies that lunch.it to know what I mean said:

Hi jilldowney
I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I am 65 and friends are in short supply. This is the main reason for joining this site. Do you have any hobbies. Are you from the uk. I am from lincoln. Please feel free to message me if you want. Keep your chin up hope to hear from you soon.

ahsatan said:
Hey

I'm so sorry. I'm disabled too.I know it is a nightmare!

Yes it is walking for me I broke my ankle very badly after many oops I had it completely fused just to get out of pain.

Walking is overrated.
Also disabled, it is what you make it. You've just got to crack on, haven't you? Also UK, not in my 60s yet though!

I think walking is one of the most important physical abilities to feeling independent and capable, second only to seeing.  So, I feel sympathy for anyone facing mobility limitations.  With my best friend confined to a wheelchair and my own arthritis ending 30 years of running and hiking pleasures, I would not consider walking to be overrated. But, I would hope that even the setback of a fused ankle needn't stop one from still getting out, enjoying nature, and meeting people.

Jilldowney, your repeated posts of loneliness reflect a common theme on this website, with people trying to substitute social media chats for real life interaction and personal relationships.  While I understand and partake in such online efforts too, I don't think they are the solution.  We need live, face to face, interaction with other people every day, and we need friends to share and care.  That takes courage and effort of course to get out of our comfort zone (home) and expose ourselves to public places, social clubs, or various organizations.  With Oxford being a good sized city, I'm sure there are hundreds of social avenues for you there to pursue.  You just need to find one that interests you and commit yourself to going - like going to a new school when you don't want to, but know that its necessary.  This is one solution for improving your situation that others should agree with, but I'll add a second.

Your city has several churches, including a mix of good and bad ones, so I wouldn't suggest attending any of them without some proper guidance.  But, I would suggest that joining a good Christian church that has a number of small groups is the best way of being welcomed, accepted, and immersed in good social interaction and friend potential.  Christian or not, this is my prescription for lonely people.  And if you're not a Christian, the exposure and influence of other good people just might give you something more to live your life for.  In short, a church family can help you do better in this temporary, flawed life, while the Christian faith can give you hope for the new world and the incredible life that lies ahead for those who accept it.  Go for the church family relationships now, and don't be afraid of what more may come out of it.

Jilldowney said:

there might be a lot of people like yourself in the world. Disabled and terribly lonely. But you can join together on forums like this. As someone said no substitute for meeting people in real life. I go to a Bible study once a week. that helps with loneliness. Church is the best option in my opinion.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I understand your pain and I empathize.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Sometimes, a meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Last, but not least:[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -  Buddha[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Think positive.[/font]

Latest posts

Back