Don't think, just do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quietude

Reaction score
I suffer with over thinking situations and causing myself pointless stress. Recently though, I have got a lot better and have been having these weird experiences...

Sometimes situations of past and future will be racing through my mind and I will be stressing over them. Just simple stuff usually... Anything which involves social stuff. I stress over going places and doing things alone, whether I will do something to embarrass myself perhaps (though I never really do. I'm not clumsy or have a disability or anything), whether I am judged, etc, etc... Funnily enough when I am actually in the situation though, I don't get anxious and everything is generally fine. So I am just stressing out days or hours beforehand but not when I am actually in the situation.

Recently though, I have begun managing to suddenly snap out of this line of thinking when stressing myself out. For a moment it's like having a moment of clarity... Coming to the rationalization that nothing really matters. You are who you are, you can change if you want, you can be anyone, you can go anywhere you want and you can do what you want. There is no need to care about what others think. Give it a year they will likely forget all about whatever it was anyway. I see myself in the future just doing things in life with no stress, no anxiety, no real cares, and possibly being successful because of it... certainly being happy because of it.

I so hope one day I can achieve this. It's slowly becoming a reality after so so many years.

Sometimes you definitely need to take a step back and not overthink...

Don't think, just do.

Absolutely agree.

Unless its eating people. Dont eat people.

Agreed - action speak louder then words. However taking action is the hardest step for quite a few people. Especially when you've been rejected alot and are like me caustious, hestitant and wary of people.

I have over the past few years i have stepped out of my comfort zone, by getting peoples numbers, attending meetups and working on my social skills. It hasn't given me friends but i definitely feel alot more confident.

Latest posts

Back