Curiosities, "What Ifs", Etc. - Interesting Articles, Pages, Pictures, Videos

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSkaFish

Jedi Guardian
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time surfing, just following my curiosity wherever it leads and thought maybe this might be a good thread idea since I didn't find one exactly like it.  I'm always looking for new topics to think about, new inspiration.  I thought I'd collect some of those ideas in a thread and maybe it might help us all find new things to read, talk, and think about, a hub for ideas and topics kind of like a mini StumbleUpon.  And you can branch out from here.

What interesting articles (including Wikipedia), pages, pictures, or videos have made you think, made you curious, or caught your attention?

It could be almost anything, but leaning towards stuff that intrigues you, and away from anything that could get too personal or confrontational.

This is what caught my eye today:

[youtube]_AQZTW1ua3g[/youtube]

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_alien

Let's see some of yours!

I once saw a wiki page saying that hamburgers were called hamburgers because back in the world war, the soldiers would eat the people from Hamburg so they wouldn't starve.

TheRealCallie said:
I once saw a wiki page saying that hamburgers were called hamburgers because back in the world war, the soldiers would eat the people from Hamburg so they wouldn't starve.

Well, eating someone ahead of time is indeed one way to make sure they don't starve. I don't know if it's the best solution, but I guess it gets the job done.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I often search up "dream dictionary" and "stupid lawsuits"

nibbysaurus said:
I watch beekeeping videos

How about posting some of your favorites?

[youtube]TcKpx2DxGwY[/youtube]

While the video labels it as "An unknown lifeform picked up by sewer snakecam in North Carolina. Believed to be of ET origin" it is in reality a mass of tubificid worms which can move in unison giving the impression that it is a single entity.

Saw this yesterday.  I don't really connect emotionally with exotics/supercars/hypercars, as I'm unlikely to afford them and also I'm a big fan of the muscle/pony car class.  But I still thought this was pretty mindblowing.  It seemed not so long ago that 200mph was a big deal. As they say in the clip, at 300mph, airplanes are flying at that point.  And the engine sounds like something out of Star Wars.  I thought it was neat, anyway:

[youtube]FuS_bXJNync[/youtube]

I love videos of smart , funny, cute animals!

Can't figure how to embed videos or whatever. I tried over and over again. Me sucks when it comes to computers.

I read this today! Everyone eat ur veggies!!!!!! 
https://www.scotsman.com/news/peopl...ng-junk-food-for-more-than-a-decade-1-4996153

carrot1.gif

I really enjoyed this on YouTube. Lots of interesting things in it. If you're into rabbit holes, there's enough here to look into that you will be busy for awhile. If you enjoy the movie, there's more videos too. I haven't watched them yet, but am planning to someday soon.

Zeitgeist: The Movie - by Peter Joseph

Latest posts

Back