It’s over

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaetic said:
Lonewolf33 said:
sunlight_hope said:
"Talk doesn't cook rice!"  -  Chinese Proverb

Take action !
Make some positive change every day.

[quote pid='901644' dateline='1556268904']
You've been saying basically the same thing the whole time you've been on the forum. I'm not saying you haven't taken action, but what all have you tried?

Why does it even matter at this point? I hate this idea that hey if you do x, y, and z your outlook will change and life will get better. If the source of my depression was poverty, homelessness, would you just say hey just go get a job and then rent an apartment? You do realize that we are only in control of so much?

Do you still work at that same job? The one where your supervisor or coworker or someone was trying to get you into trouble? 

Yes what should I do protest quit I work with snakes (not all the people of course) but short of quitting what are my options?

How about the friend issues you were having? How is that going?

It’s not going the friendship is over and we no longer speak

Do you have any fun? I think you posted not too long ago that you only work and sleep...? You have to make time for yourself. 

Make time for myself so I can obsess even more about all the honeysuckle that’s tearing me apart?

What in your life is going well? What are you grateful for? Sometimes we start to focus on all the negative crap that's weighing on our lives and we forget that there are still good things too.

i guess I’m grateful for being able to provide for myself and not have struggle terribly financially. But that’s it 

[/quote]

Society kind of expects the lonely and unwanted to just whither and die. I like giving the middle finger to that. And who knows things could change. May as well stick around to find out. Noadvice sorry, except that a toxic work environment does tend to affect the rest of your life, probably more than you realise. You might want to focus on finding something else. I know it's not easy if you can't ask your manager for a reference.

Lonewolf33 said:
kaetic said:
Lonewolf33 said:
sunlight_hope said:
"Talk doesn't cook rice!"  -  Chinese Proverb

Take action !
Make some positive change every day.

[quote pid='901644' dateline='1556268904']
You've been saying basically the same thing the whole time you've been on the forum. I'm not saying you haven't taken action, but what all have you tried?

Why does it even matter at this point? I hate this idea that hey if you do x, y, and z your outlook will change and life will get better. If the source of my depression was poverty, homelessness, would you just say hey just go get a job and then rent an apartment? You do realize that we are only in control of so much?

Do you still work at that same job? The one where your supervisor or coworker or someone was trying to get you into trouble? 

Yes what should I do protest quit I work with snakes (not all the people of course) but short of quitting what are my options?

How about the friend issues you were having? How is that going?

It’s not going the friendship is over and we no longer speak

Do you have any fun? I think you posted not too long ago that you only work and sleep...? You have to make time for yourself. 

Make time for myself so I can obsess even more about all the honeysuckle that’s tearing me apart?

What in your life is going well? What are you grateful for? Sometimes we start to focus on all the negative crap that's weighing on our lives and we forget that there are still good things too.

i guess I’m grateful for being able to provide for myself and not have struggle terribly financially. But that’s it 

[/quote]

Why is quitting so ridiculous? And suicide isn't? Certainly don't unless you have another job lined up..  don't want to screw up the only thing you're grateful for.

Yes I get there's a lot in the world thats outside of our control, but it's also really easy to just say everything is outside our control. Gives us an excuse to wallow in our misery instead of truly looking at our lives and figuring out why we keep coming to this point. I'm not trying to be mean,  I'm speaking from experience. Nothing will ever get better so long as you don't want it to.

I think you, just like most people, are just afraid to change because you think it won't get any better.  

It never will if you don't do anything to change it. And you refuse to do that.  That's not the world's fault, that is yours.  Your life is miserable because you make it that way.
Would it really hurt anything to at least make a full effort into changing things before you give up on life?  You certainly wouldn't be any worse off than you are now.

Volunteering boils down to feeling better about yourself and maybe being a little more grateful. I wish people wouldn't present this as something it isn't. It can't fill the void where real friends and a partner would be, and it's said so often he's no doubt heard it before.

ardour said:
Volunteering boils down to feeling better about yourself and maybe being a little more grateful. I wish people wouldn't present this as something it isn't. It can't fill the void where real friends and a partner would be, and it's said so often he's  no doubt heard it before.

No, it can't fill a void, but it can present opportunities to make new friends.  
I find that people are more open to making friends if they have a desire to volunteer.  They are usually more caring and all that.  That is one of the reasons I suggest volunteering.

TheRealCallie said:
I think you, just like most people, are just afraid to change because you think it won't get any better.  

It never will if you don't do anything to change it. And you refuse to do that.  That's not the world's fault, that is yours.  Your life is miserable because you make it that way.
Would it really hurt anything to at least make a full effort into changing things before you give up on life?  You certainly wouldn't be any worse off than you are now.

I’ve said before about 3 years ago I completely changed my life from work, lifestyle, even the way I ate. For awhile it worked. But 3 years later I’m back at point 1.

Latest posts

Back