Into the storm

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostSoul2

Reaction score
I was once told that I needed to “hold fast” as I was about to head into the storm. I feel like I am in the storm and can’t find my way out. So many things have happen in my life that I sort of feel that I was born in the storm rather than steering through it. Even my memories that once comfort me seem like a daydream that I made up. And to make it worst I feel like I am alone; only my thoughts keep me company.

In most circumstances, you can find your way out of the storm. But, if you're truly stuck in a storm, all you can do is make the best out of the situation. I highly doubt there is no way out of the predicament you're in, though. If you'd like to share, feel free to PM me. Keep positive.

Thank you for reply... I am sure there is a way out, but not sure which way to go. I seem to always seem to encounter another obstacle. Funny, not sure how I would even know how to react in a life without chaos. I know I am not different from any other person experiencing life, but even with that knowledge I feel alone.

No problem! When I didn't know which way to go, I focused on becoming the best version of myself, and the mind change that came along with that journey allowed me to see the way out. Eating healthy, working out, learning, etc, all helped to develop myself into a person that was able to make more sound decisions. There will always be obstacles in your life, but you have to treat them as something you have to go around in order to achieve what you want. You can't think of obstacles as impenetrable walls, which a lot of us have the habit of doing. And trust me, you are not alone.

I agree; there are many things that I can do to ease stress and overcome life obstacles. It’s just finding which ones to take on and which ones to let go. I do take pretty good care of myself, but right now I feel very over load and my emotional bank is empty.

Lostsoul2, allow me to offer a different perspective.  Most people on this site struggle with relationship problems of some type, and this often seems to go with loneliness, depression, low self esteem, and a lack of direction in life.  What's sad to me is that people will try to overcome these challenges in life on their own or with diversions that don't get to the root of the problem.  In other words, they treat the symptoms with worldy pursuits instead of curing the deficiency in their lives with the spiritual truth.  Now, I don't mean to misjudge you, but your situation sounds like someone who lacks the Lord's love and guidance in their life.

Christians struggle with relationship problems, loneliness, and all the other worldly challenges too, but they don't do it blindly or alone.  Their faith gives them purpose and meaning to life, the Bible gives them answers and guidance in life, and Jesus and the church gives them love and support in life.  These are needs that we all have, and our Creator has endowed us with the hearts and free will to accept his love and plan for us or to reject it.  I can attest with near certainty though, that those who accept this gospel truth not only have a better world and life to look forward to down the road, but also have a powerful ally in getting through this short, temporary life successfully.

Life is about relationships, with knowing and loving the Lord coming first.  When you've got that right, the other relationships and problems in life become much more manageable.   You want real, life changing help?  I'd suggest that you can flounder around alone, seeking shallow solutions to temporary concerns, or you can seek the love and guidance from your all powerful Creator, Lord, and Savior.  He's there with his hand out, offering what you need most.  It's up to you to receive him. 

I'll not preach to you anymore unless you want to discuss it.  But, I hope my words at least make you ponder things in a different light.

Sir Joseph said:
Lostsoul2, allow me to offer a different perspective.  Most people on this site struggle with relationship problems of some type, and this often seems to go with loneliness, depression, low self esteem, and a lack of direction in life.  What's sad to me is that people will try to overcome these challenges in life on their own or with diversions that don't get to the root of the problem.  In other words, they treat the symptoms with worldy pursuits instead of curing the deficiency in their lives with the spiritual truth.  Now, I don't mean to misjudge you, but your situation sounds like someone who lacks the Lord's love and guidance in their life.

Christians struggle with relationship problems, loneliness, and all the other worldly challenges too, but they don't do it blindly or alone.  Their faith gives them purpose and meaning to life, the Bible gives them answers and guidance in life, and Jesus and the church gives them love and support in life.  These are needs that we all have, and our Creator has endowed us with the hearts and free will to accept his love and plan for us or to reject it.  I can attest with near certainty though, that those who accept this gospel truth not only have a better world and life to look forward to down the road, but also have a powerful ally in getting through this short, temporary life successfully.

Life is about relationships, with knowing and loving the Lord coming first.  When you've got that right, the other relationships and problems in life become much more manageable.   You want real, life changing help?  I'd suggest that you can flounder around alone, seeking shallow solutions to temporary concerns, or you can seek the love and guidance from your all powerful Creator, Lord, and Savior.  He's there with his hand out, offering what you need most.  It's up to you to receive him. 

I'll not preach to you anymore unless you want to discuss it.  But, I hope my words at least make you ponder things in a different light.

Most adults already know enough about Christianity to know where they stand on that. I know I don't particularly feel like worshiping a being who consigns the majority of mankind to hell for failing to glorify him in the right manner. Religious discussion breaks forum rules too, and it's more than a bit creepy when religious people try to target the lonely.

Religious discussion IS allowed, Religious DEBATE is NOT.

That said, religious discussion should not hijack a persons thread pr be continuously brought up unless it is something they want to further discuss.

LostSoul2 said:
I was once told that I needed to “hold fast” as I was about to head into the storm. I feel like I am in the storm and can’t find my way out. So many things have happen in my life that I sort of feel that I was born in the storm rather than steering through it. Even my memories that once comfort me seem like a daydream that I made up. And to make it worst I feel like I am alone; only my thoughts keep me company.

I feel much the same. As though I was born under a bad sign. An existence of both monotony and chaos, which has spiraled down to futility. The only comfort is the mental imagery in my head that reels over and over on a loop. Sometimes nothing seems real, and other times it’s far too palpable to withstand that I have to retreat into yet another method of escapism to cope.

Latest posts

Back