It’s over

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewolf33

Reaction score
I’m not trying anymore, not making any effort, I have nothing nor anyone tied to me to stay around. I’m ******* done

Nothing is over yet. "You got nothing but time" and there will be better times, it's just hard to see them when you are down. At least you found the energy to make a thread on this forum, when I'm feeling down I don't have the energy to do that. I'm sure a lot of people will write you nice and encouraging replies. Just wait, people here care at least about people.

Dr_Pixel said:
Nothing is over yet. "You got nothing but time" and there will be better times, it's just hard to see them when you are down. At least you found the energy to make a thread on this forum, when I'm feeling down I don't have the energy to do that. I'm sure a lot of people will write you nice and encouraging replies. Just wait, people here care at least about people.

It’s easy to give nice comments to some nameless, faceless, stranger from the internet. That means absolutely nothing in the real world. I rather get obliterated by a fast moving tractor trailer right now then spend another miserable second on this earth. And no amount of nice internet stranger comments will change that

Your life is what you believe it is. None of us can change that, only you can.
It is NOT impossible to make your life better though, to find meaning and desire. You just have to stop giving up.

There are many reasons to stay alive.

We can’t change the past, but we can choose what we want to change from now on.
Be strong. Breathe, and keep going.

What Dr. P, Callie and s_h have told you are all good counsels. Get through this awful zone you're in, it will pass, eventually it will pass and when it's gone you will still be here and you'll be stronger than when you entered this dark place you're in now.

constant stranger said:
What Dr. P, Callie and s_h have told you are all good counsels.  Get through this awful zone you're in, it will pass, eventually it will pass and when it's gone you will still be here and you'll be stronger than when you entered this dark place you're in now.

Yes you’re right it does pass... into the next cycle of misery

Lonewolf33 said:

Why does it automatically have to be miserable?  What are you doing to change your situation?  Maybe you should try thinking outside the box.  Maybe you should try going into thinking "hey, I got this, I will not fail.". You'd be surprised how much that can help.

You have no one tied to you? That leaves a lot of room for you to make a major comeback for yourself and your life. Have some pride in yourself. You got this!

TheRealCallie said:
Lonewolf33 said:

Why does it automatically have to be miserable?  What are you doing to change your situation?  Maybe you should try thinking outside the box.  Maybe you should try going into thinking "hey, I got this, I will not fail.". You'd be surprised how much that can help.

I’ve been down this road did a complete life change-over yet here I am it’s all bullshit anyways. We all tell ourselves whatever just to get through the day.

Just getting through the day is better than Game Over. I know because I lived it, one shitty day after another and I'm still here, the honeysuckle didn't win and it's a life worth living, far from wonderful but a lot better than it was.

There is no surrender, Lonewolf!

life sucks alright. For some of us things get worse instead of better. Life is full of pain and misery.

I've stood on the edge of the black abyss quite a few times and looked down into it, very nearly opting out. What stopped me is I know that life and things can change in a single day.
Yes I still get depressed and when I do it can seem like nothing will ever change. But I've been there before. I know I'll be depressed again in the future.

I'm not going to tell you 'nice things' as you put it. But I will tell you what changed my mind about ending it. Of all the sh!tty things that can happen in my daily life, there have been moments where I have found myself feeling good, smiling even. I wouldn't have had those moments (as brief as they sometimes are) if I had committed suicide. I'm at least giving life a chance. You never know just what curve ball life may throw at you, for better or worse. But that makes life interesting.

You feel pretty down at the moment, but in a weeks time you could be feeling totally different and glad you never chose to end it. Death is permanent, life is not. Try to get something out of it, anything.. while it lasts. It'll be over before you know it.

I agree with Jakotae. It's what I've experienced too.

Why do you feel so down today Lonewolf?

Why not try living for those who didn't get the chance.
I'm not making this a competition and I don't in any way mean to imply that there are worse off than you. There is... there will always be someone worse off, no matter who you are.

What I am saying is that if you can't find meaning for your own life, do something for others. Do something who those that wanted to live, bit couldn't, like putting a flower on a child's grave. Or volunteer at a soup kitchen or habitat for humanity even if you need that help too. Maybe giving help and kindness to others will make you see how grateful people are for help or how much good there is in the world or giving a family a good thought about a stranger doing something nice.

It's not always about doing for yourself that gives you a leg up in life, sometimes it helps to forget your own troubles and help others. It doesn't matter what you don't have, focus on what you do have. You have the ability to do all those things and probably more.

(Yes, it's in another thread. I originally meant to post it here. Since I doubt you will see it in the other thread, I copy/pasted)

Jakotae said:
I've stood on the edge of the black abyss quite a few times and looked down into it, very nearly opting out. What stopped me is I know that life and things can change in a single day.
Yes I still get depressed and when I do it can seem like nothing will ever change. But I've been there before. I know I'll be depressed again in the future.

I'm not going to tell you 'nice things' as you put it. But I will tell you what changed my mind about ending it. Of all the sh!tty things that can happen in my daily life, there have been moments where I have found myself feeling good, smiling even. I wouldn't have had those moments (as brief as they sometimes are) if I had committed suicide. I'm at least giving life a chance. You never know just what curve ball life may throw at you, for better or worse. But that makes life interesting.

You feel pretty down at the moment, but in a weeks time you could be feeling totally different and glad you never chose to end it. Death is permanent, life is not. Try to get something out of it, anything.. while it lasts. It'll be over before you know it.

The feel good moments that I experience is like the calm before the storm. I’ll have a day even where things feel good and then bam back into a dark spiral. It never fails this is just a continuing trend that I’ve experienced most of my adult life.

"Talk doesn't cook rice!"  -  Chinese Proverb

Take action !
Make some positive change every day.

sunlight_hope said:

Take action !

Like I said I’ve taken action before and for awhile things go okay. But I always end in the same place

[font=Arial, sans-serif] Learn from your mistakes.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif] Put all your effort into making things happen. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]" When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." -  Confucius [/font]

Lonewolf33 said:
sunlight_hope said:

Take action !

Like I said I’ve taken action before and for awhile things go okay. But I always end in the same place

You've been saying basically the same thing the whole time you've been on the forum. I'm not saying you haven't taken action, but what all have you tried?

Do you still work at that same job? The one where your supervisor or coworker or someone was trying to get you into trouble? 

How about the friend issues you were having? How is that going?

Do you have any fun? I think you posted not too long ago that you only work and sleep...? You have to make time for yourself. 

What in your life is going well? What are you grateful for? Sometimes we start to focus on all the negative crap that's weighing on our lives and we forget that there are still good things too.

Latest posts

Back