Correcting Low Self Esteem and Shyness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlertChristians

Reaction score
Low self esteem and shyness comes from starting with wrong assumptions and living in them. And you're not alone; many start out with wrong assumptions. Many even live out their lives this way. For example, a TV show or commercial presents the idea that you should be more like them. Wrong assumption.

If you go around like practically every one else, conforming themselves to each other or to those in media - trying to fit in, then you've swallowed Satan's lie, the father of lies who has deceived the whole world.

The truth is you should conform yourself to God, to the word of God, to the word of God made flesh - the Lord Jesus Christ. Why? For life and to have life abundantly, here on earth and for eternity. Satan comes only to steal, kill, and destroy. Jesus came that we may have life and have it abundantly.

Holy Bible - John 10:10 - New American Standard 1977
"The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly.

So, should you conform yourself to the ungodly of the world who follows Satan?
Or, should you conform yourself to God and follow Jesus?
God the Father commanded us to listen to Jesus. And Jesus commander us to follow Him.

Holy Bible - Matthew 17:5 - New American Standard 1977
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Holy Bible - Matthew 16:24 - New American Standard 1977
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

When you start with the right assumptions, the truth, then you have the right foundation from which to gain proper self esteem - from what God thinks of you, and not from what the ungodly thinks of you.

AlertChristians
Bradley Dean Sanderson

Thanks!

Each time I came to take care of my Mom, I get bored of the things she watched in the mornings... 😑

Latest posts

Back